resmed s7

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dt67

resmed s7

Post by dt67 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:16 am

I have a Resmed S7 that is in very good condition that I would like to sell. I was told that due to its age the popular CPAP buyers do not want it and that I might find someone on here that may be interested. I do not know how to get the hours out of it but it was not used for even a month before it was put away. we have no support where we live so I could not get it to work for me. I say very good condition due to it has been in the travel case since I received it. I am a nonsmoker and have the hose assembly and the mask if that is also wanted. I would like to get around $400 usd for it. If anyone is interested you can send me an email and I will respond. thank you for your time. davetott1@aol.com

ramblingasian

Re: resmed s7

Post by ramblingasian » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:35 am

Wow. $400 is a ton of money considering that you're selling a machine that is three generations old now.

EDIT: When retailers are selling used S9 units for the same amount as your S7, there is no way you're going to get anywhere near $400.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:38 am

You want $400 for a very old S7... you might get $40, but I would not hold my breath on that. Can you donate it to your local sleep apnea group, there maybe someone who can't afford a machine that needs one badly.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:48 am

dt67 wrote:I have a Resmed S7 that is in very good condition that I would like to sell. I was told that due to its age the popular CPAP buyers do not want it and that I might find someone on here that may be interested. I do not know how to get the hours out of it but it was not used for even a month before it was put away. we have no support where we live so I could not get it to work for me. I say very good condition due to it has been in the travel case since I received it. I am a nonsmoker and have the hose assembly and the mask if that is also wanted. I would like to get around $400 usd for it. If anyone is interested you can send me an email and I will respond. thank you for your time. davetott1@aol.com
First of all, you didn't say which model it was.
Second, it has to be about or over 10 years old.......regardless of how good of condition it is or how little use it has had.
Third, you're dreaming about getting that much for that machine......which is undoubtedly non-data-capable. ( a "brick" )

A realistic price would be somewhere around $15.......and you pay the shipping. I would suggest using it or donating it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the reality of this. There has been a glut of machines on the market in the last few years and newer, fully-data-capable, lightly-used machines are going for much less than what you're asking. Heck, I've even seen some brand new machines selling for what you're asking.
https://www.cpap.com is currently running a sale on P/R 560 Autos for about what you're asking for a 10-year-old machine.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-sys ... tooth.html

What you're asking is approximately what CPAP.COM was selling them for in 2005 when they were new.

These are actual prices from their price list in April of 2005 that I saved.

$435.00 S7 Elite CPAP with bag, hose and manuals
$565.00 S7 Elite CPAP, HumidAire 2i Heated Humidifier with bag, hose and manuals
$325.00 S7 Lightweight CPAP with bag, hose and manuals
$455.00 S7 Lightweight CPAP, HumidAire 2i Heated Humidifier with bag, hose and manuals
$535.00 AutoSet Respond Auto CPAP with bag, hose and manuals
$665.00 AutoSet Respond Auto CPAP, HumidAire 2i Heated Humidifer with bag, hose and manuals
$555.00 AutoSet Spirit Auto CPAP with bag, hose and manuals
$695.00 AutoSet Spirit Auto CPAP, Humidaire 2i Heated Humidifer with bag, hose and manuals
$805.00 AutoSet Spirit Auto CPAP, HumidAire 2i Heated Humidifer, Autoscan 5.4 Software with bag, hose and

Welcome to the REAL WORLD!!!

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:26 pm

dt67 wrote: the popular CPAP buyers do not want it and that I might find someone on here that may be interested.
Are you saying I am not popular?

archangle

Post by archangle » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:33 pm

It's basically worthless. You'd only sell it to some fool who doesn't know better, or maybe for $25 or so to someone who's really hard up for cash.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Donate it somewhere and you can feel good about yourself... priceless.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

The Choker

Post by The Choker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:Donate it somewhere and you can feel good about yourself... priceless.
You must be a liberal. You know the machine is worthless. Yet, you would feel great about yourself if you donated the worthless machine.

That's a liberal basic tenet - Intentions matter, never mind whether there are any good results.

It's true.
T.C.

dt67

Post by dt67 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:09 pm

first of all I am most certainly not a liberal. the price came from one of those "popular" buyers that didn't want it. I am not trying to rip anyone off. I did not know what they are or aren't worth. they suggested this forum and maybe if someone had one already and needed a new one or parts that they might be interested. I was willing to look at any reasonable offer but it looks like there may not be a whole lot of reasonable people on here. instead of trying to find out why I was asking so much or filling me in on that fact nicely it seems that most of you have nothing better to do except give me a bunch of crap. that is the kind of things liberals do. I don't mind donating it but I would want to make sure that it went to someone who really needs it. I have seen too many of those donations not really help the people who need help. hopefully you feel better about yourselves now that you tried to label me for what you thought I was not who I am.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:33 pm

dt67 wrote:first of all I am most certainly not a liberal. the price came from one of those "popular" buyers that didn't want it. I am not trying to rip anyone off. I did not know what they are or aren't worth. they suggested this forum and maybe if someone had one already and needed a new one or parts that they might be interested. I was willing to look at any reasonable offer but it looks like there may not be a whole lot of reasonable people on here. instead of trying to find out why I was asking so much or filling me in on that fact nicely it seems that most of you have nothing better to do except give me a bunch of crap. that is the kind of things liberals do. I don't mind donating it but I would want to make sure that it went to someone who really needs it. I have seen too many of those donations not really help the people who need help. hopefully you feel better about yourselves now that you tried to label me for what you thought I was not who I am.
I tried to be as nice as I could, under the circumstances.
But, you apparently didn't do your homework (or much of it) before you said you'd like to get $400 for it. You could have posted that you had a like-new S7 "whatever model name" and asked what it might be worth, but instead you put the dollar amount in the post. You also could have also suggested "or best offer".

You still didn't state what specific model it was.

But, other than for an emergency "spare" or camping machine, those CPAPs aren't very desirable and have virtually no value.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ramblingasian

Post by ramblingasian » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:36 pm

How can you call people unreasonable when it's clear that your prices are out in left field?

I hate to say this to you, but as other people have written, at $400, I can get a two generation newer machine with all the accessories and a warranty.

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:00 pm

dt67 wrote:the price came from one of those "popular" buyers that didn't want it.
I would give you $1200 if I wanted it. But I don't want it.

Maybe you can edit your original post and say what you would like to have now that you have a better idea of the worthlessness of an old machine.

$50? Price of shipping? Free?

Just let the post sit. You never know when someone comes along who can use a free or nearly free old machine.
dt67 wrote:first of all I am most certainly not a liberal.
The Choker was not calling you a liberal.

archangle

Post by archangle » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Let's be reasonable. He was probably told by his DME that the machine, masks, etc. were worth $3000 when new. It may have even said that on the bill, although insurance usually knocks down the fantasy price.

The machine probably still works about as good as it did when new. $400 might sound reasonable.

However it's not worth much because since the S7 machine, CPAP machines have improved a lot. It's like a World War I biplane vs. a 1950's jet.

Also, the going price for used CPAP equipment is really low. $300 for a top of the line S9 or PRS1 machine is about right, and the brand new models aren't much, if any, better.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:33 am

I bought my Resmed S9 autoset (way newer model, much better features) last year for only $200 on craigslist, with a brand new, still sealed climateline heated hose.

I think the Resmed S8 models are lucky to get $100. I have seen some for $50. I sold my mom's Respironics machine that was about 10 years old for $25. The guy who bought it was actually using it for the blower and had some project in mind.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:06 am

There are always people begging for help with buying a cheap machine on this forum. I wish you would just keep your perfectly good, but old, machine till one of these people pops up, then send it to him.