Apnea's and Pacemaker

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
andycole

Apnea's and Pacemaker

Post by andycole » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:36 am

Still no response from sleep doctors on this subject. On March 8th, I received a pacemaker and am seeing a significant spike in the number of hypo's and UA's. Is it possible that the pacer pulses are the cause? Could SH be misinterpreted them? My AHI has gone from <1 to >1 since the implant. AHI is still below the sleep study result so ASV appears to be doing it's job.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Apnea's and Pacemaker

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:49 am

Your system may still be getting used to the pacemaker.
You may still be recovering from the surgery, maybe some drugs remain in your system.
How much over 1 are your AHI's? As long as your numbers are under 3, probably nothing to worry about.
And you should probably expect it to settle down in a couple of weeks or so.

andycole

Post by andycole » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:56 am

While SH summarized last night AHI as 2.75, I had periods where it was 20.0.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:32 am

andycole wrote:Still no response from sleep doctors on this subject. On March 8th, I received a pacemaker and am seeing a significant spike in the number of hypo's and UA's. Is it possible that the pacer pulses are the cause? Could SH be misinterpreted them? My AHI has gone from <1 to >1 since the implant. AHI is still below the sleep study result so ASV appears to be doing it's job.

<1 to >1 is an Insignificant change...I would continue to pursue this with your doctor if you continue to get SIGNIFICANT increases.

n0hardmask

Post by n0hardmask » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. I got a PM/Defibrillator in December, and the biggest deal with the PM has been the lump near my left collar bone that makes sleeping on my left side quite uncomfortable. So, I've had to flop around ad try to be comfortable otherwise. I've slept more on my back, which i never used to. Best of luck to you in learning to deal with the challenges.

Don't know what I did to hide the Equipment?! new SleepWeaver Anew-NOT hard!, Quattro ffm, S9 VPAP ADAPT. Sobakawa bead pillow
Sleepyhead, Rescan4; ZEO Bedside -not used
Serenity
Newbies:Log in; then please input your equipment 2 your profile.

andycole

Post by andycole » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks nOhardmask. Fortunately I sleep on my right side or stomach.
LSAT - the >1 was actually as high as 25.0. Many periods of H and UA had AHI ranging from 5.0 to 25.0 - bunch at 20.0. This is all since the surgery on 3/8. And this only happens when I am definitely asleep, not while watching TV or approx 1st hour of therapy.

andycole

Post by andycole » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:49 am

Here is example of what I am concerned about. See right side of image beginning around 12:15 ending about 2:30. I have moved the AHI under events to demonstrate the correlation. Are pacemaker pulses being read as apnea's causing the high AHI scores?.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:55 pm

andycole wrote: Are pacemaker pulses being read as apnea's causing the high AHI scores?.
not unless they cause you to stop breathing.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

andycole

Post by andycole » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:11 am

palerider - is it possible the reverse is true - apnea event causes pacemaker to pulse

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:32 pm

andycole wrote:palerider - is it possible the reverse is true - apnea event causes pacemaker to pulse
even if I had a time corrected comparison chart between pacemaker activity and breathing activity, I don't think I'd want to hazard a guess on something like this.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:09 pm

andycole wrote:palerider - is it possible the reverse is true - apnea event causes pacemaker to pulse
If your heart is affected an event would think so but it depends on the kind of pace maker.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal