CPAP has wrong time of day

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pikov22

CPAP has wrong time of day

Post by pikov22 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:57 pm

RemStar 560P with A-Flex. (Don't know why it doesn't show up in the footer!)

The times recorded are 12 minutes off from actual. How do I fix that?

Thanks.

ChicagoGranny

Re: CPAP has wrong time of day

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:12 pm

pikov22 wrote:The times recorded are 12 minutes off from actual.
Why does this matter?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:09 pm

The link to your machine is broken because your machine has now officially been discontinued and replaced by a newer model. That's the way it seems to be with all the discontinued equipment. Just manually type it in your comments section of your profile.

Which software are you using with your machine?
If it is SleepyHead there should be a clock drift adjustment you can make (it may depend on which version you are using) in Preferences/CPAP tab and then look in upper left corner.
If it's Encore there's nothing you can do about it.
The Respironics machines have an internal clock and battery that is preset at the factory to GMT time and when it starts to drift off there's nothing we can do about it. We can't get to that internal setting...it can only be done at the factory.

If you are using SleepyHead and your version is older and doesn't have the clock drift feature then you need to get the latest version if you want to adjust the reports so that the times are correct.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

pikov22

Post by pikov22 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Pugsy wrote:The link to your machine is broken because your machine has now officially been discontinued and replaced by a newer model. That's the way it seems to be with all the discontinued equipment. Just manually type it in your comments section of your profile.
What is the newer model?
Pugsy wrote:Which software are you using with your machine?
If it is SleepyHead there should be a clock drift adjustment you can make (it may depend on which version you are using) in Preferences/CPAP tab and then look in upper left corner.
If it's Encore there's nothing you can do about it.
The Respironics machines have an internal clock and battery that is preset at the factory to GMT time and when it starts to drift off there's nothing we can do about it. We can't get to that internal setting...it can only be done at the factory.

If you are using SleepyHead and your version is older and doesn't have the clock drift feature then you need to get the latest version if you want to adjust the reports so that the times are correct.
OK. I'm having a problem with the latest beta of Sleepyhead. It imports all the files from my SD card but doesn't display any data past May 30. Any ideas about that?
-----------
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; YOU are the one who gets burned.

pikov22

Post by pikov22 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:27 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Why does this matter?
Why do you care what matters to me?
-----------
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; YOU are the one who gets burned.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:39 pm

The clock in that cpap is not adjustable by the end user as it requires a special cable and equipment to do so. It is set at the factory to GMT and then displays local time after you set your time zone. The clocks do drift over the years which is why it is now slightly off. SleepyHead software has the ability to change the times in the data that it imports to display events at the correct time but you need to tell it how much of an adjustment to make.

Most people don't care if the clock is a little off - they care much more about how well they sleep.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:54 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Why does this matter?
it offends his OCDness.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:18 pm

pikov22 wrote:What is the newer model?
Respironics released its new DreamStation model line last fall or there abouts I think it was.
Pretty much all the same models but they look different with pretty much the same algorithm for getting the job done but a few "fluff" features maybe. I haven't had a chance to check them out myself to compare them to the PR S1 model line.

This one would be comparable to your 560 model.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... chine.html
pikov22 wrote: OK. I'm having a problem with the latest beta of Sleepyhead. It imports all the files from my SD card but doesn't display any data past May 30. Any ideas about that?
I have no idea what that problem might be. I am using it but haven't used it with my PR S1 machine yet (been using my S9) and I have experienced a few little minor bugs in the Preferences settings that others aren't experiencing so I gather it's hit or miss in terms of "bugginess".
I know that it pulled all my old data from my other versions of SH without issue...or at least none that I have spotted but then I don't go back and check all the really old stuff.
You might try creating a new user profile and see if it's still buggy with the new profile.
You can always go back to 9.8.1 (I posted a link for it in your other thread) and it has the clock drift feature on it.
There's no real advantage to you for using the latest version if it is buggy for you. The latest version is mainly to add compatibility with the new DreamStation models...which 9.8.1 wouldn't work with.
There were a couple of very minor additions to this latest version but nothing critical since you are using a System One machine. The important basics are still there and unchanged.

Oh...I read your comment to mean that no data past May 30 meant to include the month of June and you weren't talking about backwards..May, April,March, etc.
You can check your SD card to make sure the June files are on the card though....go into the SD card...Look for the folder that is a Pserialnumber (your machines serial number) and go into that folder and look for another folder that has P0,P1,P2 or whatever P number and the highest Pnumber will be the most recent folder then you can go into that folder and look at the dates to see if the files are for sure on the SD card. I have no reason to think they won't be but it never hurts to look. The date modified is the files for the previous night.
Like last night's files will have date modified 6/30/16 even though the data is for the calendar date of 6/29.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:19 pm

pikov22 wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote: Why does this matter?
Why do you care what matters to me?
Why do you care why I care about what matters to you?

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:21 pm

https://youtu.be/b5ewTCEFUeY Oh, yeah, Brady's a crybaby cheater !