best hose hanger?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
hegel

best hose hanger?

Post by hegel » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm sure that this subject has been well-covered before, but since I want the latest up to datest info; and since I've never used a hose hangar, I'm interested in any responses.

I toss and turn a lot before I go to sleep on my stomach. Is a hose hangar indicated for my type of sleeping?

also: where the heck do you position these things?
Last edited by hegel on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Re: best hose hangar?

Post by Julie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Look up Hose Buddy (a forum search might be as good as Google), but you're not looking for an airplane hangar, but a hose hanger . Anyhow, they're a bit like small IV poles and stand beside the bed... but you can also e.g. wrap something soft around the far end of the hose and hook it on a headboard (leave lots of moving room), or do a sky hook thingy if you're handy.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 pm

At this moment, I am sitting next to my Hose Buddy,
-poised to hold my hose up in the hospitality house affiliated with the out of town spine surgery center.
Hopefully, the surgeon will be able to restore my sweet bullfrog to an able and pain-free state.

hegel

Re: best hose hanger?

Post by hegel » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 pm

thanks, Julie. duly edited...I looked up Hose Buddy on Amazon and that seems to be the ticket...looks like I'll need a longer hose? I use a six footer.

I'm not sure if I need this; I'm just looking to refine the whole sleep thing and hopefully stop waking up so often.
Last edited by hegel on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:21 pm

A Free One, I put my hose behind the headboard the hose goes over the top of the headboard and to my mask. I don't skateboard or do gymnastics in bed, the hose stays on my mask. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

hegel

Post by hegel » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:38 pm

I don't have a headboard; my hose goes from my machine, which is slightly lower than my bed on a stand, to my mask.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:57 pm

hegel wrote:I don't have a headboard; my hose goes from my machine, which is slightly lower than my bed on a stand, to my mask.
The head of my bed faces two windows, I'd put a hook between them, or if you ever had a bird cage stand, that would work. Also velcro could be in the mix. Could make a support with a base between the springs and mattress with a pole to hold the hose. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:26 pm

I like this one because it's only $11 on amazon and does everything I need a hose hanger to do: http://www.amazon.com/North-American-He ... 0034CHMRU/

phildoc

Post by phildoc » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:38 pm

If you have a bit of the DIYer in you, here's a link to a photo and (rough) set of directions on how to make one yourself. I made it about 19 months ago, and it has been ideal. I designed it to fit my bed, and as it is rigid piece of steel, it does not "break down" for travel. But it is rock solid, and works great for me.

viewtopic/t108003/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9 ... 90#p885490

hegel

Post by hegel » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks guys: yaconsult, I saw this on amazon and it looked flimsy; the initial reviews said it was too. But then later reviews said it was ok. There was a picture of it in use and actually that picture matched my bed set-up perfectly. I love that it's $11.00 instead of the 65.00 or so of the hose buddy. It's probably worth $11.00 just to see if I like a hose hanger at all.

i am definitely not do it yourselfer, I have no tools, so that's out.

any additional thoughts are welcome; as I said, I've never used one of these before.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:06 am

I forgot to bring one for a professional conference; so I used packing tape and girl's hair scrunchies
---from the dollar store. Cost: $2.14, including tax.
The tape came off the motel "headboard" without any problem at all.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:52 am

chunkyfrog wrote:At this moment, I am sitting next to my Hose Buddy,
-poised to hold my hose up in the hospitality house affiliated with the out of town spine surgery center.
Hopefully, the surgeon will be able to restore my sweet bullfrog to an able and pain-free state.
Everybody pray for the Bullfrog!!
Sheriff

PS: I use the Hose Buddy. It's a little pricey, but it's sturdy... comes apart to pack in a suitcase and has worked well for years. Real good investment.

bdz

Post by bdz » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:52 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:At this moment, I am sitting next to my Hose Buddy,
Everybody pray for the Bullfrog!!
Sheriff.
DONE! Some for Chunkyfrog too!

Additional Comments: Luckily the Oracle is not flimsy. Bought several. Thanks to JDS74, I have lots of inner flaps.
Peace begins with each of us as individuals

SleepyCarey

Post by SleepyCarey » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:14 am

Goofproof wrote:I don't skateboard or do gymnastics in bed
You don't?!!? You just lie there?! How boring!!!

mikejerome

Post by mikejerome » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:57 am

I have the $11 one that yaconsult has and it works great. I have it next to my bed tucked under the nightstand but it works under the mattress too if your hose is long enough.