Stop the pain

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ezra90

Re: Stop the pain

Post by ezra90 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:01 am

camiphoenix wrote:Thank you everyone for the responses.

Julie: I haven't changed the humidity settings on my machine at all. They are on the default settings from when cdg paris transfer my distributor set it up according to my doctor's recommendations.

Wulfman: Thank you for the link to the manual. I have downloaded it and will be studying it at work today. I appreciate it.

OkyDoky: Yes, that is the hose my machine came with. I will consult the manual and start experimenting with the heat and humidity controls.

Zoocrewphoto & Chunkyfrog: I will try variations with the heat and humidity for a while to see if that helps, and if I am still having difficulty then I will switch up to another style of mask.

I am looking forward to experimenting with all of the information this group has provided me. I would have done so last night, but a storm took out our power. Hopefully power will be restored today. Thank you all.
Hopefully it is resolved quickly!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Stop the pain

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:56 am

When using nasal pillows the first time, I remember slightly more sensation inside my nose,
BUT NOT IN MY SINUSES. --and NOT pain; maybe a little itch, but that is all.
I still think the OP should see an ENT about a possible sinus INFECTION.
Sinus pain has never been a side effect of cpap treatment for me.
Of course there could be some confusion as to where one's sinuses might be . . .
This is not uncommon. Please consult images available on the internet.