Seriously wrong myths on this forum.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gregzeng

Seriously wrong myths on this forum.

Post by gregzeng » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:01 am

Those of us with biological science backgrounds can be very upset by the very many mistakes & myths on this web site. As a newcomer to this web site, it is obvious that no medically trained person has dared to challenge these very many tediously wrong ideas.

Myself, and other scientific-medically trained people might try to remove the dangerous, expensive mistakes here? Just one myth at a time. With separate thread headings to each please.

Unfortunately these myths seem unavailable to any amendments on this site, due to forums being locked, etc. I am so sorry that properly qualified people are discouraged and/ or
not allowed to comment of these LOCKED MYTHS.

RogerSC

Re: Seriously wrong myths on this forum.

Post by RogerSC » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:26 am

Please give some examples of the myths that you'd like to address? I don't know about locking, any forum member or guest can start a new thread with any title they please, relevant is nice, though.

So I don't know what you're finding locked, or what myths (expensive or otherwise) you would like to address, since you haven't addressed any. If you want people to listen, you simply need to present content that's relevant to the purpose of this forum (talk about sleep apnea and therapies for it).

As Frasier Crane would say, I'm listening...

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:34 am

I think he has this forum confused with another one. He seems to respond here to topics on other forums. He keeps asking for a moderator, when we have told him several times that this forum is basically unmoderated. And I suspect the locked forums are somewhere else too. It is very rare for a thread to be locked here, and only after a LOT of flaming. I haven't seen one in a long time.

He starts a lot of threads here, but most of them seem to be a response to something that isn't here. Maybe he is reading a forum where the threads are locked, so he posts his replies here. Maybe he thinks the two websites are related.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

gregzeng

Post by gregzeng » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:19 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:I think he has this forum confused with another one. He seems to respond here to topics on other forums. He keeps asking for a moderator, when we have told him several times that this forum is basically unmoderated. And I suspect the locked forums are somewhere else too. It is very rare for a thread to be locked here, and only after a LOT of flaming. I haven't seen one in a long time.

He starts a lot of threads here, but most of them seem to be a response to something that isn't here. Maybe he is reading a forum where the threads are locked, so he posts his replies here. Maybe he thinks the two websites are related.
Sorry for my brief posts here. There is far more to my life than CPAP and this forum.

You want URL's that prove that threads on this forum have been locked. You must be new to internet forums, the way you deliberately start crazy, off-topic messages that attack the messenger.

By law, in Australia and most (all?) nations, there is no such thing as free and open "speech". Legally many items and issues are illegal: state secrets, legally-signed secret-knowledge, etc. In many nations, including Australia, inciting violence and hate-speech is illegal. USA's biggest "free-speech" criminal (Edward Snowden) is to be criminally convicted, if ever the current USA government can reach him.

The locked topic that I first that I detected (url below). These LOCKED TOPICS are very normal, very expected by serious internet users like myself.

However, allowing crazy, serious and damaging myths to be perpetuated should be a legally pursued crimes against humanity, IMHO. As I dare to look at the many other myths here on this web site, I become more alarmed.

We all that both internet and "legally authoritative" judgements are usually wrong and erroneous. This year is the 400th (four centuries) that it took the Vatican (very scientific, very authoritative) to forgive Gallileo's mistake, that the planet Earth is the center of our universe.

viewtopic.php?t=88163

Topic locked
157 posts • Page 1 of 11 • 12345 ... 11
SleepWellCPAP

CPAP Basics - 3
Postby SleepWellCPAP on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 am

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:51 am

You left out some important information. The reason that thread you are referring to was locked by Carolyn Goodman, one of the forum owners, was because someone's contact information was posted which is a serious threat to someone's privacy.
agree with Carbonman.

""I edited out the contact information that was posted. One thing that will get me to edit a thread is when contact information about another member is posted.

I am locking this thread. Move on, there is nothing more to see here.

- Carolyn""

Maybe before you start posting meandering random nonsense that has no point that is completely taken out of context, you should do more research as to why an action occurred. But I know I am living in fantasyland.

49er

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:06 am

gregzeng wrote: Sorry for my brief posts here. There is far more to my life than CPAP and this forum.
Your posts are NOT brief. They are random and meandering. Mostly talking about yourself.
You want URL's that prove that threads on this forum have been locked. You must be new to internet forums, the way you deliberately start crazy, off-topic messages that attack the messenger.
Not at all. I got my first dialup modem in 1993, back when forums were text based newsgroups. I was also taught netiquette, where you join a group, listen for awhile, and get a feeling for the group and how it is run before jumping in and making a fool of oneself. Something you were apparently never taught.

By law, in Australia and most (all?) nations, there is no such thing as free and open "speech". Legally many items and issues are illegal: state secrets, legally-signed secret-knowledge, etc. In many nations, including Australia, inciting violence and hate-speech is illegal. USA's biggest "free-speech" criminal (Edward Snowden) is to be criminally convicted, if ever the current USA government can reach him.

So, are you unhappy with this forum because we have free speech? There are plenty of mistakes posted here, but other people come along and correct them. Just as we correct some of your posts after you post. It all works out.

The locked topic that I first that I detected (url below). These LOCKED TOPICS are very normal, very expected by serious internet users like myself.

So you expect locked topics to be normal, yet you complain about the ONE locked topic you found? Really? Why? The thread is from 2 years ago, turned ugly, and then somebody posted a person's contact information, something that went too far. So, it was shut down. One of the rare times that the owner steps in. You keep complaining about moderators not doing anything, yet you complain about a rare locked thread?

However, allowing crazy, serious and damaging myths to be perpetuated should be a legally pursued crimes against humanity, IMHO. As I dare to look at the many other myths here on this web site, I become more alarmed.
Stop rambling and just start a topic about a myth and discuss it. Instead of whining about the forum and making vague accusations, just post the topic and discuss the topic. Stop wasting your time posting about how educated you are. We have no reason to believe it. Anybody can make that up. So, just state your case and prepare to debate it.

viewtopic.php?t=88163

CPAP Basics - 3
Postby SleepWellCPAP on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 am

Are you SleepWellCpap? Several of us have pondered whether you were here promoting a book, so it would make sense that you are the same author who was trying to sell his book here before. And he was posting some pretty strange stuff back then. I did wonder if you were somebody returning with a new user name. It would make sense since you clearly despise this forum.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:29 am

gregzeng wrote:Those of us with biological science backgrounds can be very upset by the very many mistakes & myths on this web site. As a newcomer to this web site, it is obvious that no medically trained person has dared to challenge these very many tediously wrong ideas.

Myself, and other scientific-medically trained people might try to remove the dangerous, expensive mistakes here? Just one myth at a time. With separate thread headings to each please.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:56 am

GZ - If you don't like the forum - as it is, and as the rest of us are happy with - go away. Why keep returning with more of your nonsense when you clearly disagree with everything here? You're NOT going to change us to fit your strange and erroneous ideas... not going to happen, and you're certainly not educating anyone except in how to annoy strangers on a forum, big time. Just go away, go bother some other forum or people you don't like!

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:04 am

zoocrewphoto wrote: Are you SleepWellCpap? Several of us have pondered whether you were here promoting a book, so it would make sense that you are the same author who was trying to sell his book here before. And he was posting some pretty strange stuff back then. I did wonder if you were somebody returning with a new user name. It would make sense since you clearly despise this forum.
This person is definitely not SleepWellCpap.

gregzeng writing style is way off and very distict, he uses the same UserID or a slightly different modification of it has no desire or inclination to be anonymous, it is quite easy to locate his ramblings on comment systems all over the place where he uses the same name, profile picture etc.. He classifies himself as an Retired (medical) IT Consultant but clearly either never was or was before he has changed drastically since his writing style and rambling are not that of an IT professional in any field.

He has just found a place he can play without anyone blocking him much like the commenting systems he uses on various websites many of them are off topic and incoherent. He won't leave until he gets bored if that is even a possibility.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:50 am

You can google Greg Zeng and see who he is.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:29 am

gregzeng wrote:Those of us with biological science backgrounds can be very upset by the very many mistakes & myths on this web site. As a newcomer to this web site, it is obvious that no medically trained person has dared to challenge these very many tediously wrong ideas.

Unfortunately these myths seem unavailable to any amendments on this site, due to forums being locked, etc. I am so sorry that properly qualified people are discouraged and/ or
not allowed to comment of these LOCKED MYTHS.
You sound like a drunk with a grudge. Your inability to be specific says that you are not 'trained' except perhaps to be an arrogant jackass. Since your second post in this thread merely seeks to insult others, please, take your own advice and live your life elsewhere.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:37 am

Krelvin wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote: Are you SleepWellCpap? Several of us have pondered whether you were here promoting a book, so it would make sense that you are the same author who was trying to sell his book here before. And he was posting some pretty strange stuff back then. I did wonder if you were somebody returning with a new user name. It would make sense since you clearly despise this forum.
This person is definitely not SleepWellCpap.

gregzeng writing style is way off and very distict, he uses the same UserID or a slightly different modification of it has no desire or inclination to be anonymous, it is quite easy to locate his ramblings on comment systems all over the place where he uses the same name, profile picture etc.. He classifies himself as an Retired (medical) IT Consultant but clearly either never was or was before he has changed drastically since his writing style and rambling are not that of an IT professional in any field.

He has just found a place he can play without anyone blocking him much like the commenting systems he uses on various websites many of them are off topic and incoherent. He won't leave until he gets bored if that is even a possibility.[/quote

+100000000000] Exactly the same as those "other" spammers we have had over the years... they won't leave until they have pissed off the majority of posters here or he/she gets bored
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:44 am

Before responding in this thread, I did a tiny bit of research and found a post by another member, quoting the OP as saying that he is the victim of a traumatic brain injury and currently in a nursing facility. I can neither confirm or deny this (because I couldn't dedicate enough time to finding the original post by him) but based on what he is posting, I would venture to guess it is very likely the reality. His posts are pretty incoherent and even if he's NOT suffering from a traumatic brain injury, his posts make no sense and truly aren't worth the time and effort to engage him.

I suggest instead of engaging him and getting angry, how about we have compassion and assume that he is unable to control what he is posting. He's just a poor man suffering from something most of us (not all, but most) just cannot relate to.

And if that's not the case, let him make an ass of himself, all by himself.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:12 am

Madalot; I concur 100%.
in addition, we may be dealing with someone who is off his regular meds.
Maybe even dangerous.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.