Importance of Sleep Study Nurse (Theory)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gregzeng

Re: Importance of Sleep Study Nurse (Theory)

Post by gregzeng » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:12 am

SleepyGramps wrote:Ever since I first donned a CPAP mask, I have had positive feelings toward it. Why? Well, on that fateful night, May 16-17 1990, an attractive female nurse waited on me. Since then, I have associated CPAP with being nurtured and cared for. Much later, in my second sleep study, I had a male nurse attach those damn annoying sensors which got in the way when I had to get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom, but my positive attitude toward CPAP was already ingrained.

So is this something that the medical community overlooks? Shouldn't all sleep study nurses be attractive females? At least for guys? I don't know about gals.
Agreed, sort of ...
If you are a heterosexual male, or homosexual female, yes - you are correct this time.

If you are an educated professional like myself, I like the comfort of expert technicians. For Dr. Gregory House, on the TV series: HOUSE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(TV_series)

I feel very sorry who people who like the professional incompetence of those majority of technicians who only claim to competence is a good bedside manner. Many serious academic studies have shown these people attitudes usually mean technical incompetence.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:58 am

SleepyGramps wrote: Shouldn't all sleep study nurses be attractive females?
Have at it, guys.

But, it's going to cost you big bucks.

DeadlySleep

Post by DeadlySleep » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 am

wrote:SleepyGramps wrote:
Shouldn't all sleep study nurses be attractive females?
That must be just for over-the-hill dudes.

I wouldn't sleep a wink knowing a hot babe was watching me all night.