Downloaded sleepyhead last night, found out Im dying

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MrGrumpy

Downloaded sleepyhead last night, found out Im dying

Post by MrGrumpy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:40 am

I finally gave in and downloaded sleepyhead last night. Then plugged in an SD card from one of my S9 APAPs. Found out my AHI is real low (duh, I already knew that) but during that period I felt AWFUL. Because I was reduced to running my APAP to 4-20 after my tonsillectomy and that just does not cut it. Anyway, one thing that was "flagged" was the cheynes stroke respiration thing. I suppose, going by this silly software, I have this.

Should I go ahead and go buy my mortuary plot now? Or blow this off as a joke? I find it hard to take serious sleepyhead software. Is that not like a toy or something?
Id be dead by now if I didn't use my CPAP gear every night.

Gasper62

Re: Downloaded sleepyhead last night, found out Im dying

Post by Gasper62 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:22 pm

I too am thoroughly convinced that Sleepyhead is nothing but a sick, elaborate joke perpetrated by folks who've nothing better to do with their valuable time. You've hit the nail squarely on the head !

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:58 pm

ResMed labels and Sleepyhead reports this as CSR but it really should be Periodic Breathing because most of what we see is not CSR, there are other forms sometimes just sighing. You have to look closely at the breathing waveforms and evaluate them for a crescendo decresendo pattern with a period of apnea between. And yes it can cause undue anxiety. This is from the AirSense 10 Manual.
You can see they are talking typically about 40sec breathing alternating with 20 sec apnea.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:00 pm

Sometimes, medical advances mean a dire diagnosis can be much less than it once was.
Take "heart failure"; a relative was convinced my mom had one foot in the grave;
But with proper medical care, she recovered enough to live independently for
several more years, and was only felled by hospital-"gifted" MRSA.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:49 pm

MrGrumpy wrote:I finally gave in and downloaded sleepyhead last night. Then plugged in an SD card from one of my S9 APAPs. Found out my AHI is real low (duh, I already knew that) but during that period I felt AWFUL. Because I was reduced to running my APAP to 4-20 after my tonsillectomy and that just does not cut it. Anyway, one thing that was "flagged" was the cheynes stroke respiration thing. I suppose, going by this silly software, I have this.

Should I go ahead and go buy my mortuary plot now? Or blow this off as a joke? I find it hard to take serious sleepyhead software. Is that not like a toy or something?
I had the Cheynes Stokes respiration thing with my chf. I doesn't neccessarily mean you're going to die right now - but you probably need to have some stuff looked at. I had some fluid and other issues that were treated and the respiration returned somewhat normal.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:59 pm

OkyDoky wrote:ResMed labels and Sleepyhead reports this as CSR
Okydoky, you may not know this offhand, but the s9 series don't flag CSR, or PB. it's the respironics system one machines that flag PB, and SH 098-1 erroniously labeled that as CSR, since the airsense10 machines DO have a CSR flag.

I don't know what the OP is gibbering on about.

Last edited by palerider on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:11 pm

palerider wrote:
You can see they are talking typically about 40sec breathing alternating with 20 sec apnea.
Okydoky, you may not know this offhand, but the s9 series don't flag CSR, or PB. it's the respironics system one machines that flag PB, and SH 098-1 erroniously labeled that as CSR, since the airsense10 machines DO have a CSR flag.

I don't know what the OP is gibbering on about.[/quote] Thanks, I copied that from another post for an Airsense 10 user and didn't check on the S9.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Shut the fuck up

palerider wrote:

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:50 pm

I own one P & R System One and it does indeed have a periodic breathing detection in it. You can also do your own split night study with a P & R System one.

Resmed, I find it hard to believe an S9 does not have some sort of periodic breathing detection software built into it somewhere. Resmed just might not talk about it to layman. All I know is what Sleepyhead is saying. Hell I only downloaded sleepyhead because of some of the dumbasses on this forum telling me to!

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Im a sick man, I did a download on sleepyhead. Its awful, awful...terrible, terrible. Says I have a real low AHI but the cheyennes stroke sydrome is flagged and I dont even know what cheyennes stroke syndrome is, but it sounds like something worse than plain old sleep apnea!

I must be dying, because sleepyhead said so and because i read it on the Internet.

Gasper62 wrote:I too am thoroughly convinced that Sleepyhead is nothing but a sick, elaborate joke perpetrated by folks who've nothing better to do with their valuable time. You've hit the nail squarely on the head !

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:55 pm

If I cry in my sleep, does my Resmed S9 detect that?

OkyDoky wrote:ResMed labels and Sleepyhead reports this as CSR but it really should be Periodic Breathing because most of what we see is not CSR, there are other forms sometimes just sighing. You have to look closely at the breathing waveforms and evaluate them for a crescendo decresendo pattern with a period of apnea between. And yes it can cause undue anxiety. This is from the AirSense 10 Manual.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:32 pm

MrLivesUnderABridge wrote:gibber gibber gibber gibber

palerider wrote:

eh?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

IDontSnoreISwear

Post by IDontSnoreISwear » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:32 pm

Dr. Google always thinks you're dying.

He's a jerk.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:45 pm

IDontSnoreISwear wrote:Dr. Google always thinks you're dying.

He's a jerk.
Dr Google is right, you ARE dying... the only actual relevant question is "of what, and how soon".

Life, nobody gets out of it alive.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:54 pm

SleepyHead labelled it CSR "erroneously" because so did the reports from the version of Encore I had access to at the time. (Philips was a little overconfident in their machine algorithms ability at one point)

And yeah, only the PRS1's and the S10 flag CSR... both machines flag it rather badly, but the S10's algorithm shows a marginal improvement.

Gasper62: Nice.. have you ever given a bug report? I work with the time, resources and energy levels I've got.. You want commercial software backed by billion dollar companies who can't be bothered to release documentation for their products, go for it. I just wish they'd do a proper job of it themselves. Apart from donations here and there from the kind people happy to support development, I do this for free. You try working on machine support without documentation or access to the countless machine variants 95% of the the time. :/

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code