Kicked out Sleep Dr's Practice. Dme-Dr in with each other?..

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Kicked out Sleep Dr's Practice. Dme-Dr in with each other?..

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:07 pm

A lot of us have been there.
Some idiot pushes us just THAT far, and it gets away from us. "Oops" just is not enough.

Heart Jumping

Post by Heart Jumping » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:00 am

metsfan302 wrote:
Susie Kay wrote:
Air Jordan wrote:Oh, my.
If you are just getting started, don't let this thread scare you. Some people have no negotiating skills and no charm. You should do fine.
Was that toward me? Just wondering
Maybe Susie Kay is actually the office manager at your doctors office?

Just kidding, I couldn't figure out what that comment meant either.

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:22 am

haha right i'll have to look into that

Additional Comments: Prior - ResMed AirCurve ASV User
This is my Orig Post "The start of my venture to find proper therapy" - http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &sk=t&sd=a

klv329

Post by klv329 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:38 am

I was going to go back to my ENT/sleep apnea doctor to see about an asv sleep study, but I see that insurance has changed since my last sleep study which they used to give me for whatever reason. It sounds like it would be a time consuming headache that would eat my out-of-pocket maximums. And judging from the quality of some of my prior sleep studies, it would be a waste of effort anyway.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:48 am

klv329 wrote:I was going to go back to my ENT/sleep apnea doctor to see about an asv sleep study, but . . . eat my out-of-pocket maximums. . .
Best done at the beginning of a new plan year, if needed.
If the lab is incompetent, push for a different one.
Time the max-out so it will do some good.

DeepFriedDuck

Post by DeepFriedDuck » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:07 am

I get in the mail a letter certified from my dr's office saying they are discontinuing out physician-patient relationship
The doctor is smarter than you. Ask around for a dumb one.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:10 am

DeepFriedDuck wrote:
I get in the mail a letter certified from my dr's office saying they are discontinuing out physician-patient relationship
The doctor is smarter than you. Ask around for a dumb one.
You work for that doctor? Actually the doctor doesn't seem very competent and if probably illegally in bed with the DME. Not the smartest thing as they will be reported now. Maybe a letter to the IRS would be of benefit too.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Heart Jumping

Post by Heart Jumping » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:05 am

DeepFriedDuck wrote:The doctor is smarter than you. Ask around for a dumb one.
What a strange response, that's the second strange response in this thread as if there's some weird back story going on here.
BlackSpinner wrote:Actually the doctor doesn't seem very competent and if probably illegally in bed with the DME. Not the smartest thing as they will be reported now. Maybe a letter to the IRS would be of benefit too.
The doctors office was unprofessional, at least based on the OP's side of the story, so now in addition to reporting him he should write a letter to the IRS, because he's "probably" in bed with the DME? Should he also report the doctor for sexual assault, just for good measure?

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:17 am

Heart Jumping wrote:
DeepFriedDuck wrote:The doctor is smarter than you. Ask around for a dumb one.
What a strange response, that's the second strange response in this thread as if there's some weird back story going on here.
BlackSpinner wrote:Actually the doctor doesn't seem very competent and if probably illegally in bed with the DME. Not the smartest thing as they will be reported now. Maybe a letter to the IRS would be of benefit too.
The doctors office was unprofessional, at least based on the OP's side of the story, so now in addition to reporting him he should write a letter to the IRS, because he's "probably" in bed with the DME? Should he also report the doctor for sexual assault, just for good measure?
Initially, I interpreted DeepFriedDuck's comment as strange. But then I wondered if he/she was facetiously saying that the doctor just proved how much smarter he is than Eric by dropping him from the practice when he had the "nerve" to be assertive. Therefore, to avoid future problems like this, pick a dumb doctor.

Of course, I could be totally off base but that is what came to mind when I read the comment after initially wondering what was meant by it. Of course,only DeepFriedDuck can state what was meant.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:21 am

Heart Jumping wrote:
Should he also report the doctor for sexual assault, just for good measure?

The doctor doesn't seem to want to be in the same room so that is very doubtful.

But yes - they refuse to deal with any other DME - Which probably means they either own it or are getting a kick back. Might as well get the IRS involved too. They are probably hiding money in their fun shuffling of money back and forth. It might make them think twice about "firing" a patient for no good reason.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:40 pm

The IRS was how the Untouchables managed to nail many criminals.
Some got away with murder, repeatedly--but tax evasion?

xyz

Post by xyz » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:00 pm

> she then goes I've never heard of that place,
> we can only send it to xyz company.

In some states it is illegal for a doctor to refer to a company that they have a financial interest in. I don't know about Delaware.

Always ask for the original prescription hardcopy. You will pick it up. You will use it as you see fit.

If they cross-examine you, be evasive. "I don't know where I am going to take the prescription yet. I'm going to check with my insurance company and see who is in network." When you choose a provider, be sure to keep a copy of the prescription. Don't give the only copy away.

> Send a registered letter to them that you want a copy of your sleep study and prescription as required by law, ASAP.
> By the way your regular doctor can write one for cpap.com.
> Call your insurance and complain to them about the treatment you received.

All good points. And tell the offending doctor's office you'll report them to the state medical board. Then do it.

Cereal Killer

Post by Cereal Killer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:43 pm

The drama this forum is well known for. So easy to give out advice - medical board, IRS, certified letters, hiring a lawyer, blah blah blah.

Yet, not a one of the advisers would go to this trouble if it were their own case.

Sheesh, such drama. It's certainly entertainment value for some.
I still have this Appt for a new sleep dr that i've had for three months - its Dec 22nd.
Just move on and tell the new doctor you need to go home on the 22nd with a script for a mask.

Heart Jumping wrote: that's the second strange response in this thread
Add me to your list.

Heart Jumping

Post by Heart Jumping » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Cereal Killer wrote:
Heart Jumping wrote: that's the second strange response in this thread
Add me to your list.
I refuse to. But I am going to report you to the IRS for mocking.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Cereal Killer wrote:The drama this forum is well known for. So easy to give out advice - medical board, IRS, certified letters, hiring a lawyer, blah blah blah.

Yet, not a one of the advisers would go to this trouble if it were their own case.
Well I for one had an intelligent and competent sleep doctor who literally cheered at the thought of my controlling my own machine and going on line to get masks and such. His complaint was that he had to do that monitoring for those others! He had more interesting and important stuff to do. The DME was totally incompetent so they lost not only my business but that of several friends as I steered them to our host and other places.