Brand New and Troubled by last nights Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OkyDoky

Re: Brand New and Troubled by last nights Data

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:47 am

No worry there. It looks very good. If you click on the flow waveform on one of the RERAS it will zoom in on the breathing waveform and you will be able to see changes in your breathing pattern. When you are ready to zoom out just right click.
RERAs are periods of increasing respiratory effort, which do not qualify as an apnea, and are terminated by an arousal. Increasing respiratory effort will be seen as airflow limitation.
So with congestion it's not unusual to see some. And even with a cold you have very few.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

QueSera

Post by QueSera » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:02 pm

Thank you all for this excellent thread. I'm about one month in (and I've been sick for half of that) and I pick up new bits if what I need to know every day, all from cpaptalk. I can't believe that neither the doctor nor the DME tells you about Sleepyhead or how to read your data or anything beyond how to turn the machine on, really. Im going to tweak SH now based on what I just read here and and see how it works tonight.
It's always something. Roseanne RoseannaDanna
I was a victim of a series of circumstances, as are we all. Malachi Constant

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:21 pm

The 'trouble' with most doctors is that they learn theory, but when it comes to practice (with equipment), they tend to leave all that to DME's and techs who may not only not know even theory well, but pass on some abdominable info. Stay with the forum!

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:23 pm

ArKiTeKt wrote: I shouldn't be worried about the RERA's?
it's going to be very rare, if ever that you have a perfect night, so just quit hoping.

if I'm under 2 overall, I'm happy, if I'm over 2, then I might start looking for things I could adjust, but I won't worry. if I got up to 5, then I'd be working on things... my typical nights are under 1, but I don't seem to feel much different until I get over 2something.

you might consider adopting similar guidelines for yourself, and QUIT WORRYING!!!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 pm

You are doing fine.
Instead of focusing of each night, one at a time, start looking for trends over a week long period.
Also, keep track of how you feel.

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:39 pm

I think last night data looks pretty good but I added a padacheek face mask cushion and it appears I had quite a few leaks last night. With the cushion, should I tighten the mask straps to prevent the leaks? I also had to cut out the part of the pad that covered the mouth because I have a cold and had to do some mouth breathing last night. Hence the gap in time at around 4:00am.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:56 pm

With the liner you will just have to experiment with strap tightness. Some people it helps decrease leaks and makes the mask more comfortable. Some people say that it increased leaks. The liner shouldn't cover your mouth. My husband had to cut his out some also.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:56 am

Best Night Yet! It seems when I use the humidifier I do worse so I haven't used it the last few nights. Check out last night's data.

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:59 am

BTW, I was still awake when the clear airway happened.

K5MOW

Post by K5MOW » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:06 am

One thing to think about. When I first started I also thought I would do better with our humidifier on. After a couple of days of no humidifier my nose hurt and was dry. If this happens consider turning it back on.
Moderate to Severe Sleep Apnea

Airsense 10 Autoset AirStart 10 CPAP

Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask

Roger

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:21 am

Ok, will do K5. thanks.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:17 am

You can put water in the humidifier, and not turn on the heater. Or set it on 1 or 2. I have mine set on 68 degrees, and level of 2.

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:20 am

Hi all. I had a quick question. It seems if I go to bed congested ( or maybe my sinuses are just inflamed) that I seem to breathe shallow before I doze off and it probably sets the pattern for shallow breathing all night. Because I'll wake up with a headache that 90% of will quickly go away once I wake up and take the mask off. Does anyone have any input on this or suggestions on how to fix it? should I bump the pressure up?

Thanks in advance.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:30 am

I use a saline nasal spray, before bed. If I wake up congested, use some more spray. It is not medicine, just saline. Washes out the congestion.
Also helps if you can raise the head of your bed, helps drainage.
Try turning down the humidity.
Does the flow limit chart show blockages more than it usually does? Yes, you can try turning the pressure up 1.

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:03 am

Thanks cards. Yeah I haven't even filled the humidifier in a week but maybe I should fill it and put it at level 1? Also, have any of you ever used anything to keep your nostrils open when you sleep? Thanks again.