miss Pugsy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lucyhere

Re: miss Pugsy

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:20 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
WearyOne wrote:Have no idea why anyone would have a problem with the original post. Really baffling.
I know and agree with you. Take a look back and see where it started.

Dear, dear Sonnyboy... have a read.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:23 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sheriff Buford wrote:This is exactly what ran the Pug off. All our days are numbered here. To wish she would hang around and listen to this garbage is very selfish. It is what it is.

Den, too.

Sheriff
+1
All the posts are from women arguing with each other. They can never say something in one post and then leave it alone.
(Boy...am I in trouble now)
Yes, you certainly are! You said this more than once.
Bleep/P10

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:26 pm

The best cure for trolls is to ignore them. They have hidden agendas which rely upon engagement with other forum members. If no one takes the bait, the troll fails. I do try to give suspected trolls a second or third chance. It is hard to judge someone on one instance.

I copied and pasted this from the first link. I do believe we have a few of those trolls posting on here with different user names. I am sure most of us know who they really are. Just because they choose to act childish is no reason for us to act childish too.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Stormynights wrote: (part)
I have read some say they are using tough love when telling someone off. I have had to use tough love at times and I am sure all mothers have had to do that. I never had to be abusive in my words to do that. You can lovingly say you are grounded or whatever without making them feel like running away. There is no excuse for being abusive to anyone that I can see.
+ a million

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:29 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sheriff Buford wrote:This is exactly what ran the Pug off. All our days are numbered here. To wish she would hang around and listen to this garbage is very selfish. It is what it is.

Den, too.

Sheriff
+1
All the posts are from women arguing with each other. They can never say something in one post and then leave it alone.
(Boy...am I in trouble now)
For that I am going to throw lightning bolts at your head.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:32 pm

WearyOne wrote:
Stormynights wrote: (part)
I have read some say they are using tough love when telling someone off. I have had to use tough love at times and I am sure all mothers have had to do that. I never had to be abusive in my words to do that. You can lovingly say you are grounded or whatever without making them feel like running away. There is no excuse for being abusive to anyone that I can see.
+ a million
+ a million and 1
Bleep/P10

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:52 pm

I don't even think there is a reason for tough love with a new poster. Yes, I used tough love with my kids at times...but then I'd known them for years New people come in with absolutely no knowledge of the use of cpap, at least I did, and many many people were helpful but some seem to think you must be a troll and try to make you prove that you are legitimate. Some people are run off just from their 1st post for that reason, from what I've seen. It's like you are found guilty until you prove yourself innocent, it should work the other way imo. Or if you are deemed 'sensitive' you aren't deserving of help, you are actually made fun of and people give you silly names. Why is that?

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:08 pm

They are just bullies. Maybe they were bullied as a child or they were bullies that never grew up. The worse is when someone starts being cruel and more that join and it becomes a gang of bullies. It takes less effort to be nice.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Just foe them. I feel much calmer now.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:32 pm

That works for us, but not for newbies needing help'. They don't know who to foe.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Stormynights wrote:The worse is when someone starts being cruel and more that join and it becomes a gang of bullies.

You just described to a *T* what happens here. One bully quickly becomes two, then three, then ? ... never understood why a person would join forces with the bully, instead of with so many folks who are knowledgeable and not condescending.
Bleep/P10

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Stormynights wrote:The worse is when someone starts being cruel and more that join and it becomes a gang of bullies.

You just described to a *T* what happens here. One bully quickly becomes two, then three, then ? ... never understood why a person would join forces with the bully, instead of with so many folks who are knowledgeable and not condescending.
And then the non-bullies get called trolls, and heaven forbid you stick up for someone who is getting bullied.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:50 am

Michelle-OH wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:
BlackS... You're one hell of a sad sack lady. What a miserable human being you are! When someone has NO compassion and gets all bent out of shape because some of us do, it says a lot about the person... you are!

Please do not attack somebody for being compassionate while insulting them. That is not compassionate at all, and it just makes things worse. Comments like these are why I believe some of the worst posts are coming from the people who claim to be helping. All it does is escalate the problem.
I have to disagree that Lucy is 'attacking' BlackSpinner for BEING compassionate. I believe she is upset because BlackSpinner seems to have a problem with anyone who SHOWS compassion, or coddles people, and especially when they are sympathetic to a new person.
I understand WHY she was upset. I agree that Black Spinner can be rude sometimes. But it seems a bit hypocritical to publicly chastise somebody for being rude or not compassionate, while at the same time telling the person that they are a miserable human being.

She can be upset without being rude. If people argued their case instead of flinging insults, the forum would be a much better place. As you can see, it is quite possible to disagree with somebody without calling them names.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:36 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Michelle-OH wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:
BlackS... You're one hell of a sad sack lady. What a miserable human being you are! When someone has NO compassion and gets all bent out of shape because some of us do, it says a lot about the person... you are!

Please do not attack somebody for being compassionate while insulting them. That is not compassionate at all, and it just makes things worse. Comments like these are why I believe some of the worst posts are coming from the people who claim to be helping. All it does is escalate the problem.
I have to disagree that Lucy is 'attacking' BlackSpinner for BEING compassionate. I believe she is upset because BlackSpinner seems to have a problem with anyone who SHOWS compassion, or coddles people, and especially when they are sympathetic to a new person.
I understand WHY she was upset. I agree that Black Spinner can be rude sometimes. But it seems a bit hypocritical to publicly chastise somebody for being rude or not compassionate, while at the same time telling the person that they are a miserable human being.

She can be upset without being rude. If people argued their case instead of flinging insults, the forum would be a much better place. As you can see, it is quite possible to disagree with somebody without calling them names.
Zoo -

Black Spinner acted like a troll on this thread, in my opinion. It isn't rudeness on her part. I am not being hypocritical because I can derail a thread too; that simply makes me more of an expert, imho. BS threw out a conflict-bomb to derail the thread, plain and simple. My statements aren't chastising. I'm not name calling. It is a statement of fact regarding the evolution of this thread. Black Spinner made a comment as the what fourth or fifth post on this thread?, not as something about missing Pugsy - but a hastily thrown insult at others. The post made by Black Spinner had no value other than to create conflict. period.

Lucyhere is not being hypocritical and frankly I think that is an intellectually lazy argument on your part to throw that on her. One can always cry "hypocrite" in an argument. I think I've proven that is silly in an earlier post already.

Black Spinner is not a happy camper and it shows in her posts. Hurt people like to do hurtful things, so I have a modicum of compassion for her, but only a tiny bit. She is not compassionate. She is downright judgmental and therefore I don't have problems judging her right back. She does present herself as a non-caring and "sad sack" of a human being. I don't have a problem saying that because she does unto others; that does not make me a hypocrite. If she was looking for complements and sunshine, I think she would perhaps respond differently or be more compassionate.

Reading back on BS comments, it appears she used to actually provide advice and aid that didn't seem like sandpaper on a burn. She used to be more compassionate. Life does a lot to people and I can't say what changed that.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:07 am

GettingBetter wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:
Michelle-OH wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:

Zoo -

Black Spinner acted like a troll on this thread, in my opinion. It isn't rudeness on her part. I am not being hypocritical because I can derail a thread too; that simply makes me more of an expert, imho. BS threw out a conflict-bomb to derail the thread, plain and simple. My statements aren't chastising. I'm not name calling. It is a statement of fact regarding the evolution of this thread. Black Spinner made a comment as the what fourth or fifth post on this thread?, not as something about missing Pugsy - but a hastily thrown insult at others. The post made by Black Spinner had no value other than to create conflict. period.

Lucyhere is not being hypocritical and frankly I think that is an intellectually lazy argument on your part to throw that on her. One can always cry "hypocrite" in an argument. I think I've proven that is silly in an earlier post already.

Black Spinner is not a happy camper and it shows in her posts. Hurt people like to do hurtful things, so I have a modicum of compassion for her, but only a tiny bit. She is not compassionate. She is downright judgmental and therefore I don't have problems judging her right back. She does present herself as a non-caring and "sad sack" of a human being. I don't have a problem saying that because she does unto others; that does not make me a hypocrite. If she was looking for complements and sunshine, I think she would perhaps respond differently or be more compassionate.

Reading back on BS comments, it appears she used to actually provide advice and aid that didn't seem like sandpaper on a burn. She used to be more compassionate. Life does a lot to people and I can't say what changed that.
YOu have stated your whole argument without insulting anyone. Luce did NOT do that. She called her a miserable human being and sad sack lady. I'm sorry that you feel that this is somehow mot insulting. It was personal and insulting. I have never said that what Blackspinner said was correct. I was only stating that was Lucy said was just as wrong. And this is the problem. The people who feel the need to bring up how bad somebody is, often say it in a very mean way,sometimes worse the person they think they are correcting. I have seen it with many of your posts. and especially Lucy's posts. I have tried to keep quiet on many of the topics, but I have seen it again and again. Luce has some very nasty posts, and I do not view her as a compassionate or helpful person. I see her egging it on. That may not be what she intends or what she sees in the mirror, but that is what I see when I read her posts.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?