Woke up for the first time today without a big headache

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
avi123

Re: Woke up for the first time today without a big headache

Post by avi123 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Poor Enchanter to be clobbered like that while not being able to eat.

egzbuen

Post by egzbuen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:
Enchanter wrote:I have to recover and won't be on here anymore because of the negativity. But I just had to post this for anyone who might be curious for themselves. I have no obligation to make anymore comments. Goodbye.
There's always some negativity with change, after all people are people. I wish you luck and would like it if you came back in six months and updated us on your status. Good or bad, mostly because it's interesting.
True. It would be really helpful to some, probably not all of the, members here if you continue sharing your experience as regards the procedure you went through.

So I hope you do reconsider and continue sharing your experience.

Sent from hell

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:42 pm

There are approx. 800 pages of enchanter's experiences to read up on..... if one were so inclined.

egzbuen

Post by egzbuen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Gasper62 wrote:There are approx. 800 pages of enchanter's experiences to read up on..... if one were so inclined.
How many of those pages deal with the recent procedure and the after effects he recently just went through?

Would love to read those , considering this thread which deals with that "recent procedure" and not past experiences.

I really am curious with the effects of his recent surgery since I, as posted earlier, almost considered it too.

Sent from hell

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:40 pm

egzbuen wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:There are approx. 800 pages of enchanter's experiences to read up on..... if one were so inclined.
How many of those pages deal with the recent procedure and the after effects he recently just went through?

Would love to read those , considering this thread which deals with that "recent procedure" and not past experiences.

I really am curious with the effects of his recent surgery since I, as posted earlier, almost considered it too.

Sent from hell

Most of the people who have had this procedure and posted here more than a few months after - have posted that the results have not lasted.Many regretted it.

That is why it is important to hear reviews that are 6 months later, a year later, etc. It seems to be pretty common for this surgery to have short term positive results, but only short term. And some long term side effects. We don't want to mislead people into a bad decision that can't be undone.

It sounds like Enchanter had multiple things done, so the turbinate reduction may be great longterm while the UPPP surgery may be a long term regret.

Kinda like diets. Most people are aware that diets tend to work short term, but people often gain the weight back, or worse, gain even more weight afterward. So, you have to be really careful. Short term fixes don't usually work long term, especially for problems that tend to get worse on their own over time anyway.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:10 pm

"What's past is prologue"

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:12 pm

I had UPPP surgery, turbinate reduction, and deviated septum corrected around 1996. I don't regret having the surgery. It corrected the sleep apnea at that time. When I had it done, my job required a lot of travel by air and I was already carrying a nebulizer machine with me. The cpap machines at that time were not the small, compact machines we have today. It would have been difficult to carry one of the machines with me when I traveled. The turbinate reduction and correction of the deviated septum made breathing easier period. I started showing signs of sleep apnea about four years ago, and was initially diagnosed in August of 2014. It took until May, 2016 to get a bilevel machine. My first sleep doctor did not follow the correct medicare procedures, and I had to repeat my sleep and titration studies.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

egzbuen

Post by egzbuen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:17 pm

zoocrewphoto wrote:
egzbuen wrote:

Sent from hell

Most of the people who have had this procedure and posted here more than a few months after - have posted that the results have not lasted.Many regretted it.

That is why it is important to hear reviews that are 6 months later, a year later, etc. It seems to be pretty common for this surgery to have short term positive results, but only short term. And some long term side effects. We don't want to mislead people into a bad decision that can't be undone.

It sounds like Enchanter had multiple things done, so the turbinate reduction may be great longterm while the UPPP surgery may be a long term regret.

Kinda like diets. Most people are aware that diets tend to work short term, but people often gain the weight back, or worse, gain even more weight afterward. So, you have to be really careful. Short term fixes don't usually work long term, especially for problems that tend to get worse on their own over time anyway.
I couldn't agree more.

I hope enchanter won't be discouraged to share his experiences in the next few months.

Needless to state, everyone's personal experience adds to the wealth of information found on this forum which, to begin with, is the reason why we all signed up here.

Sent from hell

egzbuen

Post by egzbuen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Okie bipap wrote:I had UPPP surgery, turbinate reduction, and deviated septum corrected around 1996. I don't regret having the surgery. It corrected the sleep apnea at that time. When I had it done, my job required a lot of travel by air and I was already carrying a nebulizer machine with me. The cpap machines at that time were not the small, compact machines we have today. It would have been difficult to carry one of the machines with me when I traveled. The turbinate reduction and correction of the deviated septum made breathing easier period. I started showing signs of sleep apnea about four years ago, and was initially diagnosed in August of 2014. It took until May, 2016 to get a bilevel machine. My first sleep doctor did not follow the correct medicare procedures, and I had to repeat my sleep and titration studies.
Thanks for the share Okie bipap. Did your doctor explain what made it come back? Was it gain in one's weight? Or something else?

Sent from hell

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Except for fiction brought up by newbees. Jim Please let this die, or invite another chapter ti this saga.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:30 pm

It's basically age related. As you get older, you lose muscle tone and muscles sag more. I will be 74 next week.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Just a reminder; medicine is called "practice" for a reason.

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:34 am

Enchanter,

As I told you via PM, I am very happy for you and wish you nothing but continued success. You finally have some great doctors.

To this forum - Again, there is no argument that pap therapy should be the first option for any treatment. But when it clearly hasn't worked as was obvious in the case of Enchanter, people need to move on and come up with the best option possible in their situation. It sounds like he did and why people want to continue to be the voice of negativity is beyond me.

49er

kteague

Post by kteague » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:13 am

It would be my hope that these procedures will make enough difference to gain some recovery and clarity of mind which will enable you to approach any future issues with more knowledge and awareness than when you got in this condition. Enjoy things now and worry about the future when it gets here.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:49 am

Dang! You people! Here I have been busy the past few days, and have not been on this site. And what happens?? Enchanter jumps back in and the here comes the mud slingin'! Will somebody yell "Cat Fight" before the confrontation?

Sheriff