DreamWear mask is now pre order at cpap.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: DreamWear mask is now pre order at cpap.com

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Sometimes Respironics offers special pricing on their products. When that happens there isn't any "call for pricing" shown on the product page. This happens when Respironics themselves puts items on sale.
Don't be surprised if you see the PR S1 machines go on sale once the new DreamStation machines are in full release.

So if you see the "call for pricing" on the product page...call to get the discounted price.
If you don't see the "call for pricing" then the product is already on sale and can't be discounted any further.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:25 pm

I ordered one a few days ago and I just now got an email saying it has shipped! Looking forward to it and hopefully it will be a great mask!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:24 pm

I also just now got an email from cpap.com that it was shipped today.
Typically 3 business days for me because everything seems to go to KC first and then down to me.
Sometimes to KC twice.
So if I am really lucky...Monday delivery but I won't be surprised if it is a Tues or Wed delivery.
Everything seem to take the scenic route to me and takes its own sweet time.
We had a major post office hub in Springfield but it closed earlier this year so everything takes at least a day longer for me both in sending and receiving.

I just got a notice that one of my Amazon purchases was out for delivery today...sigh...it's got a USPS tracking number and my postal courier has come and gone today. Gotta love it.
Maybe tomorrow....at least we still have Sat mail delivery where I live.

I also went to my DME yesterday as it was time for my once every 6 month mask allotment per insurance and I ordered the Amara View. Been wanting to try it. They didn't have my size so they will mail it to me when they get one in (which was supposedly going to be today).
Looks like next week with be mask experimentation week.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SGearhart

Post by SGearhart » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:18 pm

I just got my DreamWear. The DreamWear, that I received, has the medium headgear with the small, medium, medium wide, and large nose piece. The instructions state "to use the smallest nose piece that will work for you". It has a sizing guide which is straight forward. It also comes with an optional mask frame fabric sleeve. . . nice! The main portion of the mask frame is the also the airway artery to the nose piece. If you lay on one side and cut off the air supply, the other side has enough volume area to make up for the restriction and you don't even notice it. I'm coming from a P10 setup and I have always used one size larger than what seemed to be the correct fit, so this will be an interesting night. The P10 just may have gotten some competition. JMHO

A quick observation; This unit is as quiet as the P10, lightweight, and comfortable. . . We'll see!

Last edited by SGearhart on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brattygirl65

Post by Brattygirl65 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:46 pm

I got my email today saying my mask shipped from cpap.com. Can't wait

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Yeah, got some real questions about it as a side sleeper...those tubes on the side of the face look problematic to me, but maybe they're not. I did see that if one side is flattened out then all the air can be carried by the tube on the other side. But it's hard for me to picture laying my face on a tube even if it flattens out, and having that be comfortable and not leave marks.

We'll see, I'm real curious *smile*.

Iamagolfer

Post by Iamagolfer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Pugsy wrote:I also just now got an email from cpap.com that it was shipped today.
Typically 3 business days for me because everything seems to go to KC first and then down to me.
Sometimes to KC twice.
So if I am really lucky...Monday delivery but I won't be surprised if it is a Tues or Wed delivery.
Everything seem to take the scenic route to me and takes its own sweet time.
We had a major post office hub in Springfield but it closed earlier this year so everything takes at least a day longer for me both in sending and receiving.

I just got a notice that one of my Amazon purchases was out for delivery today...sigh...it's got a USPS tracking number and my postal courier has come and gone today. Gotta love it.
Maybe tomorrow....at least we still have Sat mail delivery where I live.

I also went to my DME yesterday as it was time for my once every 6 month mask allotment per insurance and I ordered the Amara View. Been wanting to try it. They didn't have my size so they will mail it to me when they get one in (which was supposedly going to be today).
Looks like next week with be mask experimentation week.

I hope you like the Amara View. I have only been back on CPAP for over a week and it seems to work for me. Never thought I would like a 'full face' mask but this one is different. Takes a little getting used to the way it puffs out around the nostrils but IMO it is a keeper. I find it works well no matter which way I sleep (back/side) but each takes a a tiny adjustment when going from position to position. So happy I am finally having success since I've been intolerant of any mask since 1995. Still do want to try this new DreamWeaver too tho.

JasonK94Z

DreamWear mask is now pre order at cpap.com

Post by JasonK94Z » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:05 pm

RogerSC wrote:Yeah, got some real questions about it as a side sleeper...those tubes on the side of the face look problematic to me, but maybe they're not. I did see that if one side is flattened out then all the air can be carried by the tube on the other side. But it's hard for me to picture laying my face on a tube even if it flattens out, and having that be comfortable and not leave marks.

We'll see, I'm real curious *smile*.
I've been using the new Dreamwear mask for a week now. As a side sleeper, I can tell you that this mask will be no issue at all. I sleep on a tempurpedic pillow as well. My pillow is very firm and somewhat unforgiving. The frame tubes are soft silicon. My rx is 11-14 on my apap.

This mask was a life saver for me. I started with a respironics pico nasal mask. I hated it. Breathing out in it made my nose hot. This new Dreamwear mask is so comfortable.

Sizing it correctly is important to it functioning properly.

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:57 pm

JasonK94Z wrote:...As a side sleeper, ...
With the air feeds being on the sides of the head, do you hear any air flow or breath sounds?

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:33 am

JasonK94Z wrote: I've been using the new Dreamwear mask for a week now. As a side sleeper, I can tell you that this mask will be no issue at all. I sleep on a tempurpedic pillow as well. My pillow is very firm and somewhat unforgiving. The frame tubes are soft silicon. My rx is 11-14 on my apap.

This mask was a life saver for me. I started with a respironics pico nasal mask. I hated it. Breathing out in it made my nose hot. This new Dreamwear mask is so comfortable.

Sizing it correctly is important to it functioning properly.
Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing! I'm waiting to hear more *smile*. Always looking for a less intrusive mask.

curems

Post by curems » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:38 am

I tried it last night for the first time and loved it. I could probably use the small frame instead of medium and will be ordering it from cpap.com. It was only my second night after a cauterization so my nose was sensitive and I may have a bit over cautious about fitting.

I found it very comfortable and didn't notice any change when sleeping on my side - no pressure issues, no discomfort against my face, no sound from the pressure. I think the medium frame is slightly to big for me so that when I changed position, the weight of the hose tended to pull ever so slightly - I actually didn't' expect to like the hose attachment at the top of the head but found it was great.

As for leaks - I had one spike to 19 at a point when I was adjusting it (median was 1 and 95% was 9). To be honest, with just 2.5 month under my belt I'm not very clear on how people talk about leaks yet. I do sometimes feel some leaking (hard to tell at times since the A/C also blows right on me from the ceiling vent) but I've only had large leaks a few times (following a nosebleed, using a mask liner and using a FFM or the OptiLife) and those were only recorded in SleepyHead, both my Encore Basic and my doctor's reports show no large leaks whatsoever.

So far, I'm very happy with it. I love that it doesn't press on my nose and that I don't have insert pillows into my nose. And I love the fact that the hose is completely out of the way.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:57 am

curems wrote: I've only had large leaks a few times ... and those were only recorded in SleepyHead, both my Encore Basic and my doctor's reports show no large leaks whatsoever.
SleepyHead should just be reporting what the machine gathers but I found that SH defaults to create a red line for large leaks at 24 L/min and for the Respironics machines that red line is way too low and the statistics with show time in large leak when there really wasn't any time in large leak and no large leak flags will show up on the Events graph.

So you might look at SleepyHead and see where the red line leak number is set to.
Look in Preferences the the CPAP tab in upper right corner and maybe change the red line leak number to somewhere up around 75 to 90 (it varies with the pressure and mask used) so that SH won't show time in large leak when there wasn't any.

That 24 L/min red line is for ResMed machines so it's going to mess with Respironics users.
I discovered this by accident because I was using both brands and was seeing large % of time in large leak being reported but no real large leak flags on the events graph.

curems

Post by curems » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:30 am

Pugsy wrote:
curems wrote: I've only had large leaks a few times ... and those were only recorded in SleepyHead, both my Encore Basic and my doctor's reports show no large leaks whatsoever.
SleepyHead should just be reporting what the machine gathers but I found that SH defaults to create a red line for large leaks at 24 L/min and for the Respironics machines that red line is way too low and the statistics with show time in large leak when there really wasn't any time in large leak and no large leak flags will show up on the Events graph.

So you might look at SleepyHead and see where the red line leak number is set to.
Look in Preferences the the CPAP tab in upper right corner and maybe change the red line leak number to somewhere up around 75 to 90 (it varies with the pressure and mask used) so that SH won't show time in large leak when there wasn't any.

That 24 L/min red line is for ResMed machines so it's going to mess with Respironics users.
I discovered this by accident because I was using both brands and was seeing large % of time in large leak being reported but no real large leak flags on the events graph.
Thanks Pugsy. I'll look at that and check the comparison of where Encore says the red line is as opposed to SH.

CaptainRaven40

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:57 am

I am a P10 user and have had to start using a chin strap because of leakage. My mouth wants to come open which really sucks because the minimalistic style of the P10 is one of the huge pluses for me. I am really considering this mask to add to the Arsenal. I may go ahead and bite the bullet for it. It really looks very interesting and promising. I am also going to be due to get a whole new mask next month that's what the DME said. I have Medicare so I am not sure if that is really the case. I really hope so because I am looking at getting a full face mask as well. Looking at the Amara View mask. So we shall see. But this Dream Wear mask looks very promising. I am also a side and stomach sleeper so we will see.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:07 am

curems wrote:I'll look at that and check the comparison of where Encore says the red line is as opposed to SH.
Bear in mind that Encore doesn't ever give us a clear cut red line to go by and it's something we just have to sort of figure out as to where that red line actually is on the Encore reports.
It took me some time and lots of report evaluations to find that for my mask and my pressures I might see a total leak of 85 L/min and not get a red flag and maybe when I hit 90 L/min total leak I got a large leak flag...or if my pressure happened to be really high at the time and I hit 90 L/min I might not get a large leak flag.

Respironics has sort of as sliding "red" line when using variable pressures. It's simply going to vary with the pressures. Someone using 8 cm pretty much all night is going to have a lower "red line" than someone using 15 cm pretty much all night even if they are both using the same mask.

It makes for a lot of figuring out if one wants to get perfectly accurate and lots of figuring usually means lots of mental work and I am basically on the lazy side when it comes to mental work so I try to lessen the work load. For this reason I usually just pick a number on the conservative side of things for Respironics machines and make it my mental red line in the sand and as long as I stay below it I figure I am good to go.

SleepyHead reports both total leak and excess leak only on those Respironics machines.
The excess leak only calculations in SH are problematic and maybe not be spot on. Mark admitted to having problems finding suitable calculation codes for the sliding Respironics large leak area line in the sand.
For this reason I prefer to concentrate on total leak numbers but if one studies both SH and Encore (but with Encore set to show unintentional leak only) it is possible to come up with a fairly accurate line in the sand.

I hope with subsequent SH versions that there is some way for SH not to default to ResMed's line in the sand for Respironics users because I fear it could confusion and stress when they see so and so % of time in large leak when there really isn't any time spent in large leak and they spend time worrying and trying to fix something that doesn't need fixing.