miss Pugsy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoocrewphoto

Re: miss Pugsy

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:09 am

Lucyhere wrote:
BlackS... You're one hell of a sad sack lady. What a miserable human being you are! When someone has NO compassion and gets all bent out of shape because some of us do, it says a lot about the person... you are!

Please do not attack somebody for being compassionate while insulting them. That is not compassionate at all, and it just makes things worse. Comments like these are why I believe some of the worst posts are coming from the people who claim to be helping. All it does is escalate the problem.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:37 am

ZC you are spot on. We all have the right to be compassionate.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:03 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:
BlackS... You're one hell of a sad sack lady. What a miserable human being you are! When someone has NO compassion and gets all bent out of shape because some of us do, it says a lot about the person... you are!

Please do not attack somebody for being compassionate while insulting them. That is not compassionate at all, and it just makes things worse. Comments like these are why I believe some of the worst posts are coming from the people who claim to be helping. All it does is escalate the problem.

+++1

DeepFriedDuck

Post by DeepFriedDuck » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:14 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:some of the worst posts are coming from the people who claim to be helping
+1

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:19 am

="zoocrewphoto"]coming from the people who claim to be helping+1[/quote]

Well said!!!!!
+10000000000
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:31 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:

I have to disagree that Lucy is 'attacking' BlackSpinner for BEING compassionate. I believe she is upset because BlackSpinner seems to have a problem with anyone who SHOWS compassion, or coddles people, and especially when they are sympathetic to a new person.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:32 am

quote="zoocrewphoto"]some of the worst posts are coming from the people who claim to be helping[/quote]
Zoo.. well stated, thank you
+1
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:44 am

4 pages of posts and not one ounce of info. helpful to a cpap user.

Michelle-OH

Post by Michelle-OH » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:51 am

Cardsfan wrote:4 pages of posts and not one ounce of info. helpful to a cpap user.

The OP wasn't asking for any help with cpap.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:20 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:

Perhaps you would like to read this again. I certainly was not suggesting that BlackS was compassionate... quite the opposite.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:30 am

What a SHAME to all who responded in a negative way since I went to bed last night!

This thread was headed in such a fun, positive direction. But, noooooo... some of you just had to jump in and derail it once again. Thanks Stormy for attempting to interject something fun into this thread!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:40 am

This is exactly what ran the Pug off. All our days are numbered here. To wish she would hang around and listen to this garbage is very selfish. It is what it is.

Den, too.

Sheriff

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:48 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:

I was confused by this, because it's obvious that Lucy is saying BlackSpinner is NOT compassionate, and it's because of a comment BlackSpinner made regarding the original post. (Great original post, by the way.) But then I thought maybe Zoocrewphoto meant to say "Please do not attack somebody for NOT being compassionate while insulting them." That makes a lot more sense with the "not" in there, at least to me. (ZC's post doesn't have the "not.") I could be totally off base, though. And if I am, it sure wouldn't be the first time...LOL!

Pam

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:08 pm

I believe you are taking ZCP wrong. I never read her post that way at all. Maybe I am wrong but she is a very nice and compassionate lady. There are times when our words don't fit what we really mean. Once I was typing out my post and DH came in to talk to me. I got distracted and said it all wrong and I never noticed until 49er call me on it. I was so glad she did because I had a chance to apologize before it went any further.

I have read some say they are using tough love when telling someone off. I have had to use tough love at times and I am sure all mothers have had to do that. I never had to be abusive in my words to do that. You can lovingly say you are grounded or whatever without making them feel like running away. There is no excuse for being abusive to anyone that I can see.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:11 pm

I interpreted Black Spinner's post as commenting on the current state of the forum, basically that trolls are having a negative impact on this forum.

Dealing with Concern Trolls | Unadorned
http://www.robertjohndavis.com/2015/08/ ... th-concern

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll