OT-AN OPEN LETTER TO PUGSY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jnk...

Re: OT-AN OPEN LETTER TO PUGSY

Post by jnk... » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:18 am

Sludge wrote:
jnk... wrote:But people such as -SWS, Rested Gal, and ozij, just to name a few, make a lasting difference, I think, here or not.
I feel so left out!

Then again, maybe not.

Hoping to see you Sunday.
That's funny, because I had listed you with the other three of the power-four in that sentence when I first typed it, but then I kept correcting which name to list you by until I gave up.

Once again you people are going to block my car into the garage and tie up traffic to the point that I may have to take the subway to my meeting that day. (But that's OK; I should be living up near Tuxedo Park with the snakes and bears by the end of this year.) Hope you have a beautiful day for it, man.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:07 am

I have fond thoughts of you daily. You always know the right thing to say, Pugsy. I hope you are having a great "retirement".
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 am

Wonderful letter, my heartfelt thoughts for the same for Pugsy.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:12 am

Thewino wrote:Pugsy,

I sure hope this note finds you well. Please know that I hold you in the highest regard for the assistance provided and all of your posted information which is invaluable. I am in awe at the amount of time you set aside to help people. I remember when I first found this website and and came to realize how super friendly and knowledgable you are.

When one is a puppy and new to this whole CPAP ordeal, a friendly helping hand is a ray of sunshine.

Please know that I have gratitude for your empathy and helping hand.

Very warmest regards,
TheWino

+++1
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:20 am

I know this thread will warm Pugsy's heart, if she ever sees it. I hope that she does so she knows how much she has done here and how much she is missed.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:38 am

Madalot wrote:I know this thread will warm Pugsy's heart, if she ever sees it. I hope that she does so she knows how much she has done here and how much she is missed.
I was told my post was e-mailed to her. So she should at least know of the thread's existence.

I think she knows she is missed. And I honestly have no idea how she was able to do so much for so many for so long. So I hope she doesn't return unless/until she is good and ready and has a workable game plan for it being joyful fun for her, and for it staying joyful fun for her.

Rescue volunteers HAVE to take breaks from disaster relief. No one can face trauma 24/7 and dig through rubble every day at one natural disaster site after another for years on end. Most eventually face the inevitable human limitations and have to protect/salvage their own health and well-being by moving on to other work after they have put their time in. It is just part of it.

We admire the heroes. But we prefer them not to run themselves into the ground. 'Live dog better than a dead lion,' and all that. And let's face it, in this kind of "lightly-moderated" (I still chuckle when I write those words) public forum, working under constant enemy fire is just part of it,too. And forums don't come with combat pay.
Last edited by jnk... on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:42 am

jnk... wrote:
Madalot wrote:I know this thread will warm Pugsy's heart, if she ever sees it. I hope that she does so she knows how much she has done here and how much she is missed.
I was told my post was e-mailed to her. So she should at least know of the thread's existence.

I think she knows she is missed. And I honestly have no idea how she was able to do so much for so many for so long. So I hope she doesn't return unless/until she is good and ready and has a workable game plan for it being joyful fun for her, and for it staying joyful fun for her.

Rescue volunteers HAVE to take breaks from disaster relief. No one can face trauma 24/7 and dig through rubble everyday at one natural disaster site after another for years on end. Most eventually face the inevitable human limitations and have to protect/salvage their own health and well-being by moving onto other work after they have put their time in. It is just part of it.

We admire the heroes. But we prefer them not to run themselves into the ground. 'Live dog better than a dead lion,' and all that. And let's face it, in this kind of "lightly-moderated" (I still chuckle when I write those words) public forum, working under constant enemy fire is just part of it. And forums just don't come with combat pay.
Wise words, as always.

cathyf

Post by cathyf » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Madalot wrote:
jnk... wrote:

Rescue volunteers HAVE to take breaks from disaster relief. No one can face trauma 24/7 and dig through rubble everyday at one natural disaster site after another for years on end. Most eventually face the inevitable human limitations and have to protect/salvage their own health and well-being by moving onto other work after they have put their time in. It is just part of it.

We admire the heroes. But we prefer them not to run themselves into the ground. 'Live dog better than a dead lion,' and all that. And let's face it, in this kind of "lightly-moderated" (I still chuckle when I write those words) public forum, working under constant enemy fire is just part of it. And forums just don't come with combat pay.
Wise words, as always.
What everyone else has said. Thank you, pugsy, for everything you have done for me personally and for the countless other forum members who you have helped.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:14 pm

jnk... wrote:
Sludge wrote:
jnk... wrote:But people such as -SWS, Rested Gal, and ozij, just to name a few, make a lasting difference, I think, here or not.
I feel so left out!

Then again, maybe not.

Hoping to see you Sunday.
That's funny, because I had listed you with the other three of the power-four in that sentence when I first typed it, but then I kept correcting which name to list you by until I gave up.
how about Dave..Morbius ... or Dabius? those that know would get

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

aben

Post by aben » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Very well said, needs no additions.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:39 am

jnk... wrote:Once again you people are going to block my car into the garage and tie up traffic to the point that I may have to take the subway to my meeting that day.
So the bottom line is, Jeff's Hospitality House is... well, not.

Guess I'll have to fill up at the Con Ed Rest Stop.

Raisins and bananas.

My favorite.
jnk... wrote:Hope you have a beautiful day for it, man.
Looks like rain towards the end, high of 48 degrees.

I'll bet you could sell 25 cent ponchos off the end of your driveway for 10 bucks apiece.

Let's see, $9.75 profit times 30,000 ponchos...
You Kids Have Fun!!

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:24 am

Sludge wrote: . . . Jeff's Hospitality House. . .
Oh. I thought you were inviting me to ride along. The police have now said they'll let me turn the wrong way down a one way street to get my car out of the parking garage Sunday. But I'd be on my own finding a way out to Flatbush after that. Sounds complicated.

So then, how many slices would you like me to have waiting for you in front of Front Street Pizza and at what time, sir?

You'd never catch Carbonman in one of those plastic ponchos I bet. Isn't it supposed to be all about being at one with the elements?
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:36 am

jnk... wrote:You'd never catch Carbonman in one of those plastic ponchos I bet.
Isn't it supposed to be all about being at one with the elements?
There is no bad weather, just improper gear.
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:11 am

jnk... wrote:... at what time...?
Maybe about Noon-1:00, but it's like who knows. I'll keep an eye out tho.

If you're buying, a water bottle refill will be fine for me.
You Kids Have Fun!!

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:15 am

Great letter! I, too, have been thinking about Pugsy and how much she is missed, and how much wonderful assistance she gave to so many here -- myself included.

Pugsy, if you see this, thank you!!!!