miss Pugsy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nanwilson

Re: miss Pugsy

Post by nanwilson » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:22 am

What a crying shame. A few lovely posts on how we miss Pugsy, then PAGES of vitriol among the be nice crew. This forum has gone to hell in a hand basket, I really see why Pugsy left and don't blame her one bit. I don't think its worth while to stay around here anymore and try to pick up the pieces............. this place is broken.... beyond repair. I have learned a lot of great info about sleep apnea and everyone has helped me achieve great therapy, I do so hope that this continues for all the newbys that come here in desperate need of help...
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:32 am

What I see as a significant difference is that, from what I've observed, BlackSpinner is rude to new people who are only asking for help and for lack of a better term, sensitive people. Lucy, and others, myself included have been rude to people in response to what was said to us. Seems to me that in one scenario it is 2 people giving back as good as they are getting....childish, yes...but not harmful to either. In the other scenario, we have someone who has been on the forum a long time, being rude to someone who doesn't deserve it, hasn't provoked it, and may even leave the forum due to the treatment...and frequently gets belittled then by other long term members joining in. It feels like the nastiest fraternity rush that you read/hear about, where you have to prove you are worthy to 'join'.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:56 am

Sonnyboy wrote:I interpreted Black Spinner's post as commenting on the current state of the forum, basically that trolls are having a negative impact on this forum.

Dealing with Concern Trolls | Unadorned
http://www.robertjohndavis.com/2015/08/ ... th-concern

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
Lucyhere wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:
WearyOne wrote:Have no idea why anyone would have a problem with the original post. Really baffling.
I know and agree with you. Take a look back and see where it started.

Dear, dear Sonnyboy... have a read.
Lucy, thank you for your suggestion. I have been reading and there are lots of articles on trolls, bullying, and even "dumbing down" and "concern trolls" on the internet.

Here is another one on trolls:

http://www.peorian.com/technology/techn ... rnet-troll

In my opinion, BlackSpinner is not a troll, and merely made a general comment on the current state of the forum. She certainly did not attack anyone.

grybeard77

Post by grybeard77 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 am

I'm so sorry I ever started this post. I will continue to miss Pugsy in private. Can't we just all get along????

sorry, sorry, sorry!

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:56 am

grybeard77 wrote:I'm so sorry I ever started this post. I will continue to miss Pugsy in private. Can't we just all get along????

sorry, sorry, sorry!
You have no reason to be sorry. You started what should have been a wonderful thread, honoring Pugsy. It's not your fault it's turned into what it has.

But if you want to look at the bright side, it DOES illustrate the behavior and mentalities that drove her away!!

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Sonnyboy, thank you for the links you provided. The more I read the more I realized how important it is to be concerned, rather than a person who enjoys humiliating others on a MEDICAL help forum.

Have a look at other threads/posts and you'll see that since this thread was started, there hasn't been one post that anyone could construe as condescending or rude... not one!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Okay, I like to laugh more than I like to be peeved so I am going to share something that is a work of internet beauty.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Thread that IS WORSE than ANYTHING ON CPAP TALK!

What you Ask? Worse? Oh yes, WORSE! More Intense and Inane, More DRAMA-HOLE ANTICS!
In a thread for a special birthday rainbow surprise cake recipe, all heck and high water busted loose.
Oh yeah, we here in this little world are not alone. The thread has been taken down http://www.fox.com.au/scoopla/trending- ... ise-cake/
But anything on the internet lives forever!

Read and enjoy.... Also trigger warnings - there are some cusses and some nasty political throwing of mud, because that is what one might expect for a rainbow Surprise cake?
READ IT HERE ===>http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/rainbo ... 1592575661

cancun

Post by cancun » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:54 pm

GettingBetter wrote:
Stormynights wrote:
Sleeprider wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:The "concern trolls" have been effective in dumbing down the forum.
I don't understand this?
I don't understand this either. I think I am missing something.
Well, I think the lack of understanding makes the original "concern" about the dumbed down direction of the forum true?
It also means Black Spinner is the concern troll.

What happened to you all using "crickets" and ignoring the posts? You are just letting it start all over again.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:09 pm

cancun wrote: What happened to you all using "crickets" and ignoring the posts? You are just letting it start all over again.
Well, and this is the honest truth, I have had a really horrible week. I don't want to burden anyone but a little internet tussle takes my mind off of things. I try to be the better, bigger person, but this week it is pretty hard. I'll make better decisions, not as a promise or obligation to anyone but myself.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:22 pm

GettingBetter wrote:Okay, I like to laugh more than I like to be peeved so I am going to share something that is a work of internet beauty.

What you Ask? Worse? Oh yes, WORSE! More Intense and Inane, More DRAMA-HOLE ANTICS!
In a thread for a special birthday rainbow surprise cake recipe, all heck and high water busted loose.
Oh yeah, we here in this little world are not alone. The thread has been taken down http://www.fox.com.au/scoopla/trending- ... ise-cake/

Read and enjoy.... Also trigger warnings - there are some cusses and some nasty political throwing of mud, because that is what one might expect for a rainbow Surprise cake?
You know, I think I have to agree with you. Sure didn't take long for the cake to start sliding downhill and at record-breaking speed!

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:44 pm

WearyOne wrote:
GettingBetter wrote:Okay, I like to laugh more than I like to be peeved so I am going to share something that is a work of internet beauty.

You know, I think I have to agree with you. Sure didn't take long for the cake to start sliding downhill and at record-breaking speed!
I haven't seen anything like that ever before! That there were some very tense cake-bakers! It makes our little squabbles look not so bad. LOL
Yikes, they were pretty foul mouthed too. I laughed at the people that kinda waded into that drama-hole without realizing it wasn't cake anymore.... wha? I just was going bake this for my grandson.... lol

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:02 pm

GettingBetter wrote:
I haven't seen anything like that ever before! That there were some very tense cake-bakers! It makes our little squabbles look not so bad. LOL
Yikes, they were pretty foul mouthed too. I laughed at the people that kinda waded into that drama-hole without realizing it wasn't cake anymore.... wha? I just was going bake this for my grandson.... lol
I haven't either. You think you're getting some interesting cake-baking info for what is honestly a really cool cake and it turns into, I don't know, ravaged foul-mouthed, see-just-how-rude-I-can-be-about-everything fighting.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 pm

WearyOne wrote:
GettingBetter wrote:
I haven't either. You think you're getting some interesting cake-baking info for what is honestly a really cool cake and it turns into, I don't know, ravaged foul-mouthed, see-just-how-rude-I-can-be-about-everything fighting.
That was so good, GB! Took my mind off RL for a few seconds and that's always nice!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

flightco

Post by flightco » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:43 pm

nanwilson wrote:What a crying shame. A few lovely posts on how we miss Pugsy, then PAGES of vitriol among the be nice crew. This forum has gone to hell in a hand basket, I really see why Pugsy left and don't blame her one bit. I don't think its worth while to stay around here anymore and try to pick up the pieces............. this place is broken.... beyond repair. I have learned a lot of great info about sleep apnea and everyone has helped me achieve great therapy, I do so hope that this continues for all the newbys that come here in desperate need of help...
Cheers
Nan
Nan, you understand the meaning of my avatar

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:08 am

WearyOne wrote:

Thanks for quoting this, someone deleted my post!