The best way to drive a weed up insurance's ass with CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: The best way to drive a weed up insurance's ass with CPAP

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:57 pm

I know people who have bought a concentrator and also an oxygen tank.
Anything is for sale if you look for it.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:14 am

I tried to find a used one for sale but it makes it hard to find one when hardly anyone ever owns one.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:18 am

Stormynights wrote:I tried to find a used one for sale but it makes it hard to find one when hardly anyone ever owns one.
there's 34 of 'em listed on the dallas craigslist at the moment.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:37 am

I haven't checked in a while and I never checked anywhere but Tulsa anyway. It is nice to know that they can be found on sale now. As long as my insurance pays for mine I am alright even though I prefer to own.

cancun

Post by cancun » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:12 am

palerider wrote:
Stormynights wrote:I tried to find a used one for sale but it makes it hard to find one when hardly anyone ever owns one.
there's 34 of 'em listed on the dallas craigslist at the moment.
For some reason I am surprised you have not figured out how to make your own!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:21 am

cancun wrote:For some reason I am surprised you have not figured out how to make your own!
I know the theory, compressor, nitrogen absorber, air valves, control circuit to switch between the two nitrogen absorber tanks...

getting the raw materials in small enough quantities at affordable prices would be a challenge.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cancun

Post by cancun » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:15 am

palerider wrote:
cancun wrote:For some reason I am surprised you have not figured out how to make your own!
I know the theory, compressor, nitrogen absorber, air valves, control circuit to switch between the two nitrogen absorber tanks...

getting the raw materials in small enough quantities at affordable prices would be a challenge.
+1

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:19 am

cancun wrote:
palerider wrote:

+1
it amuses me slightly that they're named for something they don't do.
they don't concentrate oxygen, they filter out nitrogen, and give you everything left over.

cancun

Post by cancun » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:28 am

palerider wrote:
cancun wrote:
palerider wrote:

+1
it amuses me slightly that they're named for something they don't do.
they don't concentrate oxygen, they filter out nitrogen, and give you everything left over.
I think a lot of things are named incorrectly. The fact that you can get oxygen from something plugged into the wall has always confused me, how could that be better to breathe but I am sure there is a reason. Worked for me while I needed it and thank God I don't need it anymore or at least for the time being. I imagine it will be in my future.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:31 am

cancun wrote:he fact that you can get oxygen from something plugged into the wall has always confused me, how could that be better to breathe but I am sure there is a reason.
I could go into an overview, if you like...

cancun

Post by cancun » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:38 am

palerider wrote:
cancun wrote:he fact that you can get oxygen from something plugged into the wall has always confused me, how could that be better to breathe but I am sure there is a reason.
You would just be wasting your expertise! I still wouldn't get it! Thanks for the offer though!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:08 am

cancun wrote:
palerider wrote:
You would just be wasting your expertise! I still wouldn't get it! Thanks for the offer though!
*lol* well, anyway, for anybody else interested, typical air contains about 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen,[1] 0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases.

oxygen concentrators have a mineral in them that absorbs most of the nitrogen, so instead of getting 20% oxygen and 78% nitrogen, you get nearly 0% nitrogen, leaving oxygen and those other gases to breath.

cool stuff, eh?

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:29 am

My insurer bought me my oxygen concentrator outright. I paid $61 for it.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:44 am

When my mother was in the nursing home there was a room with concentrators stacked nearly to the ceiling. I contacted them and asked about buying one. They lied and said that I never saw that and that they were not allowed to sell anything belonging to a patient. I was only trying to buy something that was going to a landfill. At this time owning one is not a priority to me. I was told that they were rented so they could come out and make sure they were working properly. Mine is working properly even though no one has checked it in over a year. I can tell that it works without having someone check it for me. I can't change companies. I wish I could but that isn't possible.

flightco

Post by flightco » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:57 am

palerider wrote:
cancun wrote:
palerider wrote:
*lol* well, anyway, for anybody else interested, typical air contains about 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen,[1] 0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases.

oxygen concentrators have a mineral in them that absorbs most of the nitrogen, so instead of getting 20% oxygen and 78% nitrogen, you get nearly 0% nitrogen, leaving oxygen and those other gases to breath.

cool stuff, eh?
What is the purpose of an O2 concentrator? What are the indications you would need one? I am just curious, don't think I need one, yet.