Lincare Bills Before Insurance

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
filovirus

Lincare Bills Before Insurance

Post by filovirus » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:46 pm

I have been with Lincare for the past couple of years and go through a routine of getting my supplies, then getting a bill for 100% of the inflated cost before there is ever an EOB received. Once I get the EOB, I pay Lincare the amount I am obligated to pay over the internet. Then it seems like I get 1-2 past due notices for each month's supplies. Getting them on the phone is near impossible too.

Is there a DME that doesn't do this crap to their customers? I get tired of opening their erroneous mail. I would love a DME that gets me the supplies I am due, waits for the EOB and insurance payment, THEN bills me for what I owe.

Thanks,

Filo.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Lincare Bills Before Insurance

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:06 pm

If you are on Medicare, use my link.
If not, contact your insurance to see who is in their network, do your research, and change DME's.
Or do what I did, and order everything from cpap.com until you can get Medicare.

fj62

Post by fj62 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:37 pm

My wife had Apria and they were the worst. They wanted a credit card number to assure payment when the insurance company sends payment directly to Apria. Lincare has been good for me. I guess it depends where you live and quality of the employees involved. Maybe I should feel lucky. Lincare's on line payment website is very easy to use and saves time writing checks. I will be needing to pay when deductibles come due again in January. I received Lincare's bill a week or 2 after I received my coverage letter from my insurance company so I knew a bill was coming.
Pittsburgh, PA
ResMed Air Sense Auto 10

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:35 pm

fj62 wrote:My wife had Apria and they were the worst. They wanted a credit card number to assure payment when the insurance company sends payment directly to Apria.
Crapria is currently the strong leader in poor and even corrupt service. Soul draining and greedy is just the tip of the iceberg. LimpCare is trying hard to unseat them, so if they want to win they will have to adopt the evil credit card scam which Crapria has perfected. Who will win and become the devil's favorite? Stay tuned.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Sheffey

Post by Sheffey » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:42 pm

filovirus wrote:I have been with Lincare for the past couple of years and go through a routine of getting my supplies, then getting a bill for 100% of the inflated cost before there is ever an EOB received. Once I get the EOB, I pay Lincare the amount I am obligated to pay over the internet. Then it seems like I get 1-2 past due notices for each month's supplies. Getting them on the phone is near impossible too.
The eight years my mother was in a nursing home, this was standard practice for all her providers that sent me bills. (I handled all Mom's finances.)

At first it bothered me. But then, I started putting the bills in a file and ignoring them. This part of life became worry free for me. Eventually Medicare paid all of the bills. In the meantime, not one at the providers ever called to fuss about a late payment. It seems to be "business as usual".

Maybe you also should take a "What, me worry?" attitude.
Sheffey