Airmony CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoocrewphoto

Re: Airmony CPAP

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:32 pm

A clear example of why students hoping to create a better cpap machine should actually use one for a month before designing their new machine. So many misconceptions about the current cpap machines.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Omne

Post by Omne » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:44 pm

The claim about helping ADHD is outright fraud. I hope your marketing guys have been fired. Try to claim that and the FDA and FTC will be all over you.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Omne wrote:The claim about helping ADHD is outright fraud. I hope your marketing guys have been fired. Try to claim that and the FDA and FTC will be all over you.
meh: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-michae ... 93570.html

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:46 pm

palerider wrote:
Omne wrote:The claim about helping ADHD is outright fraud. I hope your marketing guys have been fired. Try to claim that and the FDA and FTC will be all over you.
Well the trick seems to be getting the right diagnosis. Both of you are right. CPAP will not help real ADHD. But it will help misdiagnosed ADHD.

It seems to be like depression. They need to learn to rule out OSA before they go roaring forward with the ADHD diagnosis.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Omne

Post by Omne » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:58 pm

palerider wrote:
The problem is that any claim to treat or cure a medical condition has to be supported by clinical studies or be based on existing approved tech/drugs, and they're pretty strict on medical devices. I know of several "supplements" that were supposed to treat ADHD and they ended up with product seizures, cease & desist orders as well as fines. This device is treating something that is, by definition, not ADHD.
ADHD is a differential diagnosis, if they find something else that is causing the symptoms it's not diagnosed as ADHD.

Sorry for being testy about it but I have ADHD and the sheer amount of BS cures and treatments, or simply denial it exists, that gets thrown around becomes really irritating. It would be like people constantly coming in here and claiming that sleep apnea doesn't exist, it's all a scam by the doctors or made up by the device companies or it's just imaginary. After a couple of thousand of them came through you'd be kind of tired of it too. Is it over diagnosed? Absolutely. Should things like apnea be ruled out, again absolutely. But don't claim a CPAP machine is going to treat or cure actual ADHD, it's like claiming it will cure cancer.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Omne wrote:The problem is that any claim to treat or cure a medical condition ...
Sorry for being (overly) testy about it ...
cool your jets, sparky, and perhaps you should go back and re-read their claim, amidst all the other crap, you're overly fixated on "Airmony can help improve children’s academic performance because correct respiration increases the oxygen supply to the brain needed to concentrate."

sounds reasonable, and nowhere does it claim to treat or cure, just help. of course having more oxygen for the brain helps *everyone* not just someone with ADHD.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:14 pm

I believe they're two different diagnoses, both just as valid (unless misdiagnosed). If helping one (OSA) helps the other, great, but not a given by a mile... and think about it - helping ADHD requires stimulant meds that in fact slow down and regulate moods, behaviours, etc. in those people, not the first thing you think of as being helpful in OSA.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:44 pm

$0 USD raised by 0 backers .....investors are stayin' away in droves it would seem.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:02 am

Gasper62 wrote:$0 USD raised by 0 backers .....investors are stayin' away in droves it would seem.
even that really expensive 'travel hose' got more than that.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:34 am

The old the-more-stuff-you-can-get-off-the-nightstand-and-onto-your-nose-the-better theory.

Omne

Post by Omne » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:54 am

palerider wrote:
Omne wrote:The problem is that any claim to treat or cure a medical condition ...
Sorry for being (overly) testy about it ...
cool your jets, sparky, and perhaps you should go back and re-read their claim, amidst all the other crap, you're overly fixated on "Airmony can help improve children’s academic performance because correct respiration increases the oxygen supply to the brain needed to concentrate."
If the claim wasn't under a bold headline that says: "CHILDREN WITH ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER (ADHD)" I'd buy that.

If they just had the part about academic performance I'd be fine with it and agree with it.

And I'll cool it. As I said this is the one area that I know I am thin skinned about. I've seen parents almost ruin themselves financially chasing any number of bogus cures/treatments in the support groups over the past 20+ years.

PEF

Post by PEF » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:57 am

I think these people are very mistaken about what bothers CPAP users. My machine does not bother me at all. The only thing that has the potential to bother me is what I need to wear on my face. Judging from the look of that horrible contraption on the kid's face, I could never, ever sleep with that thing.

TBIOM TEAM

Post by TBIOM TEAM » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:55 am

BlackSpinner wrote:All I can say is that if that story is Representative of your company's research skills then I would run as fast as possible in the other direction. For fucks sake there were light weight batteries already on the market 2 years ago. We have threads more then 2 years old on the forum about it.
Thank you for your comment BlackSpinner,

Could you specify the weights you are talking about?

For Airmony, one night autonomy needs a 200g battery. The device itself weights 280g MASK INCLUDED. We are working on making these weights even smaller.

Hope you found the information useful.

Thank you.
TBIOM team.
Official TBIOM account
Indiegogo project: http://bit.ly/29waZ0p
Twitter: @TbioMed
Facebook: TBIOM

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:02 am

TBIOM TEAM wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:All I can say is that if that story is Representative of your company's research skills then I would run as fast as possible in the other direction. For fucks sake there were light weight batteries already on the market 2 years ago. We have threads more then 2 years old on the forum about it.
Thank you for your comment BlackSpinner,

Could you specify the weights you are talking about?

For Airmony, one night autonomy needs a 200g battery. The device itself weights 280g MASK INCLUDED. We are working on making these weights even smaller.

Hope you found the information useful.

Thank you.
TBIOM team.
If you don't know you need to get out of the business. The whole site is one big lie.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:07 am

chunkyfrog wrote:I cannot believe this thing is real, ever will be real, or could ever be used longer than TWO MINUTES!
This is the most ridiculous design I have ever seen.
This would have gotten a failing grade in my industrial design class.
IS THIS A JOKE?

Is it a joke?

I wish people would work half as hard on real solutions as they do on pranks, 'punk'ds' and jokes.
I think there is still lots of room to make great improvements in the size, weight, power, comfort ...

Some of these pranksters are really bright.

This silliness just seems mean. Like poking fun or trying to make people discouraged and miserable?
Though I DO like the casting choice for the 'doctor' in the avatar.
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.