Can I wear a Gimp Suit with My CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
GettingBetter

Can I wear a Gimp Suit with My CPAP?

Post by GettingBetter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:07 pm

So I had lunch with a good friend today and a really odd question came up that might be resolved by the forum. I personally am thrilled with my progress on the CPAP so I like to talk about the benefits. I had my eyes checked this morning and my vision actually improved a tiny bit! While these results might be because I have enough supplemental oxygen, I think it is a combination of rest and just better self-care. Anyway, by pure happenstance, my friend just had a sleep study, has OSA, ahi of 25 and was troubled by using a CPAP machine.

I tried to console him. I mentioned his wife will be totally supportive and that there is a ton of help available. And then I started breathing from my mouth because my jaw just dropped.

Oh, using the CPAP wasn’t the problem it was using the CPAP with a GIMP SUIT that was the problem. I don’t know if everyone understands what a gimp suit is, but is a modest, yet snug scuba suit that is used in sexual bondage play betwixt and between consenting adults. I think these contraptions are mostly rubberized or latex type material, but some can be quite fancy and patent pleather (still fake, but really shiny).

I promised I would post his problem, keeping his identity secret, and he’s going to watch for responses. Good Lord, don’t ask for a dang chart! He will not create an account for this question and he hasn’t even got the machine yet.

Does anyone have experience with this? Even if it is a "friend" that tried it?

This is what I think will happen.
And yes this is what I told him.

The head or mask portion of the gimp suit varies by user preferences and I think these are custom made? Like I said, I don’t know anything about this stuff and how it would work.

Okie bipap

Re: Can I wear a Gimp Suit with My CPAP?

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Does he sleep in the suit? It looks like the hood might impede normal breathing when asleep. When it comes to sleeping, I want the most comfortable thing I can find to sleep in, and this doesn"t look like it would be very comfortable.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:43 pm

No experience AT ALL, but what could scream bondage more than a mask you have to wear in bed????

You could (if you are careful not to cover the vent holes!) even decorate the mask to match the gimp suit--paint it black, put rivets and chains on the straps (or make leather straps!), etc. You could have fun with the hose cover, too.

Brings a whole 'nother meaning to the term "compliance".
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:11 pm

Okie bipap wrote:Does he sleep in the suit? It looks like the hood might impede normal breathing when asleep. When it comes to sleeping, I want the most comfortable thing I can find to sleep in, and this doesn"t look like it would be very comfortable.
I asked the same thing. It seems that life as a "gimp" has some downtime and he does snooze. I told him that if he uses his CPAP on a regular basis, napping might not a be a problem and his bondage life might be enriched because he is sure to be more alert when he used to want to sleep. Ah, right - I shouldn't have said anything because I got enriched right back with some not so commonly known knowledge about his personal life. ugh - It seems that part of his enjoyment of being a "gimp" is to be ignored for long periods of time and he is "looking forward" to sleeping while his partner (I've known her for many years and I don't like thinking of her like this) does other stuff.

Apparently he gets chained to a wall and sleeps like that. gag. Oh that reminds me - I recommended a nasal mask because he likes a ball gag and there wouldn't be any problem with mouth breathing. Another good thing is he's not going to complain of claustrophobia! jeez I'm a good friend, also modest and non-judgemental.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:17 pm

With minimal skill the pajamas you wear to bed (including headgear) should be able to be modified to accommodate xPAP easily.

A little exploration is needed but that can be fun.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Janknitz wrote:No experience AT ALL, but what could scream bondage more than a mask you have to wear in bed????

You could (if you are careful not to cover the vent holes!) even decorate the mask to match the gimp suit--paint it black, put rivets and chains on the straps (or make leather straps!), etc. You could have fun with the hose cover, too.

Brings a whole 'nother meaning to the term "compliance".
What kind of mold and bacteria is in a gimp suit? Yelch! That thing would need to be washed thoroughly in vinegar after each use. The way I understand it, this isn't something that my friend and his wife are doing every night. They are perfectly normal people that have a hobby they practice every so often. I had no idea they were into this.

Your idea sounds pretty do-able, especially since he won't be using the mask and hose all the time, he could customize one and have his regular mask.

I don't think I could get restrained like this because I would worry about a fire or something. Also, what if you need medical attention?

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:01 pm

If you look closely you will see that the bloating of the suit is not caused my mask leaks. I expect that it is a gas issue. Is the person shown in the bloated suit a male or female? I am sure it must be a woman because men love passing gas and think it is so much fun everyone around them will enjoy it too, but a woman would nearly prefer having her head blow off than to be caught passing gas.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Stormynights wrote:If you look closely you will see that the bloating of the suit is not caused my mask leaks. I expect that it is a gas issue. Is the person shown in the bloated suit a male or female? I am sure it must be a woman because men love passing gas and think it is so much fun everyone around them will enjoy it too, but a woman would nearly prefer having her head blow off than to be caught passing gas.
I can't tell if you're braggin' or complainin' about men loving to pass gas, but yes they seem to be more proud of body functions than the gentler gender, well except for my niece.

I don't know if the person in the bloated suit is male or female. I don't know if that is a gimp suit or one of those peyote sweat suits they advertise down at the Bait and Tan. Either way, I thing the whole idea is really pretty iffy.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:27 pm

I just keep thinking about how hot (temperature wise) that would be to sleep in! Can't imagine that as a post menopausal woman!!! Yikes!
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Brings back memories of the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, where they painted a girl in gold paint, and the skin couldn't breath, she died from lack of O2, because they never left a patch of skin uncovered.... Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:43 pm

This whole thread was a delightfully wicked surprise.
Thank God for weirdness.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:44 pm

Goofproof wrote:Brings back memories of the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, where they painted a girl in gold paint, and the skin couldn't breath, she died from lack of O2, because they never left a patch of skin uncovered.... Jim
Sometimes Jim you make creepy comments that make me think you have one of those pits in the basement and a "lady skin suit" a-la-silence-of-the-lambs that you put on while doing a little kooky dance and saying "it needs to put the lotion in the basket" eyeyeyey~ who said anything about killing a lady?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:07 pm

GettingBetter wrote:
Goofproof wrote:Brings back memories of the James Bond movie, Goldfinger, where they painted a girl in gold paint, and the skin couldn't breath, she died from lack of O2, because they never left a patch of skin uncovered.... Jim
Sometimes Jim you make creepy comments that make me think you have one of those pits in the basement and a "lady skin suit" a-la-silence-of-the-lambs that you put on while doing a little kooky dance and saying "it needs to put the lotion in the basket" eyeyeyey~ who said anything about killing a lady?
You did not see that, my Cave has NO windows. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:53 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:This whole thread was a delightfully wicked surprise.
Thank God for weirdness.
it took quite the left turn at alba-kwirk-ee... didn't it?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:28 pm

GettingBetter wrote:
Goofproof wrote:Brings back memories of the James Bond movie, Goldfin ger, where they painted a girl in gold paint, and the skin couldn't breath, she died from lack of O2, because they never left a patch of skin uncovered.... Jim
I don't think this thread can possibly get more weird... in a good way! It's great to see people loosen up a bit.

Now, back to the original post... who's going to help this poor guy?
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10