Not Consistant

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mopheus

Re: Not Consistant

Post by Mopheus » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Thank you for all your help. It's all I have. I am flying blind. Sleepyhead is alot of knowledge, perhaps too much. Ha.
Hopefully tonight is ok.

R1200ST

Post by R1200ST » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
R1200ST wrote:6 is not going to work for you.
What is your rationale for this statement based on the chart he posted for 2/6?
Personal opinion that is apnea increased to over 2 when the pressure was reduced. On 2/5 his median pressure was 7.9. So it would appear that if his pressure starts at 6 he is going to spend a lot of time in Apnea events until the ramp up.
R1200ST wrote:I was at 6 myself when I started and now I am at 9 minimum. And even at 9 there are some nights that my AHI goes over 1.
Your pressure needs have no effect on his pressure needs.
I am sure you are right, but I am offering my opinion that lower level pressure at 6 had no effect in controlling my Apnea, which appears to be the same for this person.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:39 am

R1200ST wrote:I am offering my opinion that lower level pressure at 6 had no effect in controlling my Apnea, which appears to be the same for this person.
His machine spent most of the night at pressure 6.0, and his obstructive index was low = 1.6.

I would like to see his results using pressure 7.0. It might clear up his VS2 of 2.4.

But, if Mopheus has trouble tolerating 7.0, he is getting reasonably good therapy at 6.0.

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Here is the first part of last night, the other part was not as good. I can't figure out how to get back to the entire night of data after zooming in.
I think I had some mouth breathing, When I started my therapy 3 months ago at min pressure of 5, I had mouth breathing but adapted in a couple weeks.
My first nights at 6 were uncomfortable, 7 last night was easier than the first time I tried it. Will I adapt to higher pressure over time?
I dont see me taping my mouth shut? And if I was mouth breathing then that AHI is artificially low?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Mopheus wrote:I can't figure out how to get back to the entire night of data after zooming in.
Just below the last graph is "Reset" and "100%". Click on "100%" and the entire night will show again. (Click on "Reset" if the y-axis scale gets out of whack.)
Mopheus wrote:And if I was mouth breathing then that AHI is artificially low?
Does your mouth get dry? If your mouth stays moist, there is a good chance you are not breathing through it.
Mopheus wrote:Will I adapt to higher pressure over time?
Many do adapt. What problems are you having at a pressure of 7.0?

http://i.imgur.com/zdiEEGy.png

From a statistical point of view, your therapy is working well. How well do you think you are sleeping, and how do you feel during the day compared to pre-CPAP times?

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Before therapy I felt like I'd been hit by a frieght train. When I get a numder like this feel like I was grazed by a VW beetle. I feel if I can get more nights like this in a row, I may get my life back. I was definitely leaking out of my mouth a bit.
I will keep it at 7 for a while and see if I can get more consistent reults. Even on a bad night it is still doing something,
because the night I went with my mask on the floor for 3 hours crushed me hard.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Have we talked about using a cervical collar with CPAP? http://www.amazon.com/Carex-Health-Bran ... cal+collar

Some of us wear one every night. It helps keep the airway in the best alignment. This helps me with a lower CPAP pressure requirement.

When the collar is sized properly, it helps keep the jaw from dropping which may help with mouthbreathing.

The collars are cheap, so a trial with one is inexpensive.

Some may think the collar looks uncomfortable. But, as soon as I settle in the bed, I don't even notice I have it on.

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Arrgh, Im not finding that reset graph option. Just an option for hiding graphs.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Mopheus wrote:Arrgh, Im not finding that reset graph option. Just an option for hiding graphs.
All your have to do is, when you want to zoom left click and when you want to return right click till you get back to where you want. Your leak level never went over the red line so events are probably true and what mouth breathing if any wasn't enough to effect data. I second the soft cervical collar to keep your jaw up. Reports look good and after a while the pressure will be less noticeable.
Last edited by OkyDoky on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Mopheus wrote: I can't figure out how to get back to the entire night of data after zooming in.]
right click, or use the arrow keys.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:29 am

So I have been getting used to the higher pressure. I still have some mouth breathing, but that seems to be better.
Last night was weird as I rarely hit 12, and if I do its just a spike. Any thoughts, or suggestions? Any tweeks? Or don't fix what appears to be working.
Let's say 3 night of AHI below 1.5 and I feel pretty freakin awesome.
Thanks for any input, I would't be feeling this good with you guys.
OK here are some screens from the last 3 nights. I have never AHI so low.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:45 am

Mopheus wrote:Let's say 3 night of AHI below 1.5
Don't forget your leak rate also looks good.
Mopheus wrote:I feel pretty freakin awesome.
Keep truckin'.