Any idea why high AHI when using FFM

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LSAT

Re: Any idea why high AHI when using FFM

Post by LSAT » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Personally, I would increase the minimum pressure to 11 and the maximum to 20. Run it that way for a few days and see what happens. The way you have it, the machine knows you need a higher pressure to stop OA/Hs but can'y go any higher than 15. CAs cannot be eliminated by adjusting pressures.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:36 pm

The bulk of the CAs is right immediately when you turned the machine on at 4 AM...I suspect you were most likely awake or semi awake during that time frame and thus we have to mentally remove that part of the statistics. The rest of the report isn't all that bad.
I personally prefer seeing the pressure graph and not the mask pressure graph because I feel it's easier to see if the maximum has been met and it pegged out. You can look and see if it has been maxed out for any prolonged period of time fairly easily on your end.

Looks like the max of 15 is being reached though so maybe letting it go a little higher (if it wants to) would be something to try. I don't see the CAs being caused by the pressure though (at least from this image) so I think opening up the max would be worth trying.

Overall I think my first thoughts still stand...you may be one of those people that need a little more pressure (both minimum and maximum) when using a full face mask than you need when using a nasal mask.
You aren't the first and won't be the last.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

flightco

Post by flightco » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:06 pm

I am sorry I have not responded back but I woke up early yesterday and was not the road for a couple days. I wanted to let you know it seems like the increased pressure helped, my AHI was down to 4 something. Haven't uploaded yet to see where the 4 came from but compared to almost 14 it is a huge difference.

Thank you again for the advice.