Humidifier RESMED AIRSENSE 10 For Her question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lindalam89

Humidifier RESMED AIRSENSE 10 For Her question

Post by lindalam89 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:59 am

I am loving my new airsense for her machine so far. But I did notice the humidifcation is not as strong as my old PRS1. On My old Philips Apap machine, I had to turn off System One Humidification on the clinician settings. This allowed more condensation/water to come in and reach my airway. That sounded off... what I mean is I had to fiddle with my System one to allow the humidifier to soothe my dry throat. Is there a option with the airsense for her? I've tried amping up the humidity setting to 8. Didn't provide the relief I wanted. My throat still got dry and my breathing started to get clogged.

I checked the clinician settings but dont see an option to turn off or on some kind of special humidifier setting. Any suggestion?

I do use the hose connector, and put my machine in the bottom drawer. I also have a hose cozy. What's even weirder is that I only fill the humidifier to half line and in the morning, It is still half line but some condensation on the top lid.
ResMed AirSense 11
AutoSet For HerModel
PAP Mode: Auto for Her
Min 7.2 Max 12.6 (cmH2O)
humidifier: 8
Amara view face mask
99% mask fit

Viperchic

Re: Humidifier RESMED AIRSENSE 10 For Her question

Post by Viperchic » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:23 pm

I'm not sure of any settings to try that you haven't already. I have the same machine and the humidifier works too well sometimes. It sounds like your humidifier may not be working.

fj62

Post by fj62 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:36 pm

As Viperchic said your machine is either not working or the humidity is set to low. My humidity is set at 81% and I am refilling my water every 2 days. I am getting a few water drops in my hose since temperatures are falling. Directions are in your manual to change humidity settings.
Pittsburgh, PA
ResMed Air Sense Auto 10

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Turn on your CPAP and humidifier for a few minutes.....carefully remove the humidifier cup and feel the bottom. If it is warm, it,s working.

lindalam89

Post by lindalam89 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:45 pm

I definitely see condensation in my humidifier box. Not sure why I don't see any in my hose. I think the plate turns hot. I'm wondering if the water is having a hard time going down and through the tube.

Can you clarify about the percentage? I only see a 1 to 8 setting. It's been chilly here lately. Reaching mid to high 50s. But I live in SF so we have high humidity here. I don't know if the machine is detecting that and automatically adjusting. I know my PRS1 did that so I had to turn off system one.
ResMed AirSense 11
AutoSet For HerModel
Min 7.2 Max 12.6 (cmH2O)
Amara view face mask
99% mask fit

Viperchic

Post by Viperchic » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:50 pm

I have mine set to 4 and go through about half a tank a night.

bobmc

Post by bobmc » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Ok, some questions:

1) Are you using ClimatelineAir heated hose? The manual states: Climate Control can be set to either Auto or Manual and is only available
when both the ClimateLineAir and the HumidAir humidifier are attached.

2) Are you running in auto or manual mode?

If in Auto mode, it doesn't matter what you set the humidity setting to. From the manual:

Climate Control Auto
Climate Control Auto is the recommended and default setting. Climate Control Auto is designed to make therapy as easy as possible, so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity settings. The Tube Temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).

Climate Control Manual
In Climate Control Manual, the Tube Temperature and the Humidity Level can be set independently however, rainout protection is not guaranteed. If rainout does occur, first try increasing the tube temperature. If the air temperature becomes too warm and rainout continues, try decreasing the humidity.

lindalam89

Post by lindalam89 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm on auto for her mode. I do not see a setting section for climate air control? Is this under clinician settings? I would like to put humidification on manual but I'm not sure if that's available on the for her mode?

I used my old resporonics standard tube. Not heated hose
ResMed AirSense 11
AutoSet For HerModel
Min 7.2 Max 12.6 (cmH2O)
Amara view face mask
99% mask fit

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:23 pm

lindalam89 wrote:I definitely see condensation in my humidifier box. Not sure why I don't see any in my hose. I think the plate turns hot. I'm wondering if the water is having a hard time going down and through the tube.

Can you clarify about the percentage? I only see a 1 to 8 setting. It's been chilly here lately. Reaching mid to high 50s. But I live in SF so we have high humidity here. I don't know if the machine is detecting that and automatically adjusting. I know my PRS1 did that so I had to turn off system one.

The humidifier definitely takes the room humidity into account.

bobmc

Post by bobmc » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:29 pm

lindalam89 wrote:I'm on auto for her mode. I do not see a setting section for climate air control? Is this under clinician settings? I would like to put humidification on manual but I'm not sure if that's available on the for her mode?
The Climate Control settings are considered Comfort Settings and are available on my machine without going to the clinician settings. When I go to settings, Climate Control, Temperature, and Humidity are the 2nd through 4th items on the screen.

I don't remember if I had to go to the clinicians menu and set Essentials to Plus or not. I don't think so, I think Plus just gave me additional information (AHI, etc) instead of just smiley faces on the sleep report screen.

The manual doesn't say what it does if you don't have a ClimateLineAir tube, it just says the Climate Control isn't available if you're not using one.

lindalam89

Post by lindalam89 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:30 pm

I must be missing something. I have plus on and I tried off. I don't see a option other than turning the humidity level to 8 and a warm up.
ResMed AirSense 11
AutoSet For HerModel
Min 7.2 Max 12.6 (cmH2O)
Amara view face mask
99% mask fit

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:38 am

Without the Climateline hose you only have the Humidity level setting (off - 8 ). When you plug in the Climateline hose it automatically defaults to auto but you can then go in and change to manual with separate humidity and temperature settings. But to see these settings you must have the Climateline hose plugges in to the machine.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 am

Go into the clinical settings and adjust it to manual. Then try different settings. The AUTO didn't seem to give me adequate humidity so I did that. Now that it's colder out, I plugged in my heated hose and turned it back to AUTO and all is mostly fine again (I have slightly too much moisture now). Every home has different conditions, so switching it out sometimes helps.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

lindalam89

Post by lindalam89 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:27 pm

OkyDoky wrote:Without the Climateline hose you only have the Humidity level setting (off - 8 ). When you plug in the Climateline hose it automatically defaults to auto but you can then go in and change to manual with separate humidity and temperature settings. But to see these settings you must have the Climateline hose plugges in to the machine.
Sounds like I need the heated hose? The climateline is Resmed's heated hose right?

Does that mean if I use my old philips hose, I wont get any humidity effect at all? Or I will get some but probably not the same if I had the climateline?
ResMed AirSense 11
AutoSet For HerModel
Min 7.2 Max 12.6 (cmH2O)
Amara view face mask
99% mask fit

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:05 pm

lindalam89 wrote:
OkyDoky wrote:Without the Climateline hose you only have the Humidity level setting (off - 8 ). When you plug in the Climateline hose it automatically defaults to auto but you can then go in and change to manual with separate humidity and temperature settings. But to see these settings you must have the Climateline hose plugges in to the machine.
Sounds like I need the heated hose?Personal preference. You would gain heat, possible prevention of rainout, the auto setting where the machine adjusts to changing room humidity, and the ability to manually control tube temp separate from humidity. The climateline is Resmed's heated hose right? This is the model for Airsense 10 https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... ve-10.html

Does that mean if I use my old philips hose, I wont get any humidity effect at all? You still have the settings up to 8 for the heated humidifier.Or I will get some but probably not the same if I had the climateline?See above.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760