Brand New and Troubled by last nights Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ArKiTeKt

Re: Brand New and Troubled by last nights Data

Post by ArKiTeKt » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks CardsFan. I just ordered one before your post but not the zipper one. Hope I didn't mess up. Does it also help when the humidity is turned up to not allow rainout?

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:21 pm

ArKiTeKt wrote:Thanks CardsFan. I just ordered one before your post but not the zipper one. Hope I didn't mess up. Does it also help when the humidity is turned up to not allow rainout?
All you need to do is use a plastic bag on the end of the hose when you put it on. That way it slips on easier.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:30 pm

Hose covers are supposed to help with rainout. I've never had rainout, so don't know how well it works for that. The one without the zipper will be fine. Just harder to get on and off.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:41 pm

ArKiTeKt wrote:Does it also help when the humidity is turned up to not allow rainout?
I had rain out only one time. As soon as I turned the humidity down a little, never happened again. A hose cover does help.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:45 pm

OK, stupid question, but where do you go to turn off email notifications for replies to threads? I thought I'd like it but it's just overloading my inbox. Thanks!

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Under user control panel go to board preferences, Edit posting defaults, Notify me upon replies by default, change to no.
There are a few other options on email, under Edit Global settings Users can contact me by e-mail that you can change to no. As far as I'm concerned that's what PM's are for. And if you need to be notified by Email with a PM there is this Notify me on new private messages You can decide if you need this. I left it but I usually check here before I check email so not really needed for me.
You can always change these.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Well... disappointed. Last nights numbers not nearly as good as the night before. however, I know I was doing a lot of mouth breathing because my nose was stuffed up. I'm hoping that hose cover arrives soon so I can turn the heat and humidity up and hopefully stop the congestion... Right now Heat is at 61 and humidity level is at 1. pretty cold, especially for Oklahoma this time of year. So how bad do you all think last nights looks?

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Still looks good with a stuffy nose. I'm in the same area and since we use a wood burning fireplace insert, I have had to turn up the humidifier to 8 and tube to 79 degrees. I was using auto but my throat continued to be dry through the day, and the increased humidity helped decrease that where I wasn't trying to clear my throat all day.

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:38 am

Well I was pretty anxious yesterday and last night (and now this morning) so my clear airways are up again. But if you notice, it looks like most of my clear airways occured after my wifes alarm went off at 6:00pm... so odd.... I need to get to the bottom of my anxiety!

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:56 am

I wonder how accurate Sleepyhead really is. My AHI between 6 am and 7 am approx. was 3.6. Most of that centrals and one obstruction apneaa. I know for 100 percent sure that I was awake that whole time laying in bed.
I even called the resp therapist at Lincare and discussed my stats with him this morning. The data he gets shows I have had zero Cheyne stokes breathing. Sleeppyhead reported that I had Cheyne stokes breathing last week. So I have been in a panic over nothing.

My point is- contact your resp. Therapist at the DME and check with them, or your sleep dr.

I am in no way bashing Sleepyhead, but this is for your info.

You still have good numbers.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Cardsfan wrote:I wonder how accurate Sleepyhead really is. My AHI between 6 am and 7 am approx. was 3.6. Most of that centrals and one obstruction apneaa. I know for 100 percent sure that I was awake that whole time laying in bed.
I even called the resp therapist at Lincare and discussed my stats with him this morning. The data he gets shows I have had zero Cheyne stokes breathing. Sleeppyhead reported that I had Cheyne stokes breathing last week. So I have been in a panic over nothing.

My point is- contact your resp. Therapist at the DME and check with them, or your sleep dr.

I am in no way bashing Sleepyhead, but this is for your info.

You still have good numbers.
ResMed labels and Sleepyhead reports this as CSR but it really should be Periodic Breathing because most of what we see is not CSR, there are other forms sometimes just sighing. You have to look closely at the breathing waveforms and evaluate them for a crescendo decresendo pattern with a period of apnea between. And yes it can cause undue anxiety. This is from the AirSense 10 Manual.
You can see they are talking typically about 40sec breathing alternating with 20 sec apnea.
ArKiTeKt, after your wife's alarm goes off you are probably more awake than asleep.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:27 pm

ArKiTeKt wrote:Well I was pretty anxious yesterday and last night (and now this morning) so my clear airways are up again. But if you notice, it looks like most of my clear airways occured after my wifes alarm went off at 6:00pm... so odd....
1) a CAI of 1.51 is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.
2) when you're awake, or dowsing, your breathing is often irregular, and that can trick any cpap into flagging events that don't matter, because it has no way to know you're not asleep. transition breathing, going to sleep, or waking up, is often irregular enough to do that.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:09 pm

Thank you pale rider. That's what I was hoping for and glad to hear you say it. Thanks to everyone helping me out during my cpap honeymoon phase!

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks oky. It's been decided, no more snooze and both of us get up the second the alarm goes off...

ArKiTeKt

Post by ArKiTeKt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:51 am

Hey all. I got my hose cover put on and turned temp up to 72 and humidity up to 3 (easing my way up) and seemed to have slept much better. My wife's alarm went off at 6:15 and we both got up without snoozing. It seems the higher temp and raised humidity helped me sleep and helped my congestion. My numbers look better than the night before but those RERA's are the highest I've ever had. So just checking again, I shouldn't be worried about the RERA's?

Thanks again All!