New Member Needing Help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

New Member Needing Help

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi All

I am new to the Board and to SleepyHead software but I have been on CPAP for over 6 Years now. My sleep study back then had a REM AHI 0f 52.7/hr. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and received a prescription for a CPAP Machine set to 14 cmH20 in the mail. Have never seen a sleep doctor face to face so I have been on my own all this time. Had a bad experience with a DME and so I have been ordering my supplies on line. I did keep track of my AHI that showed on my machine and it stayed under 2 for the most part. About a week ago I noticed that my AHI had changed to 12 and sometimes 14 and I was beginning to feel tired during the day so I thought I should do something about it so I started to research for a new machine that had DATA capability. During my research I found the host for this board and in turn found this board. I purchased an AUTO machine and downloaded sleepyhead and proceeded to make some adjustments from what I learned on the board you guys are great and you probably have no idea how much help you give to people just lurking on the board. Well you have been a great help to me. Which brings me to my current problem. I have been able to get my AHI down to under 5 and I do feel much better during the day but I don't have any idea where to go from here. I would like to get rid of all the Hypopneas. If I am able to post it here is a screen shot of my report from last night could one of you please give me some suggestions on what might help.

Well I guess I need to do some more reading on how to include the link to the .png system will not let me post.

Thanks

grayghost4

Re: New Member Needing Help

Post by grayghost4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:06 pm

read through this page for info on posting a screen shot :

https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:09 pm

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:13 pm

wow you are fast ... 9 min to sigh up and learn to post a screen shot

You do not show a pressure graph ... that might help
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:26 pm

OK let try this again

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:29 pm

How do I get the system to display my machine info?

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:37 pm

These are hints of mine to make your screenshot most helpful.

On the left side turn off the calendar by clicking on the triangle by the date.
Also the pie chart doesn't give us very much info so you can turn it off by going to File - Preferences -Appearance - Uncheck Show event break down pie chart
That allows us to see the machine details on the left.

The graphs that are usually helpful are:
1. Event Flags
2. Flow Rate
3. Pressure (not mask pressure)
4. Leak
5. Flow Limit (only with Resmed machine)
Put your graph in that order by grabbing, by the labels, with your mouse and dragging it where you want it.
Now grab the line between the graphs and resize them until you get them in one screenshot.

Take a screen shot after you organize your graphs. You can push F11 ( or click file - view - fullscreen toggle) on your keyboard before you take your screenshot and it makes it full screen with no ID info.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Thanks for the tips OkyDoky. I have a n intellipap auto with smartflex it does not report Flow Rate or Flow Limit unfortunately but here is what I have

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:13 pm

Most of the night your pressures remained low then your hypopneas increased and the pressure jumped and looks like that sudden pressure increase woke you up. The increase in hypopneas could be from back sleeping or REM. Either way, to head them off usually a increase in your Minimum is needed. I would try a minimum of 14 and see if that decreases them.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:14 pm

LAGrandpa wrote:How do I get the system to display my machine info?
go into the user control panel, then profile, then edit signature.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:24 pm

I have been walking up the min pressure sense I got the machine and it has had an effect to lower the number of hypopneas so you may be right. I was just approaching the 95% number of 14 and wasn't sure if it was OK to keep going I will try the 14 and see what that does. Thanks for the advise.

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Thanks palerider I'll give it a try.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:22 pm

I also would suggest not sleeping on your back if you possibly can help it, and looking into a soft cervical collar that keeps your head up, your airway more open and your jaw closed a bit more.

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 am

Thanks for the suggestions Julie but I think I'll see what I can do with pressure changes first.

LAGrandpa

Post by LAGrandpa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 am

Well here's what I got last night. If I'm reading this right it looks as if I need more pressure but it is just one night. What do you guys think. I will give it a few more nights on this setting and see what happens.