Ive changed my mind on auto-titrating devices

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: Ive changed my mind on auto-titrating devices

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Oltremare wrote:http://www.cnr.it/istituti/FocusByN_eng ... 4&nfocus=2
Yes, that study is old and APAP algorithms have been greatly improved in the last 14 years, and APAPs have become more popular. But even 14 years ago the study recognized the value of APAP for both sleep-stage and night-to-night variation in pressure needs:
Although the required pressure changes within each night, a constant pressure is traditionally applied. By contrast, "autoCPAP" machines deliver continuously variable pressure levels in relationship to needs automatically identified by their software. A relationship between sleep stage and pressure delivered by an autoCPAP has been demonstrated in a previous study of ours.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:17 pm

The advances in machine technology since the first apap machines has expanded therapy options and effectiveness.
Now what's left is trying to prevent the cheapskates and Luddites from getting between us and the best treatment possible.

Oltremare

Post by Oltremare » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:54 am

I knew that the document is old and that is why it makes more sense! If it was valid 14 years ago, today with the new technologies will be even more valid, do not you think?
Who wrote this report, he was an honest man and in the next 14 years I have not found nobody else who wrote it ...

I hope you will forgive my language errors. To write in English I use a translator online. Thank you

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:38 pm

Oltremare wrote:I knew that the document is old and that is why it makes more sense! If it was valid 14 years ago, today with the new technologies will be even more valid, do not you think?
Who wrote this report, he was an honest man and in the next 14 years I have not found nobody else who wrote it ...
that's a very good point, it was something that I failed to acknowledge in my post, thank you for pointing it out.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.