Windows 10 problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gulfjack

Windows 10 problems

Post by gulfjack » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:28 am

After upgrading to windows 10 this weekend, Sleepyhead will not show the daily details for neither my wife's (airsense 10) or my (system one) machine. All other data is there. I have done everything I know how to do including deleting and reinstalling Sleepyhead to the latest version. It worked fine on Win 7 64bit. Anyone having the same problem?

Win 10 64 bit

Sir NoddinOff

Re: Windows 10 problems

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:15 am

Nope but I use Windows 7 (never any OS problems with anything) and don't plan on changing until MS officially kills it.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

SGearhart

Post by SGearhart » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:25 am

When I used Win10 (W8.1 with lipstick) I had a few idiosyncrasies with it but Sleepyhead wasn't one of them. I've since returned to Win7. Have you tried rebooting. . . just to rule out everything?

popcpoo

Post by popcpoo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:54 pm

I've had no problems with Windows 10 and Seepyhead. I upgraded from Windows 8.1.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:34 pm

I had no problems with SleepyHead after upgrading from win 7 to win 10. But Win 10 requires locking the card prior downloading to prevent it from writing an index file to the card, and a subsequent reformat by my S9, while Win 7 did not.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 pm

SleepyHead on Windows 10 works fine here, too. I'm already in the habit of write-protecting my SD card, so no change there.

gulfjack

Post by gulfjack » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 am

Hi Jay Aitchsee, I am interested in what you had to do to reformat your data card. Did you do it on the computer or does your machine have a setting to do it. I can see everything except when I click the daily tab it says data blocked but the other statistics in the left pane are there.
Thanks
Jack

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:41 am

Hi Jack,

I don't know if this is your problem, but if the card contains information not to ResMed's liking when the card is put back into the CPAP it will ask to reformat it. It doesn't say "reformat" I forget the exact phrase, but the answer has to be "yes" to continue. Once "yes" is selected, the machine says "erasing data" or something similar. After completion, the machine goes to the standby mode without further input required. The machine holds up to 365 days of summary data and will be written to the card. The machine stores detailed data on the card, so past detailed data will be lost, but remains in ResScan or Sleepyhead if previously downloaded.

I only have experience with ResMed I don't know about System One.

Also, I have never seen the "data blocked" statement you referred to. I have seen "Summary Data Only:(" if there was no detailed data on the card. Would you care to elaborate on the exact statement and where you saw it?
gulfjack wrote:data blocked

archangle

Post by archangle » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 am

AirSense 10 machines don't have the design flaw that rejects SD cards that have been abused by Windows, so locking the card is not necessary. That's only on S9 machines.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

gulfjack

Post by gulfjack » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:45 pm

Jay...In the daily tab everything appears except the graphs. In the area where each graph appears it says "plots disabled".
I saved a screen shot and if I can figure how to attach it I will. Any help will be welcome.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:04 pm

How to use Imgur to post screen shots
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

I just looked all over SleepyHead to see if there was some setting or other that disables "plots" but I couldn't find anything that looked like it would do that. I am scratching my head here...don't have any idea what is going on. You are the first that I know of with that sort of problem...with any Windows version.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

gulfjack

Post by gulfjack » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Here is the screenshot http://imgur.com/K4tQ4fX

gulfjack

Post by gulfjack » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Screen shot image http://imgur.com/K4tQ4fX

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:16 pm

gulfjack wrote: Jay...In the daily tab everything appears except the graphs. In the area where each graph appears it says "plots disabled".
Pugsy wrote:I just looked all over SleepyHead to see if there was some setting or other that disables "plots" but I couldn't find anything that looked like it would do that.
I didn't see anything either, Jack. In the bar at the bottom of the waveform display area in the daily view one can select "graphs" and the selection will turn the waveforms off or on, but if they are turned off it says, "Graphs Switched Off".

I'm sure you've selected the waveforms to display under "File/preferences/waveforms ?

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Have a look here: viewtopic/t102353/Daily-quotPlots-Disab ... yHead.html

Looks like someone else had the same problem

After upgrading to windows 10 I did have to change a few permissions to give myself access, but I don't remember this being one. A little more Googling finds this has been reported as a "bug", but I didn't see a fix other than the one above.

I'm not sure which folder the writer is referring to above as "read only", but you might check the permissions of the Documents and SleepyHead data folders (file explorer\This PC\OS(C:)\user\name\documents\properties\security) and (file explorer\This PC\OS(C:)\user\name\documents\SleepyHead data testing\properties\security) to ensure all users have full access. Right click on the folders to bring up the dialogue box, select properties and then look under the security tab