What is the Data Trail of CPAP Data?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: What is the Data Trail of CPAP Data?

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:27 pm

Julie wrote:Black Spinner's last line - "Do you really think... " seemed too confrontational and bordering on sarcastic.
eh, I don't see it that way, sorry...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:32 pm

jarhtmd wrote:However, it does matter how the mail gets to Grandma. Because that was my question. It may not be important to anybody else, but it (the data trail . . . not the mail), but it is important to me. The "situation" that prompted me to ask the question is irrelevant to my question.
In my day job, I'm very often asked a question "how does xxxx" or "how do I do yyyy", and I find, very frequently, that what I'm asked is not what the person really wants to know. or that the exact answer to their exact question would result in some kind of terrible rube goldberg type thing being perpetuated, when there is often a much much simpler and effective way to do things.

their question is formed by their incomplete knowledge, and so they're... if I continue to use your analogy, asking about what route the postman takes because they've head something about a mudslide and are worried that their letter will even get to grandma, but what they don't realize is that Grandma, out in the woods there, now has satellite internet, and they could just send her a freakin EMAIL and get an answer in a few minutes...

so, what is it that you really want to know, exactly, and why. tell us that and you'll get a MUCH BETTER answer.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:36 pm

And the route doesn't matter so much as the fact that the mail carrier is on a bicycle and stops at every pub and has been known to lose a bag or two or maybe it is being delivered by a drone that one of the neighbours likes to take pot shots at.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:39 am

jarhtmd wrote:I was rude to Blackspinner and I apologize, specifically to Blackspinner and generally to everyone else.

However, it does matter how the mail gets to Grandma. Because that was my question. It may not be important to anybody else, but it (the data trail . . . not the mail), but it is important to me. The "situation" that prompted me to ask the question is irrelevant to my question.

Again, I apologize for being rude.

The problem is that it really varies. A lot of the time, the DME is only looking at compliance, and once you pass, not look at all. They probably don't send anything to the doctor unless the doctor asks for it. And the doctor may or may not look at detailed data. Many don't know how, don't care, or simply don't want to. They think compliance is enough.

People have been told by the DME that the data would be sent to the doctor, only to get to an appointment, and the doctor never received it. Unfortunately, with cpap treatment, it is best for each person to be their own advocate. If you want to see the doctor, print your own reports from the free software and take the data card with you in case they want to download it.

But really, all you need to do is download the free software, upload the data, and make your own changes via the clinician mode. It may seem like a lot to learn, but it's not that bad, and you are always welcome to post reports on this forum so that people can look them over and give you advice. It sounds like you have been watching the information on the screen, so you know your ahi and leaks with the pressures of 8 and 11. Try 9 and see how the numbers go, and see how you feel. It may take some tweaking with the pressure as well as the humidity to find the sweet spot for you.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:01 pm

I think of the question more of a chain of custody thing; (who has to handle it in sequence)
and that the "mail" is believed to be a comprehensive missive of great importance, when,
in reality, the "mail" is just a postcard, listing mileage and very little else.
If you want the "real deal", i.e., the spreadsheet, detailed data, you need to use the software.
The insurance only needs a tweet, but if you need the book, hand delivery is the only way.

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:02 pm

jarhtmd wrote:I know, by reviewing, my spreadsheet of AHI, pressures, mask or leaks (& how I feel) that my AHI dropped drastically when my pressure was increased (by DME at doctor's orders) from 8 to 11. That increase was the result of a dr appt that I insisted upon 6 months early, because my AHI's had been very high (& all over the ballpark) and my leaks had been virtually zero.

It has only been 2 weeks, but I'm miserable & really want to drop back to 9 to see how that works. My doctor told me specifically, in answer to my direct question, that I could only change the setting for humidity & ramp time.

How do I change the pressure? Do I have to get the doctor to remove restrictions?

Last night I turned off CPAP after 3 hours because of the discomfort . . . dry mouth, etc.
Sounds like you needed the pressure increase since your leaks were low but your AHI was high. Dry mouth is usually a sign of mouth breathing which defeats the therapy. Higher pressures make to more likely to mouth breath.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:57 pm

If you learn to accept the help from the experts on this forum your therapy is more likely to be successful. Before you can get meaningful help you will need to remove the water chamber turn the machine over and read the model number, something like 560P, and fill in your profile in the control center, including your mask.

Without knowing your equipment we can't even answer your original question, because different equipment has different mechanisms.