Urgent help before appointment in the morning please!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
johnrrr

Re: Urgent help before appointment in the morning please!

Post by johnrrr » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:51 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:IF you are getting it through a medical system and it doesn't cost you anything AND you can't get it replaced, then get the manual and set it to your real needed pressure ans put it away as a back up or vacation use.
Yes it is a medical system, and it's costing nothing (directly - I pay taxes of course), but I suspect if I go back in 6 weeks with the card from my own machine, they'll probably ask for it back. But I'd rather that than have to use a machine that is worse than one I have. It would have been good for travel (in fact I have a trip soon I will take it on probably) but it obviously doesn't make sense to keep it if I have to use it in preference to a better machine.

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:32 pm

I set my F&P Icon Auto to CPAP mode and put the prescribed 7 in. My nasal mask and tube was full of water in the morning (never normally happens, it has a humidifier built-in).

The machine doesn't seem to have registered it properly though as it said last night the 95% pressure was 17 and the AHI was 4.3 but I woke a few times in the night and looked at the display and it was always on 7.

All I do know is I felt terrible this morning and fell asleep briefly earlier watching a film.

So I know (I already knew...) that 7 is too low but annoying the machine hasn't correctly recorded the data. Same when I imported into SH. It combined it with the night before.

No idea why it is doing this

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi - in case you aren't aware... most machines work on a noon-to-noon system, so if you want to see how you did last night, you must look at things prior to noon of today. If this makes sense in your case.

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Julie wrote:Hi - in case you aren't aware... most machines work on a noon-to-noon system, so if you want to see how you did last night, you must look at things prior to noon of today. If this makes sense in your case.
Yes, thanks Julie I do know that but even after noon the data was wrong. The only thing I can think of is the fact I took the card out to put it in SH before noon. Maybe doing that (which merged it with the previous night...) caused it to mess up? I don't know. Thanks.

johnrrr

Post by johnrrr » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Well... so much for the doctor's pressure. Two nights ago I used her recommended 7, I felt terrible and later in the day fell asleep briefly watching a film.

last night I upped it to 8... I've just woken up on the sofa (7pm) -after roughly 2.5 hours sleep - something I've not done since I got my APAP machine a month or so ago.