OT Terminal Melanoma

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
2 B Sleeping Soundly

Re: Terminal Melanoma

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Stormy,

I bumped this thread to the top for others who have not yet heard of your husbands illness. Also to keep our thoughts, prayerful words, and support in one thread to make it easier for you to find for viewing and updating, should you find that helpful. Hopefully, I have not over stepped on your behalf, as my desire is to help make things easier for you, not make things more confusing or difficult.

Remember you have a big PAP family here and some have gone through the same journey you are on. Please let us be there for you as you have been there for others; it is your time.

John

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:56 pm

Prayers for you both!
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Thank you to all for the prayers and support. Today I just couldn't do a thing to please him. I know he is stressed but I am not used to him being that way. It was a rough day. I hope tomorrow is better.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: OT Terminal Melanoma

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:44 am

He may be in a bad mood now, but it is a sign he has the energy to complain.
Not a totally bad thing.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 am

Thank you for reminding me of that. I know I can't let any stress get to me. It is just so hard. I love him so much and I know he love me.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:22 am

I made him try some natural remedies. I started with the baking soda treatments and he perked up and is now acting like his old self. The difference is amazing. It is giving us hope. I would recommend this to anyone with cancer.

wardmiller

Post by wardmiller » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 am

Stormynights wrote:My husband has been battling Melanoma for a couple of years and found out Tuesday that it is terminal. . . . I have been trying to look up diets and useful information.
I have a similar problem. My wife has just about quit eating and has been losing weight for several months. She is down to 91 lbs. So I've been feeding her high caloric, fatty food. Then recently she has had gallstones and all the pain that comes with that. The diet for that condition is exactly the opposite for trying to gain weight -- no fatty foods. I went to a nutritionist our doctor recommended and she she gave me some good ideas, so I have been coming up with a new diet. (My wife had a stroke so I do all the cooking). Also, I've been searching the Web and found a bunch of ideas. Some are junk, but those are soon obvious.

So I urge you to find a good nutritionist and also keep searching the Web. Then merge the information, using your own good sense.

We wish you, and him, the best.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:42 am

Many prayers going out for both of you and your husband.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

flyergirl

Post by flyergirl » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Stormynights wrote:Thank you to all for the prayers and support. Today I just couldn't do a thing to please him. I know he is stressed but I am not used to him being that way. It was a rough day. I hope tomorrow is better.
Please message me. I can offer advice as my Father is currently battling Stage 4 Melanoma, and I have spent years researching. There are many more options for Melanoma than there were five years ago! So sorry to hear this, but hope is not lost.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:39 pm

wardmiller wrote:
Stormynights wrote:My husband has been battling Melanoma for a couple of years and found out Tuesday that it is terminal. . . . I have been trying to look up diets and useful information.
I have a similar problem. My wife has just about quit eating and has been losing weight for several months. She is down to 91 lbs. So I've been feeding her high caloric, fatty food. Then recently she has had gallstones and all the pain that comes with that. The diet for that condition is exactly the opposite for trying to gain weight -- no fatty foods. I went to a nutritionist our doctor recommended and she she gave me some good ideas, so I have been coming up with a new diet. (My wife had a stroke so I do all the cooking). Also, I've been searching the Web and found a bunch of ideas. Some are junk, but those are soon obvious.

So I urge you to find a good nutritionist and also keep searching the Web. Then merge the information, using your own good sense.

We wish you, and him, the best.
Fat doesn't help you gain weight. High carbs does. Unfortunately, the fatty food is likely what brought on the gallstones.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

arthuranxious

Post by arthuranxious » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:17 pm

FUN! Try to have some fun! An essential and much underestimated emotional nutrient. Does he like to hike? Hike, even in a wheelchair. Did he always want to write the great novel.... take dictations or get him a volunteer secretary. Does he want a cruise? I met a 31 year old woman whose cancer returned, and she set off on the cruise she had never taken before. She had no regrets! I met the pulmonary hypertension patient who had to be evacuated by private plane from a cruise to Antarctica because he had never been, and wanted to go (expensive mistake for the company that provided emergency evacuation insurance) but he was so proud and content for the two weeks he lived after his return.
Laughter is the best medicine. And it is so special to share with someone whose days are numbered.
And always bravely share with other people, most of the human race is nice!

LT134

Post by LT134 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:31 pm

This life is but a vapor. With Jesus we all can have enteral life.

May he be found in the saving love of our Lord and Savior, Jesus!

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:44 pm

I just wanted to report that Hubby is doing amazingly well. It is just unbelievable. We are so happy. The huge place on his leg is drying and healing. I don't know when he will have his next Pet scan but he appears to be doing so much better. He finished his first round of treatments yesterday. He had Opdivo home remedies and prayer.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Wonderful!

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:44 am

The power of prayer is an amazing thing, but good meds are a big help. Glad things are going well.