Wireless SD Card Data-transfer for ResScan / SH

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Okie bipap

Re: Wireless SD Card Data-transfer for ResScan / SH

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:01 pm

The SD Card you leave in the computer will have a DATALOG file and a SETTINGS file. Copy these two files to your computer (I copy it to my desktop), then copy them from the computer onto the RESMED SD Card.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi,
Was excited to see step by step directions for using a FlashAir card in an APAP, but then realized that they are for a Windows computer. I have a Mac. I have been following the sleep.net.com Mac instructions.

I've downloaded FlashPap and the latest Java. I've gone into Airport and assigned the FlashPap card its own ip address and entered that into the app and added a destination folder. Then when I then press "scan FlashAir SD Card" it acts like it is scanning but then just stops. But I don't get any error. Is it because the card is empty - I just put it into my APAP and haven't slept with it yet. The instructions do say that it will show you what dates are on the card - well, there aren't any!
Can anyone help?
Thanks

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Okie Bipap stated this "I have been using a flashpap card for over a month, now. It will not show any data until you sleep with it. You can try copying all the files on the SD card to the flashpap card, then see if there is any data available. There was nothing on mine until after the first night in the machine."
It is the last post in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=110017&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Thanks OkyDoky,
I'll sleep with it in tonight and see if that's all it is. Will let you know.

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Sorry, got sidetracked - but have been sleeping with the flash pap card in, having data written to it, and still can't get it to work. Haven't really done anything more than to see that it wasn't just that the card didn't have any data on it. We are off camping soon and so it will be a couple of months until I try to figure it out.

Papit

Post by Papit » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:21 am

jagzoo wrote:Sorry, got sidetracked - but have been sleeping with the flash pap card in, having data written to it, and still can't get it to work. Haven't really done anything more than to see that it wasn't just that the card didn't have any data on it. We are off camping soon and so it will be a couple of months until I try to figure it out.
Hi jagzoo. If you can put your Mac into Windows mode, you might find useful the instructions in my signature block below. A number of users have had good success with either of the two choices. Hope it works out for you.

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:29 am

jagzoo wrote:Sorry, got sidetracked - but have been sleeping with the flash pap card in, having data written to it, and still can't get it to work. Haven't really done anything more than to see that it wasn't just that the card didn't have any data on it. We are off camping soon and so it will be a couple of months until I try to figure it out.
When you get back, send a PM and I might be able to help. I have successfully used this for quite some time with Win7, and I ran a Mac book with Yosemite on it doing the same at the same time for more than a couple months to see how that worked. Didn't have to be in windows mode to use it.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:28 am

Hi- an update:
I have the FlashAir card working on my Mac (both iMac and MacBook Pro - both running El Capitan). Works well with Sleepyhead. The difficult part was trying to figure out how to see the invisible files so I could edit them. I found a neat program called Show Hide Invisible files so I didn't have to go into Terminal. It's nice not to have to take my APAP out of the drawer in order to take the card out. So the rest went smoothly.

Thanks to Papit, Kelvin, others who responded and to the info on sleep.net.com!

Oltremare

Post by Oltremare » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:46 am

Toshiba FlashAir Wireless SD III W03 16GB, as well as performing the work WIFI, can be used as a normal memory card? The doctor of sleep could make a fuss?
The doctor might not accept because it is not the original SD?
Thank you.

I hope you will forgive my language errors. To write in English I use a translator online. Thank you

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Oltremare wrote:Toshiba FlashAir Wireless SD III W03 16GB, as well as performing the work WIFI, can be used as a normal memory card? The doctor of sleep could make a fuss?
Thank you.
Never would let him touch it. Simply make a copy to a cheap sdcard and hand them that. Never know the difference.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

SilverIce

Post by SilverIce » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:40 am

Thanks for putting this together. Around a year ago I bought the Toshiba card and investigated Windows emulators to get this (or a similar program) running on my Mac without much success. Doing it in Java was a good call. It's working great. Heck, I didn't even have to change any of the SD config settings from when I was fiddling around with it last year.

Well done. Thanks!

Papit

Post by Papit » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Oltremare wrote:Toshiba FlashAir Wireless SD III W03 16GB, as well as performing the work WIFI, can be used as a normal memory card? The doctor of sleep could make a fuss?
Thank you.
Hi Oltremare. Yes, an ordinary 1MB SD card, or the original ResMed SD card that came with your machine, can be used to take with you to your doctor's appointment. I prefer using the original ResMed card. As Krelvin says, don't give your doc the FlashAir card. See Note #3 in either of the bottom two links in my signature block.

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

Oltremare

Post by Oltremare » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:41 pm

E. reinitializing the FlashAir SD card When Necessary
1. If power is turned off or if you remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP machine or there is a power loss, the card may need to be reinitialized. Download, install and run FlashAir Tool from http://support.toshiba.com/support/view ... Id = 4006103
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to Initialize the card. When instructed, safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD card's drive, select Eject and remove the card (multiple times if prompted). When you see "Initialize succeeded," click OK, leave the card in the card reader and close the FlashAirTool. Perform Part A above steps. Sometimes the card gets initialized properly even though "Initialize succeeded" is not displayed.

Papit Thanks for your info.
I still have a doubt: the point "E" of your instructions, it says that if you disconnect the power supply must be reset.
I understood right?
I, every morning, I disconnect my AIRSENSE from the mains and do not think I would want every day to reset my FlashAir!
No easier way to this thing?
Thanks so much

I hope you will forgive my language errors. To write in English I use a translator online. Thank you

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Oltremare wrote:I, every morning, I disconnect my AIRSENSE from the mains
why would you do that?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Oltremare

Post by Oltremare » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:10 pm

palerider wrote:
Oltremare wrote:I, every morning, I disconnect my AIRSENSE from the mains
why would you do that?
Because my little dog around the house and bites electric wires and can die electrocuted.