New Member Needing Help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OkyDoky

Re: New Member Needing Help

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:52 am

How are you sleeping and how are you doing with the increased pressure? It does look like you might need more minimum pressure from this screenshot but since hypopneas increased from the last screenshot after the pressure increase, I think I would give it a couple more days then if needed increase to 15 minimum. When you get into the higher pressure requirements you might find a bilevel machine to be more comfortable. But most doctors and DME's would probably consider your >5 AHI acceptable and not think you need one. You could always look for one here on the forum or on Craigslist or at http://www.secondwindcpap.com/ and buy on your own then use this machine as a backup. Just a thought but not necessary if you are comfortable with the pressure.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:52 am

I am tolerating the pressure fine it is just harder to control leaks as you get into the higher pressures. If the bipap is just to help you tolerate the pressure I'm just fine. I guess I am one of the lucky ones the pressure never bothered me from day one. I read about all the struggles some have with adjusting and am very thankful.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:11 pm

LAGrandpa wrote:Well here's what I got last night. If I'm reading this right it looks as if I need more pressure but it is just one night. What do you guys think.
if it were me, I'd bump the min to 15 and see if things settle down more.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.