For sale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BigFudge

For sale

Post by BigFudge » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:29 pm

ResMed S9 AutoSet w/H5i Humidifier and ClimateLine Tube.

Has carrying case, power supply, Humidifier, manual, ClimateLine Tube and S9 machine (not sure on the term for the main device). Doesn't have a mask anymore, which is the reason I am selling it.
Long story short I had been using the machine for about 3 weeks when my cat decided the nose pillow on my mask looked like fun to eat. It was pulverized, my insurance wouldn't cover a replacement and I couldn't afford it myself. So I focused on losing weight (my doctors main belief of the cause of my Apnea) and it helped drastically. Haven't needed the machine since and finally decided to sell it.

I do still have the base of the mask (the non-rubber bit for your nose) if the buyer really wants it. I have double checked the hose and rest of the equipment; it all works just fine. can't find any holes in the hose itself or the connecting line on the mask.

(EDIT: I'm in Canada, but the device was acquired through a company insurance plan and I have checked I own the device fully at this point. I also have done a sleep study rather recently and I no longer actually need the machine.)
Last edited by BigFudge on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

big_dave

Re: For sale

Post by big_dave » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:39 pm

If the only thing keeping you from using the machine is the lack of a mask, replacements are affordable from cpap.com. Replacement pillows cost about $30, and complete masks are about $100 (depending on the mask). You can even get the replacement pillows without a prescription, although you would have to submit a copy of your prescription to purchase a complete mask.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 am

Please consider a sleep study to make sure you don't need the cpap anymore. A lot of people gained weight from sleep apnea, so still have it even when they lose weight. It would be a shame to sell the machine and then find out you need it and can't get another one via insurance.

Also, make sure you own the machine. A lot of insurance companies require compliance before they pay out fully for the machine. You didn't say how long ago you got it. If it has only been a few months, you may not own it yet.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

BigFudge

Post by BigFudge » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:16 am

Huh. Helpful a few months back, but not really needed anymore. I have no use for the machine; as I don't really have a lot of the issues anymore that caused me to need in the first place. I've even recently done a sleep study and my doctor says it really isn't necessary anymore.

I got the machine last year in July, it's been gathering dust since that August.

mariejeanne

Post by mariejeanne » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:55 am

Not to be a wet blanket, but something like 95 percent of people who lose weight regain it within 5 years. I would not get rid of the machine.

BigFudge

Post by BigFudge » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:17 am

I've kept it off for a year now just about, I like my odds. Plus I really didn't enjoy the CPAP machine so that's motivation to keep it off.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:33 am

Congratulations Big Fudge. To be honest, I am jealous as heck but unfortunately, being normal weight already, losing it is not an option for me. Hey, if your sleep study was normal and you never really enjoyed being on the machine, I would get rid of it too as long as you know if god forbid, your circumstances change, you're in a position to get another machine.

Best of luck to you.

49er

BigFudge

Post by BigFudge » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:40 am

Thanks 49er. The maskless machine was really the kick in the ass I needed to drop weight.
Last edited by BigFudge on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

referal

Post by referal » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:41 am

I lost well over 30 lbs and it shows : no more obstructives, few centrals, some hypopeas,
I also did not enjoy using the machine.
And am slowly starting to cut down use.
But I intend to keep the machine for a while longer. Mask and tubes always need replacing , but your type of machine will still be good for quite some time. I would wait some more before getting rid of it.

Chevie

Post by Chevie » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:48 am

BigFudge wrote:The broken machine
So you are trying to sale a broken machine to some unsuspecting victim?

DeadlySleep

Post by DeadlySleep » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:50 am

Keep the machine. With a name like this,
BigFudge
you'll gain the weight back.

BigFudge

Post by BigFudge » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:51 am

Chevie wrote:
It's a How I Met Your Mother Reference and the best I could think of when signing up. Most of my other handles online are a bit too geeky.
Chevie wrote:
Nope. The machine still worked perfectly fine when the mask was catted and I tested (in so far as I could without a mask) it before I posted the ad. Seems to still be working fine, but thanks for the notice on the wording. A machine that I cannot use, regardless of how it is unusable, is broken. Edited to come across more clearly.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Post doesn't compute, wants to sell machine because cats ate his mask, and dogs ate his homework. Couldn't get new mask replaced, but he had time to lose a bunch of weight, and take another sleep test, but still couldn't get the mask replaced, or buy a new mask or parts.

Looses weight eating Fudge, I've never been that blessed! Sounds like he's neck deep in De-Nile as best or at worse, got a scam running.For now I'm trying to compute how much Fudge I need to eat to lose 150 pounds, and can I still have Chile? Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

BigFudge

Post by BigFudge » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:41 pm

We're talking over a span of over a year. The weight loss wasn't fast but I did it. Fudge was one of the many things I wasn't allowed to eat anymore but that's not what I am referencing there... it's from How I Met Your Mother, does no one catch that reference? And yes I didn't have the cash to replace at the time it was damaged, I was unemployed. And no, the sleep test was maybe a month ago, when I first considered selling the machine... I can afford it now as my financial situation is better than a year back when the mask got damaged. I don't want to replace the mask because I don't want to nor need the machine anymore.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:49 pm

Did I miss the price?