Not Consistant

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Not Consistant

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Mopheus wrote:Thanks, ok will try 7 tonight
you may need 8 or 9... time will tell. if you look at your chart from the 2nd, you'll see a long string of hypopneas (the blue ticks) from 7:30 on, and a number of 'em before that. the standard answer to hypos is "more pressure". maybe not a lot, but, more than you have now. unfortunately, the prs1 line of machines is kind of slow responding to hypos and apneas, and so it's dropping pressure, and leaving it even though you're having event after event, they're just not close enough together to get the machine's attention. this is why looking at, and understanding your nightly data is important... the machines can't do it all, they do need to be... tuned, for want of a better word, to your basic needs.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:20 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Malnutrition among vegetarians can be alleviated somewhat by accessing some of the nutritional studies
done by Seventh Day Adventist researchers.
I would depend on nutritional and medical scientists and ignore the advice of any religious sects including my own.

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:48 am

Here is the first night at 7. Slept poorly. I think mouth breathing on the second half. Think I was awake or being awoke from 5 am on.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 am

While your total leaks don't look real bad, if you are mouth breathing frequently, which it looks like, and waking up you might want to look at options to prevent that.
1. Taping
2. Soft Cervical collar
3. Chin Strap
4. FF Mask
It also looks like your Min pressure is still suboptimal. If you want to give this pressure a few days and work on leaks and see if that effects your AHI, that's ok but I think you will eventually need a 8 - 9 Min.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Do you find that you need to change the heat/humidifier when the pressures is increased?
I was uncomfortable so I turned it down, I felt like more arflow was delivering more heat.
I really don't want to tweak more than one setting at a time.
My first night at 6 I noticed some mouth leaks, but seemed to be better after several days.
I'm gonna ride a min of 7 for a couple day and pull some data.

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:34 am

OK this really sucks, since upping my min pressure,4 out of 5 nights find the mask on the floor, with hours of no therapy.
I feal so mich worse, ready to dial her down. I have had some amazing nights, I should be able to repeat that,
without my mask on the floor. And I ain't taping the freakin thing to my head. One good night per week is better
than mask on floor death mode that I am living in.

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:38 am

Sorry just comming to grips that life is basically over. the best years are all behind me now

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:36 am

I know this can be very frustrating and difficult but the good life is not all behind you. Just take it slow and easy. You didn't get to where you are with sleep apnea in a short period of time and you are not going to fix it immediately. Wearing the mask and hose doesn't come easy to everyone but it does work if you just hang in there. I had to lower the pressure on my husbands machine and raise it gradually over a period of time. It took baby steps for him but he got there.

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:27 am

Third night in a row, mask on floor. That's 12 hours of no therapy. I feel as bad as before I had this stupid machine. This never happened before I turned up the pressure.Going back down to 6 tonight.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:00 am

Mopheus wrote:Third night in a row, mask on floor.
I'm wondering if a heavy duty chinstrap (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/ruby-s ... strap.html) put in place over the mask would help prevent pulling it off "in your sleep"?

Maybe others will comment on this idea and an appropriate chinstrap.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Mopheus wrote:And I felt the most rested in years. A hangover never felt so good
I had a hangover recently and I did feel better than normal. I don't want to go down that route though, people can become alcoholics that way.

Mask: Flexifit 407

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:33 pm

I enabled the mask leak alarm last night, and I've just tested it. Yeah, it was working. But it was "crickets" compared to the WHOOSH of a detached mask. So this feature is kinda ify on my machine.
Trying again tonight on a lower pressure.

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:51 am

10 hours of AHI 2.3 sleep, feeling slightly human. I think going to a min of 7 was too much, too fast. I'm going to get used 6 for several more days, then increase. I noticed you can bump half steps.
Maybe I should try to bump up .5 every couple days so I can adapt without pulling my mask off. Here is last night. Any thoughts?

R1200ST

Post by R1200ST » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Your base pressure must be higher. IF the mask you are using is causing you to be uncomfortable at the higher levels you might need a different mask. 6 is not going to work for you. I was at 6 myself when I started and now I am at 9 minimum. And even at 9 there are some nights that my AHI goes over 1. My max is 13 and I rarely get that high.

Also why are you going to sleep at Midnight and waking up at 11:00 am?

This is my 4th month. I tried FFM (nope), hybrid mask (nope) and 2 types of nasal pillows, medium then small, before I settled in.

I suggest you place more emphasis on finding the right mask, wear it every night for a full 7 days while awake and watching TV till you are used to it on your face, your body is used to the pressure of breathing through the mask etc. This is not a plug and play event.

I also suggest you bump your pressure back up to 9.

I rinse my sinuses every night and use a non - addictive nasal spray right now due to allergies. I do not drink anything after 8 pm.

There is a routine for you, you will find it. Keep working on it and you will get dialed in. DO NOT give up. Some folks here work very hard in helping out. Keep researching.

Good Luck.

Rich

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:22 pm

R1200ST wrote:6 is not going to work for you.
What is your rationale for this statement based on the chart he posted for 2/6?

R1200ST wrote:I was at 6 myself when I started and now I am at 9 minimum. And even at 9 there are some nights that my AHI goes over 1.
Your pressure needs have no effect on his pressure needs.