CPAPfit Pillow - Trial Offer for Feedback & Reviews

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoocrewphoto

Re: CPAPfit Pillow - Trial Offer for Feedback & Reviews

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:07 am

I got mine less than a week ago, and I really like it. I didn't take it with me when I traveled since I already have a pillow packed with my blanket. So, I've only used it 4 nights now. I will wait a little longer before leaving a review. But it will definitely be positive. I have been hesitant to buy a pillow like this since I like firm pillows, and I tend to sleep with two pillows, almost vertical. So, this is a little different. It doesn't sit as high, but I have been very comfortable. I'm not moving around much or waking up enough to check the clock. I'm very happy with it.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:04 am

Hi all,
I was one who took up the offer of trying the Form-Fit pillow. And I'm so thankful that I did! I tend to sleep both on my sides and on my stomach, as well as my back. The only pillow that I had found that seemed to work best was my old down pillow. Then I tried this Form-Fit Pillow. I was concerned when I got it that it would be too firm, but I followed the instructions and removed half of the buckwheat hulls and put back any removed foam pieces. I was very surprised and delighted. I've been using the pillow for 2 weeks now {except for the night when I decided to retry my old pillow and threw it on the floor halfway through the night and replaced it with the Form-fit pillow). The pillow is as near perfect for me as can be. I can sleep on either side, back or stomach and the pillow easily adjusts to whatever support my head/mask and position I desire, and stays there! This will continue to be my pillow!

THANKS SLEEPY GUY!

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 pm

jagzoo wrote:THANKS SLEEPY GUY!
Thanks to both of you for your feedback. It's good to hear it's working well for you!

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Ok so I this trial was over-subscribed but I have reopened it and just now have been back through all of the requests and have provided responses.

If you would like to participate please contact me as per the initial posting.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:58 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I always thought I needed a soft pillow, but I was wrong.
Now, I know the firm but very slightly cushy give was just what I needed.
This pillow gives me enough support to keep my poor neck happy.
This is one of my favorite comments because it's exactly what I have discovered myself.

We are brainwashed to think that a soft pillow is most desirable.

What I have learned is that soft pillows provide no support. It's support that our head and neck want. Most pillows rely on a SPRING for support but that's not what you want, either. Any pillow with a spring will put pressure back into your head.

What the body really needs is firm, adjustable, neutral SUPPORT. If the support is both firm and adjustable then it's also comfortable because it will support your head and neck exactly where you need them to be supported. That's the ultimate comfort.

You just have to experience this for yourself. There's no other pillow like this on the planet.

woodworkerjunkie

Post by woodworkerjunkie » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:01 am

I just sent you an email with info attached. I'm still using the one you sent me last year and must say that it has helped out my neck problems somewhat. I would be more than happy to test your new design and give feedback.

Thanks!
woodworkerjunkie

mike1953

Post by mike1953 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:13 pm

I have been using this new version for a week now and find the bamboo cover much better than the all cotton one of the past. I also like the slightly more foam fill gives a better fit to my neck and head. My significant other is now using my other one. She is finding out the benefits of the sleep quality buckwheat hull and foam pillows provide. Thanks.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:21 pm

I got the cotton cover with mine, and I use a pillowcase over it.
--easier to wash.
Maybe I'll look for a bamboo pillowcase.

Funkdoobiest

Post by Funkdoobiest » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:14 pm

i look forward to trying one of your pillows.

jab1972

Post by jab1972 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:07 pm

I've been using the pillow for about a month now. Time enough for a good sense of using it, I think.

I'm a stomach & side sleeper, which can often make pillows tough, as they can dislodge my mask. After removing the better part of 2/3 of the stuffing, the size of the CPAPfit pillow seems just right for what I need. I kept the rest of it in the provided storage bag so I can add more stuffing as needed. One of the first things I noticed when using the pillow was that I wasn't tossing & turning as much. I'd fall asleep in one position and often wake up at the end of the night in the same spot, feeling very well rested. I think that's a great sign for a comfortable pillow.

The mix of foam & buckwheat hulls is firm, but not in a bad way. Really, the only thing that took getting used to was the sound of the filling when I move the pillow around. Nothing bad, but not what I was used to.

Thank you Bret, for giving me the opportunity to try it out. I tried to leave an Amazon review for the product, but it only gave me the option of reviewing the seller. If you know how to fix that, shoot me a PM. I'd love to write a review there as well.

unkajonet

Post by unkajonet » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:27 pm

I've had the pillow for a few weeks now, and I am very happy with it.

I initially removed a good portion of the filling as per instructions, and then over the next few weeks, slowly added the buckwheat/foam back to the pillow to get it to where it was most comfortable for me. There was some initial "settling" of the filling as I used it, but now, it's absolutely perfect. I'm primarily a side sleeper, with some tossing and turning to my back and stomach. The support from the pillow works great in all various sleep positions I find myself in.

Thanks Bret for being so generous. This is a great pillow.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:59 pm

I have been using the pillow for a couple of week now ... and I would echo what others have said ... the best pillow I have ever used ... thanks so much for the trial, and I will probably purchase another one for my wife.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Cokomo

Post by Cokomo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:26 am

Have had the pillow for a few weeks now. Removed about 1/3 of the filling. It really has helped me with my ffm staying in place, resulting in less leaks and lower AHI. I am sleeping better. Would purchase this pillow even if I didn't have OSA. Very comfortable.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:32 am

This is a great pillow. The ability to remove or add hulls and foam coupled with scrunching allows me to shape the pillow to fit my sensitive neck and allows movement during the night. One of my cats absolutely adores this pillow, a bit of a race to see who reaches the pillow first at night, though she is learning I am not willing to share. I use a cotton pillow case for easy washing.
Thank you Bret

UMTerp

Post by UMTerp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:16 pm

This pillow has really made a difference in my ability to sleep well with my Dreamwear mask. I am a side sleeper and being able to move the hulls around to make a small indentation for the cheek hose straps feels much better than a regular pillow. I do find that I need to adjust the hulls on each side as I switch sides but it's not really a problem. Thank you SleepGuy for letting me take part in your discount program!