I'm At Crossroads: Do I need to go back on Seroquel?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
postitnote

Re: I'm At Crossroads: Do I need to go back on Seroquel?

Post by postitnote » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:00 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Fill the scrip one last time, get a large glass of water, line all the pills up in front of you . . .
Well, everybody is thinking it--somebody had to say it!
See, there is a third choice--not the right one, guaranteed!
Look at the other two, choose what you have NOT done,
And DO THAT!
I haven't been here in a long time but are you (chunky frog) really suggesting he kill himself? How dare you! If anything happens, even an attempt, you should be prosecuted!

Enchanter, please stop coming here. Get an attorney and have them write a letter to the place that lost your records and refuses to give you am machine and mask. Just stay away from this place! It's not healthy for you.
Morbius, are you bored?

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:01 pm

curems wrote:
Madalot wrote:
49er wrote:I understand people's frustrations but again,

""In fact I'm convinced that people's staying engaged with him on this forum -- no matter how well intended -- is keeping him distracted and disinclined to seek the help he really needs and which no one here is in a position to provide. I have compassion for his suffering and I feel strongly that the most helpful thing all of us can do at this point is to draw the line, stop responding to all his posts, put an end to these dysfunctional circular dialogues, and hope that he will then turn his attention to getting the appropriate professional (medical and mental health) care."""
49er -- you're right. But here's the problem (and thus why I'm leaning more towards troll) --

People STOP helping. Enchanter disappears for 7-10 days, then comes back posting again. New people, really wanting to help, post and try to help him. Are we supposed to just ignore that and let those poor new people, who are probably still trying to figure out everything for themselves, waste time and get agitated over Enchanter's inability/unwillingness to help himself?

That's why I posted. I saw the thread and I honestly did say "Please...nobody post...just let this go down the page" and it worked for a few hours. But then a new member saw it and wanted to help.

Those of us on this board for a LONG time have seen it over and over again. A user by the name of Eric (which is why I believe somebody called Enchanter 'Eric') did this to the board for a very long time. Get veterans irritated, disappear for 7-14 days and come back and start it all over again.

Yes, veterans will ignore him, but for me, I can't idly stand by and watch the poor new member go through what we've been through so much.

As I said, this isn't about Enchanter anymore (although my last few posts would contradict that) -- it's about the poor new people that come in and don't know what they're dealing with.
I thought he was just a troll, too, until I saw this post. This is a mental illness that he refuses to really address (I'm not a doctor but did work in a mental hospital for a number of years and his medication is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder). There may be many others on this board who struggle with these diseases, and I mean no offense to anyone with these struggles, but the OP's refusal to acknowledge it and treat it is the problem here. And the problem for the forum is, as you say, that newbies don't know this and just want to try so hard to help someone. Perhaps a solution might be for someone in the know to simply be the first to reply to his posts that this is a case of untreated mental illness where the OP abandoned his mental health treatment and will not take any advice given on this board. Maybe that will help newbies understand the situation and not get caught in the spiral.
I was thinking this exact thing. But I believe it should be ONE person that does it, not a group effort. But, we still run the risk of the new person not believing the veteran who posts.

There's no simple or good answer for this. And I noticed that he started yet another thread. ::sigh::

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:25 pm

The new people don't have any choice but to answer his rants and circular logic, they don't have enough POLL'S to keep them busy, posting valuable info. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:39 pm

postitnote wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Fill the scrip one last time, get a large glass of water, line all the pills up in front of you . . .
And DO THAT!
I haven't been here in a long time but are you (chunky frog) really suggesting he kill himself? How dare you! If anything happens, even an attempt, you should be prosecuted!

Enchanter, please stop coming here. Get an attorney and have them write a letter to the place that lost your records and refuses to give you am machine and mask. Just stay away from this place! It's not healthy for you.
PIN, you have really BLOWN it! I stated that the large glass of water, etc. was a BAD IDEA.You might want to work on your reading comprehension. Or was that too big a word for your little PIN head?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:55 pm

Well the PIN is back......it took her several months to delete all of her 928 posts. Now she can start over.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:28 pm

LSAT wrote:Well the PIN is back......it took her several months to delete all of her 928 posts. Now she can start over.
chunkyfrog wrote:
PIN, you have really BLOWN it! I stated that the large glass of water, etc. was a BAD IDEA.You might want to work on your reading comprehension. Or was that too big a word for your little PIN head?
I didn't delete any of my posts. Glad you are still a moron. As for the fat frog, yeah, you implied. I read it correctly. You are evil. And now, I am out of here again. Save your fat little frog fingers and don't respond. You too LSAT. Don't care.
Morbius, are you bored?

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:39 pm

postitnote wrote:
LSAT wrote:Well the PIN is back......it took her several months to delete all of her 928 posts. Now she can start over.
chunkyfrog wrote:
I didn't delete any of my posts. Glad you are still a moron. As for the fat frog, yeah, you implied. I read it correctly. You are evil. And now, I am out of here again. Save your fat little frog fingers and don't respond. You too LSAT. Don't care.

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya ! Adios ! LOL.

flightco

Post by flightco » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:51 pm

postitnote wrote:
And DO THAT!

flightco

Post by flightco » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Madalot wrote:
curems wrote:
Madalot wrote:

""In fact I'm convinced that people's staying engaged with him on this forum -- no matter how well intended -- is keeping him distracted and disinclined to seek the help he really needs and which no one here is in a position to provide. I have compassion for his suffering and I feel strongly that the most helpful thing all of us can do at this point is to draw the line, stop responding to all his posts, put an end to these dysfunctional circular dialogues, and hope that he will then turn his attention to getting the appropriate professional (medical and mental health) care."""
49er -- you're right. But here's the problem (and thus why I'm leaning more towards troll) --

People STOP helping. Enchanter disappears for 7-10 days, then comes back posting again. New people, really wanting to help, post and try to help him. Are we supposed to just ignore that and let those poor new people, who are probably still trying to figure out everything for themselves, waste time and get agitated over Enchanter's inability/unwillingness to help himself?

That's why I posted. I saw the thread and I honestly did say "Please...nobody post...just let this go down the page" and it worked for a few hours. But then a new member saw it and wanted to help.

Those of us on this board for a LONG time have seen it over and over again. A user by the name of Eric (which is why I believe somebody called Enchanter 'Eric') did this to the board for a very long time. Get veterans irritated, disappear for 7-14 days and come back and start it all over again.

Yes, veterans will ignore him, but for me, I can't idly stand by and watch the poor new member go through what we've been through so much.

As I said, this isn't about Enchanter anymore (although my last few posts would contradict that) -- it's about the poor new people that come in and don't know what they're dealing with.
I thought he was just a troll, too, until I saw this post. This is a mental illness that he refuses to really address (I'm not a doctor but did work in a mental hospital for a number of years and his medication is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder). There may be many others on this board who struggle with these diseases, and I mean no offense to anyone with these struggles, but the OP's refusal to acknowledge it and treat it is the problem here. And the problem for the forum is, as you say, that newbies don't know this and just want to try so hard to help someone. Perhaps a solution might be for someone in the know to simply be the first to reply to his posts that this is a case of untreated mental illness where the OP abandoned his mental health treatment and will not take any advice given on this board. Maybe that will help newbies understand the situation and not get caught in the spiral.
I was thinking this exact thing. But I believe it should be ONE person that does it, not a group effort. But, we still run the risk of the new person not believing the veteran who posts.

There's no simple or good answer for this. And I noticed that he started yet another thread. ::sigh::
I understand that some of the more seasoned folks here have the ability to delete posts as spam; maybe those that have this privilege should simply delete anything E posts as soon as it is seen. If it is not on the board, it cannot be responded to.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Funny isn't it!!!! Enchanter arrives back after being gone for awhile and then in comes Postitnote right behind him/her. Do you get the connection yet??????
They both leave at the same time and return at the same time.... it must be troll time again
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:04 pm

flightco wrote:
Madalot wrote:
curems wrote:
Madalot wrote:

I understand that some of the more seasoned folks here have the ability to delete posts as spam; maybe those that have this privilege should simply delete anything E posts as soon as it is seen. If it is not on the board, it cannot be responded to.
Flightco,

E will just repost everything and really do we want go down that road? What is to stop me from deleting someone's post because I don't like what they have written?

The best way to put a stop to this is to stop responding to his posts as various people have pointed out.

49er

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:07 pm

nanwilson wrote:Funny isn't it!!!! Enchanter arrives back after being gone for awhile and then in comes Postitnote right behind him/her. Do you get the connection yet??????
They both leave at the same time and return at the same time.... it must be troll time again
I feel confident in saying they're NOT connected and there is NO connection between the two.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:10 pm

flightco wrote:I understand that some of the more seasoned folks here have the ability to delete posts as spam; maybe those that have this privilege should simply delete anything E posts as soon as it is seen. If it is not on the board, it cannot be responded to.
Those of us who value the "Report Spam" buttons we have wouldn't want to risk losing them for deleting "legitimate" posts/threads. Now, you can debate the definition of "legitimate", but personally, I'm not and have never taken a chance on losing mine for any reason.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

flightco

Post by flightco » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
flightco wrote:I understand that some of the more seasoned folks here have the ability to delete posts as spam; maybe those that have this privilege should simply delete anything E posts as soon as it is seen. If it is not on the board, it cannot be responded to.
Those of us who value the "Report Spam" buttons we have wouldn't want to risk losing them for deleting "legitimate" posts/threads. Now, you can debate the definition of "legitimate", but personally, I'm not and have never taken a chance on losing mine for any reason.

Den

I understand what you are saying but I assume those that have it were given the privilege for the good of the board. Perhaps you could confer amongst yourselves and determine if E's posts are a benefit or detriment to the health of the board. I know spam is someone trying to get you to buy their shit, E is trying to get all of us to buy his bullshit; sounds like spam to me.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:41 pm

flightco wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:

Den

I understand what you are saying but I assume those that have it were given the privilege for the good of the board. Perhaps you could confer amongst yourselves and determine if E's posts are a benefit or detriment to the health of the board. I know spam is someone trying to get you to buy their shit, E is trying to get all of us to buy his bullshit; sounds like spam to me.
The spam button is automatically given to everybody after a certain time frame and post number. Not sure the exact numbers. It can be removed from anybody who abuses it. So, if a post is deleted that is not spam, and that person complains, the owner of the board can look and see who deleted it, and remove that person's spam button (or remove that person cimpletely). I would not wnat to risk this. It is also a slippery slope. If we decide to delete somebody because we think they are a troll, and their posts are vulgar (some of E's have been vulgar). Then we might be more inclined to delete somebody else too. I actually thought a couple people had been banned as they did not post in a while, but they are both back, so I guess not.

I think it would be more beneficial if the person with E's contact info would call his mother and see if she can't do something to keep him off this forum. He must live with her. She helped him with his mask once, and he has never mentioned having to get up for work or being tired at work. His mother may also be able to get him an advocate. He needs one, and there should be a way to get him one. If he is already on disability, it shouldn't be that hard to get him an advocate or coach who can help him succeed with treating his health issues.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?