leak

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yawningjoe56

leak

Post by yawningjoe56 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:26 pm

hi everyone i have been on cpap for eleven days now, i have the amara mask , resmed s9 elite machine when i woke up this morning my leak was 32, and yet when i checked the machine said fit was fine am i worrying to much about tec stuff felt great this morning there was no leak from mask is the machine wrong or am i doing something wrong, im getting so overwelmed by everything can anyone help thank you.

Pugsy

Re: leak

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 17, 2016 4:31 pm

You will need to use the software to see exactly how long you might have been in large leak territory.
Mr Frowny face doesn't show up on the machine until you spend 30% or more of the night in large leak territory (which is 24 L/min on the ResMed machines). Less than 30% and you get Mr Smiley for mask fit.

While 32L/min might seem a bit scarey...for all we know you only spent 5 minutes there and that's not enough to worry about. So how long you spent there is something that needs to be evaluated and not just the fact that you went there.

If you are getting that 32 L/min number off the machine's LCD screen then that's a 95% number which means you were AT OR BELOW that leak number for 95% of the night. People tend to forget the "or below" part of the definition.
Problem with just this 95% number is we don't know how much time might have been spent between 24 L/min and 32 L/min...and that potentially could be a problem. Really need to learn to evaluate the leak graphs themselves when seeing potentially high 95% numbers to see if there is a huge problem or not with prolonged big leak.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

yawningjoe56

Post by yawningjoe56 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:45 pm

i am not sure how to operate the software but thank nyou for youre reply.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue May 17, 2016 4:54 pm

yawningjoe56 wrote:i am not sure how to operate the software but thank nyou for youre reply.
No time like the present to learn. The sooner you take control of your therapy, the better off you'll be.
The links to "Sleepyhead" software are all over the forum. You can go to the Search line (above) to find it, too.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 17, 2016 4:56 pm

The software can seem overwhelming at first and there's no urgent need to learn it all today.
If the machine gave you Mr Smiley this morning...then for at least 70% of the night leaks were below large leak territory.
You are very new to this therapy....give yourself some time to slowly comes to terms with all this "stuff" if that works best for you.
Last night was just one night...heck, even if the leak number was much higher...it's just one night and not the end of the world anyway.

I have had some really bad looking 95% leak numbers (had a 37 once) but when I looked at the software reports I think there was really only 30 minutes where the leaks were wildly bad. I still had Mr Smiley on the screen too.
30 minutes out of 7 hours isn't the end of the world.

With time and experience (and education) you can learn to understand all this terminology but if it is overwhelming right now....just take your time and take small steps if you have to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

kempo

Post by kempo » Tue May 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Pugsy does this software work with Apple computers?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 17, 2016 6:14 pm

kempo wrote:Pugsy does this software work with Apple computers?
ResScan is Windows only (as is Encore for Respironics machines) but we normally suggest people try SleepyHead as it is more user friendly and works with multiple brands of machines.

I think SleepyHead depends on which/what your OS is in the Apple computer.
I know it works with Macs. Check to see if the OS in your computer is listed.
https://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/

I have an iPad as well as Windows computer. I have never tried it with my iPad because there is no SD card slot. While I might figure out a work around to see if I could pull the SD card data from an upload to the cloud...never has been that big of an issue for me to see if it would work on the iPad because I have a PC. Just more work than I was inclined to do.

Now if your computer won't work at all with SH and you don't have access to a computer that is compatible....if you could get the SD card contents uploaded to some place where one of us could snag it (like dropbox online storage) you might find someone here willing and able to do a little extra work and run it on their SleepyHead software.

plainhat

Post by plainhat » Tue May 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Pugsy wrote:
I just installed sleepyhead on my Mac last night so I've recently read up on the requirements. It said that it would run on all but the very old OSX versions so you should be OK if you have updated in the last 2 years or so.

kempo

Post by kempo » Tue May 17, 2016 6:51 pm

plainhat wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
I just installed sleepyhead on my Mac last night so I've recently read up on the requirements. It said that it would run on all but the very old OSX versions so you should be OK if you have updated in the last 2 years or so.

How can I get it?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 17, 2016 6:57 pm

kempo wrote:How can I get it?
Is the link I just posted not working for you?

kempo

Post by kempo » Tue May 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Pugsy wrote:
kempo wrote:How can I get it?
Is the link I just posted not working for you?

Thanks Pugsy!

vader06

Post by vader06 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:39 am

I have the Amara view and I have leak issues after I first put it on. It takes a little bit of adjustment for me and I am fine for the rest of the night. I am only 5 days into my therapy and I am not giving up. This is just the beginning and I am already starting to feel a little improvement.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Pugsy wrote:
kempo wrote:Pugsy does this software work with Apple computers?
I have an iPad as well as Windows computer. I have never tried it with my iPad because there is no SD card slot. While I might figure out a work around to see if I could pull the SD card data from an upload to the cloud...never has been that big of an issue for me to see if it would work on the iPad because I have a PC.
It is very unlikely that it would work on an iPad because of the different operating system and the requirement that it be accepted in the Apple Store.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.