New CPAPer, feeling discouraged, leaking like a flat tire

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OkyDoky

Re: New CPAPer, feeling discouraged, leaking like a flat tire

Post by OkyDoky » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:23 pm

DeeCPAP wrote:Thanks again. Would you happen to know if they take Medicare? Or do you pay them first, then submit the bill to Medicare?
Medicare and insurance often have contracted providers and many times do not cover online DME's. Medicare also has a specific refill schedule for each cpap item that they pay on. You can talk with Cpap.com and see what they say. Many of us have had to buy one or more masks on our own. That's why the return insurance is helpful so you won't be stuck with a mask you can't use.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

DeeCPAP

Post by DeeCPAP » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Cardsfan wrote:Dee-I used my cell phone, took a pic of my prescription. then I emailed it to cpap.com Only took a minute.
Thank you!!

Additional Comments: My headgear varies (STILL!)
Resmed S9 with humidifier and in need of the right mask.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:28 am

Oh what a relief. The first full night of sleep since i started using the cpap. I did order the remzzzs product but read on here about making your own with an old t-shirt. AND IT WORKED.

vapatient

Post by vapatient » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:19 am

I pull the mask down so it just fits on the edge of being under my chin. This helps keep my mouth closed, which helps to retain a consistent fit. I pull the straps snug but not tight.

COWBOY1296

Post by COWBOY1296 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Not sure why when I posted yesterday with a brand new profile, I could only post as a guest. Here is a new attempt. But after researching I see that some users use a product called remzzzs. I have a sample pack ordered. I also see that one user made his own out of old t-shirts. In desperation I made my own last night and it was the first full night sleep that I have gotten in the last month. Below is what I posted yesterday as a guest.

What a stinking nightmare. Everything that Irish Patrick has said I echo. Initially my script was set at 14 and the machine was blowing the mask off of my face all night long. But then the tech decides that I need to be I increased to 20 with a different mask. It’s a good thing these have straps or the mask would have bounced off of my ceiling. I subscribe to MyAir and the machine is lying its butt off to that website. Repeatedly it records that I have a 20/20 mask seal which is a complete lie. I know that I need this but what’s better 7 hrs of sleep a night with apnea or 4 hours of frustration. I have already informed my supplier that I may be returning their equipment.

FYI hopefully it was not a waste of money but I have a strap coming from pad-a-cheek. Do those night guard things work?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:54 pm

If you still want to make your own liners, here is a link to the pattern I used for mine. http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/diy-cotton-mask-liner.pdf
The line is the same size as the commercial small size. When you get your liners, you can use one of them as a pattern to make your own. The ones I have made fro old tee shirts are washable. I throw them in a small mesh bag and put them in with the regular laundry. After running them through the dryer, I take them out of the bag and lay them out on a towel to finish drying.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

COWBOY1296

Post by COWBOY1296 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:23 am

thanks. I have a sample coming from remzzz's and i bought the pad a cheek liner. I want to give them all a try. This past month has been a nightmare. Last night was ok but not as good as the night before. The home made piece ended up sliding within the mask and i had to fix it about 3am.

COWBOY1296

Post by COWBOY1296 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:21 am

I received my Pad A Cheek liner/sealer yesterday and used it for the first time last night. I do need to do some trimming on it but it was pretty close to perfect the first night. I have come a long ways from being convinced that i was going to send my cpap back.