Flow limit

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
curems

Re: Flow limit

Post by curems » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 pm

palerider wrote:
curems wrote:(I don't know how to pull an image with AHI over time from SleepyHead
three pages, please read all three: https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
I have read all three and have posted images from SleepyHead. What I haven't found is a way to show a series of dates - AHI recordings from 7/31 - 8/29. Please enlighten me.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:40 pm

curems wrote:What I haven't found is a way to show a series of dates - AHI recordings from 7/31 - 8/29.
Would the Overview AHI be what you want?
Did you know you can change the time frame for the OverView? Lower left corner...change it to one month (many choices available including custom) then get your screen shot if you want to share it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Pugsy wrote:
curems wrote:What I haven't found is a way to show a series of dates - AHI recordings from 7/31 - 8/29.
Did you know you can change the time frame for the OverView? Lower left corner...change it to one month (many choices available including custom) then get your screen shot if you want to share it.
you can also zoom in and out and scroll the overview pages.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

curems

Post by curems » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thanks Pugsy. I actually done that on another post and forgot. There is so much valuable information in SleepyHead, I can get lost in it (only been using it for a couple weeks). Here's the same info using SleepyHead:

Original Message to go with it:
It's all been pretty erratic with this mask (I don't know how to pull an image with AHI over time from SleepyHead so I'm posting that from SleepMapper). I'm much better with the Wisp but can't find anything to resolve the pressure sores I get. The guy at the mask fitting clinic tried everything he had - adjustable forehead supports to reduce the pressure, different sizes and even SleepWeaver but the only one he had that might work is the Amara View so I'm waiting for that one. And my home sleep study AHI was only 10.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:25 pm

curems wrote:Here's the same info using SleepyHead:
I think it's pretty obvious, and not unexpected, that with the FitLife you are going to need even more pressure to hold the airway open better.

I used the Wisp for 90 minutes one night (thought it was a lot longer) but the pressure on my turbinates caused so much congestion that I had a gazillion wake ups from congestion during that 90 minutes.
It didn't seem like it was that much pressure but then it doesn't take much for me to get congested if something is putting pressure on the nasal bridge area. I had much better luck with the Swift FX Nano which actually surprised me. Perhaps the Nano would be less likely to cause the abrasions and sores from pressure.
Have you tried the Nano at all?
Other than the Nano and the Wisp I can't offer any experience when it comes to nasal cushion masks. I am strictly a nasal pillow mask girl. No mask should cause abrasions or sores or blisters. If they do then either wrong fit or wrong size or simply wrong mask for a person.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

curems

Post by curems » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Pugsy wrote:
curems wrote:Here's the same info using SleepyHead:
I think it's pretty obvious, and not unexpected, that with the FitLife you are going to need even more pressure to hold the airway open better.

I used the Wisp for 90 minutes one night (thought it was a lot longer) but the pressure on my turbinates caused so much congestion that I had a gazillion wake ups from congestion during that 90 minutes.
It didn't seem like it was that much pressure but then it doesn't take much for me to get congested if something is putting pressure on the nasal bridge area. I had much better luck with the Swift FX Nano which actually surprised me. Perhaps the Nano would be less likely to cause the abrasions and sores from pressure.
Have you tried the Nano at all?
Other than the Nano and the Wisp I can't offer any experience when it comes to nasal cushion masks. I am strictly a nasal pillow mask girl. No mask should cause abrasions or sores or blisters. If they do then either wrong fit or wrong size or simply wrong mask for a person.
This all makes sense to me. I was so relieved when she increased the pressure because I had started feeling like I was suffocating when I put the mask on at 4. With the increase, my median hasn't been below 10.7 and I've spent significant time at 12 (even with the Wisp). My doc is on vacation this week but I do have my first follow up the following Tuesday so I'll see what she says. She is very encouraging and wants to do whatever will help me stick with it.

I have the AirFit N10 but for some reason the vent blows in my eyes (if I block the air from the vent but allow for any leaks, I'm not feeling leaks around the mask, just the vent). Does the FX Nano vent from the tube like the Swift FX nasal pillows do? I had used that the first time I tried cpap 5 years ago but can't use the pillows anymore. If it does vent that way, and since it is possible that I might not have the pressure I get from the Wisp, it might be a possible option for me.

cyclist56

Post by cyclist56 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Pugsy wrote:Dig deep into the side effects for your meds especially the Paxil and BP meds and Klonopin.

If you are taking Provigil (remember it isn't totally out of your system by bedtime) then I assume you are having excessive daytime sleepiness and/or maybe fatigue.
Paxil is known to cause excessive fatigue and excessive daytime sleepiness along with messing with sleep architecture in general (pretty much all those SSRI type of meds will mess with sleep architecture and/or cause insomnia). Messing with sleep architecture means that the normal stages of sleep in normal cycles and in normal % don't get met and to have the best chance at our sleep being restorative we need those normal cycles. Read up on SSRI meds and sleep in general.

BP meds also...my sister was having excessive fatigue and found out that was a side effect to her BP meds so she had her doctor change BP meds and her fatigue symptoms improved drastically.

Meds are a common culprit for not feeling so great despite the good numbers.
So are the conditions that the meds are being taken for...like depression.

Unfortunately stopping some meds isn't an option for various reasons but sometimes it helps just knowing that the meds are likely playing a part in not feeling the good numbers.

Remember...the cpap machine fixes sleep apnea issues but it can't fix problems unrelated to sleep apnea no matter how much we want it to.

So dig deep and research all the side effects of your meds...here's some info on Paxil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paroxetine

Are you meds the sole cause...probably not but they likely play an important factor in your unwanted daytime symptoms.
somnolence 23%, insomnia 13%
Somnolence is excessive sleepiness
Yes. It's complicated. Thanks for the support.

curems

Post by curems » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:34 pm

curems wrote: Does the FX Nano vent from the tube like the Swift FX nasal pillows do? I had used that the first time I tried cpap 5 years ago but can't use the pillows anymore. If it does vent that way, and since it is possible that I might not have the pressure I get from the Wisp, it might be a possible option for me.
It actually looks like the headgear and tube for the Nano are the same as for the Swift FX. Do you know if that's true? If it is, I might be able to get just the cushion and see if it works.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:37 pm

curems wrote:Does the FX Nano vent from the tube like the Swift FX nasal pillows do?
Yes, the Nano vent is in the same place on the tube as it is with the nasal pillows. In fact they are pretty much the same tube/short hose assembly except the short hose that comes with the Nano is a little lighter in weight and slightly more flexible. If you happen to still have the Swift FX headgear and short hose you can use the Nano cushion on it so all you would need would be the cushion. I played around with all sorts of configurations with the Nano...even using the Bella Loops with it and was very pleasantly surprised to find out that the Nano could be used with the Bella Loops. Slept one night with it that way and had no more leaks than usual.

Edit...I see you just asked if the Nano would work with the Swift FX nasal pillow headgear and short hose...and yes it will. They (ResMed) say not to do it but I did it and had no problems at all.

curems

Post by curems » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Edit...I see you just asked if the Nano would work with the Swift FX nasal pillow headgear and short hose...and yes it will. They (ResMed) say not to do it but I did it and had no problems at all.
Terrific, thanks! I'll have to see about getting just a cushion and keep my fingers crossed.

curems

Post by curems » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Update on my mask situation: I had my first follow up with my sleep doc today. She was very impressed with my research and excited to see how everything correlated with my mask issues. My numbers have been excellent since I started using the Nano cushion with my old headgear and tube! My DME had called last week to see how everything was going after my first month and I told him about my mask problems but that I was now past my month of trying masks. He told me to see if the doctor could come up with something that we knew would work, they would see what they could do. I explained this to the doc and she went and found one that she gave me. In spite of my mask troubles, I'm so fortunate with all of my practitioners.

For those who may be reading this looking for info on nasal masks - I tried the Respironics Wisp, the ResMed AirFit N10 for Her, and the ResMed Swift FX Nano for Her. The Wisp is quite a bit larger in height than the others and N10 was still just a little higher than the Nano. Both the Wisp & N10 caused a pressure sore because of where they hit on my nose (and super sensitive skin!) but the Nano has not caused any sore. Presumably, the difference in height could be significant either way depending on your face size and shape.

And once again, thanks to Pugsy for being so extremely helpful.