Humidifier that works with Respironics Trilogy Ventilator?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Matt00926

Re: Humidifier that works with Respironics Trilogy Ventilator?

Post by Matt00926 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:00 pm

Madalot wrote:
Matt00926 wrote:I did some reading - it seems that the extra bacterial filters between the hose/humidifier is what can cause a drop in air flow/pressure. I will try removing that to see if the peak flow rate goes back to normal.
Be careful doing that. When I first got the Trilogy, nobody told me that filter was supposed to be changed monthly. When they finally saw it months later, it was BLACK. And I mean black. Made me ill to think air I was breathing was coming through that.
The only filter I've been made aware of is the little grey sponge one that goes into the back of the Trilogy Ventilator itself. My Respiratory Therapist has never mentioned any other type of filter.

Do you notice a difference in air flow with and without the filter between the hose and humidifier? My peak flow goes from like ~30 to ~18 with it attached.
Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus FFM

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Matt00926 wrote:
Madalot wrote:
Matt00926 wrote:I did some reading - it seems that the extra bacterial filters between the hose/humidifier is what can cause a drop in air flow/pressure. I will try removing that to see if the peak flow rate goes back to normal.
Be careful doing that. When I first got the Trilogy, nobody told me that filter was supposed to be changed monthly. When they finally saw it months later, it was BLACK. And I mean black. Made me ill to think air I was breathing was coming through that.
The only filter I've been made aware of is the little grey sponge one that goes into the back of the Trilogy Ventilator itself. My Respiratory Therapist has never mentioned any other type of filter.

Do you notice a difference in air flow with and without the filter between the hose and humidifier? My peak flow goes from like ~30 to ~18 with it attached.
I've never paid attention. The grey filter on the back is one thing. The antibacterial is a larger filter, connected between the Trilogy & the hose that goes to the humidifier (or mask before I had humidifier). After a month or so, it turns a little gray. After 6-9 months, black as coal.

I change mine once a month....

Matt00926

Post by Matt00926 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Madalot wrote:
Matt00926 wrote:
Madalot wrote:

I've never paid attention. The grey filter on the back is one thing. The antibacterial is a larger filter, connected between the Trilogy & the hose that goes to the humidifier (or mask before I had humidifier). After a month or so, it turns a little gray. After 6-9 months, black as coal.

I change mine once a month....
Ah, I think I installed the filter between the hose that goes from the humidifier straight to the mask (not the short hose that goes from the machine to the humidifier). Maybe that's my issue. The installation was kind of confusing I was just kind of doing plug and play.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Madalot wrote:Be careful doing that. When I first got the Trilogy, nobody told me that filter was supposed to be changed monthly. When they finally saw it months later, it was BLACK. And I mean black. Made me ill to think air I was breathing was coming through that.
or, you could look at it and say "thankfully, none of that made it into my lungs!!!"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:16 pm

palerider wrote:none of that made it into my lungs
The other 16 hours?

Matt00926

Post by Matt00926 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:17 pm

lol so i put the bacterial filter on the hose connected directly between the machine and the humidifier. airflow is back to full strength! how stupid i am.

Matt00926

Post by Matt00926 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:29 pm

doh more airflow problems, according to CPAP reviews for the filters others notice the drop in airflow with the filter installed as well...

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Matt00926 wrote:doh more airflow problems, according to CPAP reviews for the filters others notice the drop in airflow with the filter installed as well...
resmed bilevel machines have a setting to compensate for the AB filters. perhaps dig through the trilogy settings and look for something similar?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

erikalee64@gmail.com

Disposable water reservoirs that can't be cleaned

Post by erikalee64@gmail.com » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:05 am

I've seen a few comments that they are disposable.....Does anyone have a link to the water reservoirs that you can take apart and clean? Thanks!