Can you make your own cpap air filter?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jackiep

Re: Can you make your own cpap air filter?

Post by Jackiep » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:04 pm

How long do you use the grey foam filters supplied for the Respironics System One Machine ? I wash mine every two weeks but have continued to use it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Jackiep wrote:How long do you use the grey foam filters supplied for the Respironics System One Machine ? I wash mine every two weeks but have continued to use it.
till bits start falling off... it's meant to be washed and reused.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mimulus

Post by mimulus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:16 pm

I live in wildfire effected area of Santa Rosa. I just checked the filter in my Resmed Airsense 10 for her CPAP (which I replaced about a month ago) and it was grey. Looking at the product information for the filters...they are designed to take out larger particle sizes like dander, not smoke. The tech rep on chat said they sell nothing for fine and ultrafine particles that a n95 mask would filter. Although we are runing a HEPA airpurifier and just ordered an negative ion genrator to help cleant he interior air. I am tempted to make my own filter for the Resmed out of an airmask, but don't want to burn out my motor either...so for now will just order more replacement filters and replace them more ofter till air gets better.

n a n

Post by n a n » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:10 pm

mimulus wrote:I live in wildfire effected area of Santa Rosa. I just checked the filter in my Resmed Airsense 10 for her CPAP (which I replaced about a month ago) and it was grey. Looking at the product information for the filters...they are designed to take out larger particle sizes like dander, not smoke. The tech rep on chat said they sell nothing for fine and ultrafine particles that a n95 mask would filter. Although we are runing a HEPA airpurifier and just ordered an negative ion genrator to help cleant he interior air. I am tempted to make my own filter for the Resmed out of an airmask, but don't want to burn out my motor either...so for now will just order more replacement filters and replace them more ofter till air gets better.
We were in the Waterton Park wild fire, I just changed my filters more often and kept all of my windows closed. The foam filter I washed and the paper one I just replaced after I checked them every morning until the fire was put out. It worked out I was changing them every 4 or 5 days, my health is more important than the few dollars it cost to use up my filters quicker..

Nan