Urgent help before appointment in the morning please!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
johnrrr

Re: Urgent help before appointment in the morning please!

Post by johnrrr » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:16 pm

cathyf wrote:
johnrrr wrote:but for some reason on some days it merges two days into one and leaves on day blank. I have no idea why. I have searched to try to find an answer but so far come up with nothing. This is the Mac version and I'm not sure if it's as advanced as the Windows version? I could try it on my fiancee's windows machine.
Are you sure that your cpap's clock is set to the right time? My timestamps were really weird, and I realized that it was because my clock had drifted by over an hour. If your clock is set to some US time zone, it might put you in the previous day if you go to bed too early.
Ah odd ... and slightly embarrassing The time WAS right...the last time I checked it... but I've just checked it and it was wrong. I did unplug it for several hours to go on a trip a couple of weeks ago, but I presumed it kept the time. I've just set it correctly, then unplugged it for 15 seconds or so, and it was right when I turned it on...? So either it keeps it for a short time, or should keep it permanently but the battery is faulty? Or maybe some other reason? Anyway... hopefully it will be right tonight... and I'll see what tomorrow's new machine brings! Thanks!

ps. I can't find any way to see the time zone, even in the full clinical menu?

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Aha correction! That was the alarm! The time WAS (and IS) set correctly! Phew...

But I still don't know about timezone settings? But it's 00:12 here now in Spain and my machine says 00:12 (and is set to 24 hour)

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:36 pm

johnrrr wrote:Aha correction! That was the alarm! The time WAS (and IS) set correctly! Phew...

But I still don't know about timezone settings? But it's 00:12 here now in Spain and my machine says 00:12 (and is set to 24 hour)
there's no point in setting timezone AND time. machines that you can set the time on just allow that.

the newest respironics machines STILL can't set the time, but can set the timezone to provide an offset from the factory set time....

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:25 am

palerider wrote:
johnrrr wrote:Aha correction! That was the alarm! The time WAS (and IS) set correctly! Phew...

there's no point in setting timezone AND time. machines that you can set the time on just allow that.

the newest respironics machines STILL can't set the time, but can set the timezone to provide an offset from the factory set time....
Thanks Palerider. I wasn't sure of the point of the timezone if the time was set but ...

I've just imported last night's data. It's Thursday morning here (11th), but SH has imported the data into the 9th (Tuesday). Thankfully, because I didn't use it the night before, and because something is obviously wrong, the 9th had no data in it so I have a clear record of last night's sleep, it's just on the wrong day.

I can't find a date setting in the Icon menu. Does anyone know please?

ps. my AHI last night was 2.99 (max - what a difference over 30 the night before on the sleep test! But I'm concerned my pressure is fair too high. I upped to min to 9 and the max to 20 last night (from 8 to 18).

Pressure Med 15, 95% 19, Max 20
Leaks Med 0, 95% 24, Max 44.
Total Leaks Med 51, 95% 87, Max 108.
Flow Limit 0.90

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:01 am

I had my appointment today and got my new machine...

I've been given a Respironics Dorma 100 which seems to be a foreign-branded version of the System One REMstar SE ?

http://www.tutratamiento.com/home/produ ... a-100.html

The mask is a Respireo Primo P nasal pillow (http://www.eu-pap.co.uk/resipreo-primo- ... -mask.html)

It's a CPAP machine, not APAP. It has been supplied without a humidifier

Although eventually he gave me an F&P chamber with two connections (in and out) that he says I could put into my Icon Auto to heat it up?! It means running two machine though and I'm not sure if I'd have to set the Icon blowing to make it heat up? Either way, it's not ideal.

He was insistent on the 7 pressure. He said he used one set to 12 and that he was much larger than me and that's what mattered...

He said the continuos 7 was better than the APAP because that tried to reactively responded to events, and it caused it to build up to a high pressure...

I'm not totally sure, but I think he was a technician rather than a doctor. I saw the doctor yesterday and she set the recommendation which he is insisting I try.

He does understand though that if it doesn't work, I'll go back to using my Icon and said to take them both in when I go back in 6 weeks for the checkup if I do.

No manual was supplied for the machine. If anyone can send it me that would be great.

Thank you

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:27 am

He was insistent on the 7 pressure. He said he used one set to 12 and that he was much larger than me and that's what mattered...

He said the continuos 7 was better than the APAP because that tried to reactively responded to events, and it caused it to build up to a high pressure...

I'm not totally sure, but I think he was a technician rather than a doctor. I saw the doctor yesterday and she set the recommendation which he is insisting I try.

He does understand though that if it doesn't work, I'll go back to using my Icon and said to take them both in when I go back in 6 weeks for the checkup if I do.
He needs to go back to school. Pressure requirements have nothing to do with weight or size.
He is wrong about how an apap works.
He does have to obey the doctor in his setting of the pressure.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:43 am

BlackSpinner wrote:

He needs to go back to school. Pressure requirements have nothing to do with weight or size.
He is wrong about how an apap works.
He does have to obey the doctor in his setting of the pressure.
Thanks. To be honest, from my limited knowledge (only from the last few months), I thought as much

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:18 pm

johnrrr wrote:I had my appointment today and got my new machine...

I've been given a Respironics Dorma 100 which seems to be a foreign-branded version of the System One REMstar SE ?

http://www.tutratamiento.com/home/produ ... a-100.html

The mask is a Respireo Primo P nasal pillow (http://www.eu-pap.co.uk/resipreo-primo- ... -mask.html)

It's a CPAP machine, not APAP. It has been supplied without a humidifier

Although eventually he gave me an F&P chamber with two connections (in and out) that he says I could put into my Icon Auto to heat it up?! It means running two machine though and I'm not sure if I'd have to set the Icon blowing to make it heat up? Either way, it's not ideal.

No manual was supplied for the machine. If anyone can send it me that would be great.

Thank you
If the PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube would work with the machine you were given, I have one I would sell for $100 plus shipping. I bought the humidifier from someone on here in Dec, but then added the upgrade kit so I could use the heated hose. Let me know if you have any interest. I just got a great deal on another machine, only reason I don't need it.

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Michelle-OH wrote:If the PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube would work with the machine you were given, I have one I would sell for $100 plus shipping. I bought the humidifier from someone on here in Dec, but then added the upgrade kit so I could use the heated hose. Let me know if you have any interest. I just got a great deal on another machine, only reason I don't need it.
Thanks Michelle but I'm in Spain and may be able to find one here if I need it (although they will give me one in 6 weeks if I am still using this machine).

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:58 pm

johnrrr wrote:
Michelle-OH wrote:If the PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube would work with the machine you were given, I have one I would sell for $100 plus shipping. I bought the humidifier from someone on here in Dec, but then added the upgrade kit so I could use the heated hose. Let me know if you have any interest. I just got a great deal on another machine, only reason I don't need it.
Thanks Michelle but I'm in Spain and may be able to find one here if I need it (although they will give me one in 6 weeks if I am still using this machine).
Great!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:45 pm

johnrrr wrote:I've been given a Respironics Dorma 100 which seems to be a foreign-branded version of the System One REMstar SE ?
it's a no-data brick, the only thing it's good for is holding down your papers so the breeze doesn't blow them away... or possibly, if you're one of those people that likes washing cpap hoses, drying out the inside of the hose.
johnrrr wrote:He was insistent on the 7 pressure. He said he used one set to 12 and that he was much larger than me and that's what mattered...

well, that's stupid. a person's size has nothing to do with the pressure they need.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:56 pm

palerider wrote:
johnrrr wrote:I've been given a Respironics Dorma 100 which seems to be a foreign-branded version of the System One REMstar SE ?
it's a no-data brick, the only thing it's good for is holding down your papers so the breeze doesn't blow them away... or possibly, if you're one of those people that likes washing cpap hoses, drying out the inside of the hose.

yes, that's what I've found out today (presuming the Dorma 100 is the System One REMstar SE - do you know for sure it is? I think it is).

there is an sd-card slot at the back and I've put a card in, so I'll use it tonight at the set pressure and try it in SH tomorrow just to see but if it has no data then I'll go back to my Icon Auto.
johnrrr wrote:He was insistent on the 7 pressure. He said he used one set to 12 and that he was much larger than me and that's what mattered...

well, that's stupid. a person's size has nothing to do with the pressure they need.
Yes, that's what I thought too. Not very promising is it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:59 pm

johnrrr wrote:yes, that's what I've found out today (presuming the Dorma 100 is the System One REMstar SE - do you know for sure it is? I think it is).

there is an sd-card slot at the back and I've put a card in, so I'll use it tonight at the set pressure and try it in SH tomorrow just to see but if it has no data then I'll go back to my Icon Auto.
I wouldn't even use it for one night, especially if the pressure is way off from what you're used to.

if you want to prove to yourself that it's the cheapest lowest quality respironics made, then just turn it on for 10 or 15 minutes while you're awake, and then try and read the card with sleepyhead.

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:12 pm

palerider wrote:
johnrrr wrote:yes, that's what I've found out today (presuming the Dorma 100 is the System One REMstar SE - do you know for sure it is? I think it is).

I wouldn't even use it for one night, especially if the pressure is way off from what you're used to.

if you want to prove to yourself that it's the cheapest lowest quality respironics made, then just turn it on for 10 or 15 minutes while you're awake, and then try and read the card with sleepyhead.
Good idea. I'll do that now (it's 00:11 here so I should be in bed but ...)

Thanks

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:43 pm

IF you are getting it through a medical system and it doesn't cost you anything AND you can't get it replaced, then get the manual and set it to your real needed pressure ans put it away as a back up or vacation use.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal