Sleep mapper

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bro5mo

Sleep mapper

Post by bro5mo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:19 pm

i have the Phillips Sys One and I have a question regarding the modem.

How does it connect? Do I need to connect to a phone line ?

Can I use the modem AND a Bluetooth adapter??

Rick

On the virge

Re: Sleep mapper

Post by On the virge » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:08 pm

The modem on my machine works as a cell phone, that is I do not provide a internet connection. It simply plugs in and does its thing. I have no knowledge regarding the use of bluetooth. I know the modem does not interfere with my use of a wireless SD card in my CPAP. I also know it works well without the modem attached. I do not use sleep mapper any longer. Instead, I use Sleepyhead when I want to look at details and I look at the built in screen to see my nightly AHI.

CPAPER Paul

Post by CPAPER Paul » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:58 pm

bro5mo wrote:i have the Phillips Sys One and I have a question regarding the modem.

How does it connect? Do I need to connect to a phone line ?

Can I use the modem AND a Bluetooth adapter??

Rick
Rick, Yes, the Modem does it's own thing as it is a cellular modem and it reports back to the DME (the company which is "loaning" you the machine) so that they can monitor if you are using the machine enough for the insurance company to re-emburse them for the cost of the machine. The modem is there to help the DME and the insurance company, not to help you.

I don't believe that you could use the bluetooth modem in the Respironics machine at the same time as you have an modem installed as they take up the same connection in the back of the machine. The bluetooth modem is really to be used with Sleepmapper. Since Sleepmapper is a program (and an App) which gives you only minimal information, I would not waste your time using it. Sleepmapper is just another way in which the DME can prove you are using the machine. True it gives you some feedback, but that some of that feedback is available on the LCD readout on the machine itself, and SleepyHead (a fantastic, free program) gives you much more useful feedback.

In a nutshell, don't waste your time with Sleepmapper or the bluetooth modem. Learn to use SleepyHead and you will be light years ahead at a lot less expense.

Sleep well...

Paul

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:51 pm

How do I get my resperonics sd card to up date to sleepyhead? The card is fixed in the modem, so I am not able to put it into a slot on a computer.

Thanks, I am new on forum, and new to pap, struggling a bit. If I can figure out how to get data maybe y'all can help.

CPAPER Paul

Post by CPAPER Paul » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Mopheus wrote:How do I get my resperonics sd card to up date to sleepyhead? The card is fixed in the modem, so I am not able to put it into a slot on a computer.

Thanks, I am new on forum, and new to pap, struggling a bit. If I can figure out how to get data maybe y'all can help.
There are a couple of possibilities regarding the card:

1) take out the modem temporarily and pull out the card and insert the card into a card slot or card reader on the computer where you are running SleepyHead. SleepyHead will "find" the card and download the information from the card to a file on your computer. Then when it has read the card, you can eject it from your computer, put it back into the slot in the Resp. machine, then put the modem back into the Resp. machine. That's a pain, but doable. You just have to remember to put the card and the modem back into the Resp. machine. I did this for a long time. Maybe you won't do it every day, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. As long as the card remains in the machine it collects the data and keeps it. You can "read" the card once a week if you want and it will download the full weeks data so that you don't lose anything.

2) One of the members of this group has devised a free program which uses a "WiFi" card (like you find in some new digital cameras and can be purchased on Amazon for example) which can stay in your Resp. machine in place of the SD card already there, and that way your computer can download from the card via WiFI and you don't have to remove it each day. SleepyHead then reads the data which the cards sends to your computer.

The Respironics SD card that comes with the machine isn't special. You can use almost any SD card or this special WiFi enabled card instead.

3) At the minimum you can see your daily AHI numbers on the little LCD screen of your Resp. machine without having to remove anything.

I am sorry that I don't have time tonight to give more details, but I am sure others can add to this.

Sleep well...

Paul

Mopheus

Post by Mopheus » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:09 am

I have dream maper, so I have limited data. I can go from 20 centrals one night, to 3 the next.
It is not consistent, but
I think a lot of my hypoapnea are what you call SWJ. ?

And no way im takiking apart the modem to get the card and putting back together. ha ha