New to Cpap, whats the difference in machines

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CaptainRaven40

Re: New to Cpap, whats the difference in machines

Post by CaptainRaven40 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:03 pm

I just want to say that there are some amazing people here with amazing information and I wanted to thank you for posting and helping so much. I don't have anything to add other than I have a Resmed A10 Autoset and so far so good. The humidifier and the heated hose are the way to go for sure. It makes a world of difference as opposed to a normal tubing and no humidifier. Which I have tried and it was not a pleasant experience. Good luck! I do not have any experience with Biz64, but what worried me was that the person is so new to the forum and has all of this stuff for sale. Could be a great resource I am not sure.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:08 pm

KnH wrote:Any one have any experiences with Biz64
He joined only on August 1. I am not aware of any member who has reported buying from him.

biz64

Post by biz64 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:49 pm

KnH wrote:
biz64 wrote:I have a Resmed S9 Autoset for $550, a Respironics DS560 CPAP Auto for $475, and a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for $575. All are brand new machines, with zero hours, and have never been used. They all come with humidifiers, filters, SD cards, manuals, tubing, and carry cases. All you would need is a mask, and I have many of those for sale also. I have photos and references available. Prices do not include shipping, but I can ship anywhere. Let me know if you have any questions.

Any one have any experiences with Biz64
I just sold a DS960 ASV to Sir Noddinoff about a week ago. You can message him if you'd like to verify that I'm legitimate. Hopefully he sees this thread and can comment also

KnH

Post by KnH » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:02 am

How much difference does the heated tub make, Is for comfort or tubing condensation
Is condensation a major problem with non heated tubing

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:12 am

did you find a machine yet ?
I can sell this one for $570 including shipping to US

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/hab/5190309867.html
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:19 am

KnH wrote:How much difference does the heated tub make, Is for comfort or tubing condensation
Condensation won't hurt you but it is highly annoying to be woke up in the middle of the night with water in the hose because it sounds like a freight train or you get a nose full of water or you get a cold shower with the water coming out the vent holes.

See what I have written about condensation and prevention in this thread...posts number 2 and 3 I think.
It saves me from having to type it all over again.
viewtopic/t94035/Pugsys-Pointers-3Deali ... -road.html

Chances of rain out will depend in large part on how warm or cool you like to keep your bedroom. If you are like some people and prefer 78 degrees year round....probably not much chance of having rain out/condensation be a problem. It does seem to be more of a problem during winter months though because I think a lot of people turn down the thermostat at night.

The heated hose is more than just rain out control though....it allows for a more consistent humidity delivery no matter what the air temp.
Example...I found my nose needs maximum humidity but I don't care for ultra warm air in the summer but it does feel good to have the warmer air in the winter (my thermostat goes to 55 degrees at night and the bedroom is even colder due to windows and not much insulation). With the heated hose I can get a consistent humidity delivery without worrying about the room air humidity and I can customize the air temp to suit the seasons while all the time maintaining the humidity that I prefer.
I think a lot of people who have problems with either too much or too little humidity are having problems because of the change. The nasal mucosa get used to whatever they are used to and when we go changing things a lot that's when the problems come up.

I use the heated hose year round so that I keep my nose happy with same humidity all the time and I adjust the air temp to suit the seasons and ambient room temp.

If you are like me and turn that thermostat down...get the heated hose. It doesn't put out warm air like a sauna which is what some people think of when they think heated hose. The ResMed won't go above 86 degrees which is still cooler than body temp.
If you normally keep the house quite warm then I wouldn't get the heated hose.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

KnH

Post by KnH » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:49 am

Texas here,So lots of AC 1/2 the year and dry air in the winter.
Over all the house stays on the cooler side

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:06 am

KnH wrote:How much difference does the heated tub make, Is for comfort or tubing condensation
That depends on your climate. Dryness can cause sinus infections because of the cracks it can create which then get infected. Humidity can cause inflammation which creates pockets in which bacteria can flourish. For many people that line is very very fine.

Besides which "comfort" is a major factor in the continued use of cpap as everyone with badly fitting masks who quits will tell you.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

KnH

Post by KnH » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:24 am

Well I think I found a good deal on a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP 560, with heated tubing, any opinions on this machine. The price 55% less than the air sense 10.

cancun

Post by cancun » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:37 am

KnH wrote:Well I think I found a good deal on a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP 560, with heated tubing, any opinions on this machine. The price 55% less than the air sense 10.
I don't know about that machine but if you are looking for the Resmed, GrayGhost above has one for sale and he is very well trusted on this site.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:47 am

The PR S1 Auto CPAP model 560 machine is a great machine. Since it already has the heated hose then it should also have the upgraded power supply and special lid...since these are considered options the hose/lid and power supply saves you $75 because you don't have to add it down the road.

Be sure to read up on how the heated hose and humidifier works.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-sys ... ifier.html
With the heated hose attached you have to go into the clinical setup menu to set the humidity selection and the knob on top of the machine when you aren't in the setup menu only changes air temp in the hose.

Go here and request the provider/clinical manual for the machine and read up on its features.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
make sure to request the correct one and for the model 560 this is what you would request
Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto with A-flex
Disregard the term Remstar and it means nothing because all Respironics machines seem to have that term.

For less than half the cost of a comparable ResMed machine...it's well worth buying if cost is a consideration. ResMeds are nice but not worth twice the price nice. and I have owned both brands.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

KnH

Post by KnH » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:59 am

Here is the web link, http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

I will have to call them Monday to make sure

Thoughts on the swift fx nasal mask compared to the air fit p10
My concern about the p10 is one size fits all

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:56 pm

KnH wrote:Here is the web link, http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

I will have to call them Monday to make sure

Thoughts on the swift fx nasal mask compared to the air fit p10
My concern about the p10 is one size fits all
That's a fluke/snafu, that shouldn't be on Amazon (or on Ebay, for that matter). Craigslist is where you have to go for that stuff. Red flashing light alert!!! I ran thru to the checkout and they didn't ask for an Rx, so don't know whats going on with those suppliers. Won't be there long I suspect.

EDIT a few hours later: I checked out those Amazon deals again (various dealers) and no descriptions, just a checkout option... something is totally fishy with that Amazon entry... I'm too tired after a 25 mile bike ride to figure it out right now - soooo let buyer BEWARE.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

KnH

Post by KnH » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Well I ordered from one of the amazon stores, didn't go with the cheapest, paid a little more from a store that had quite a lot of positive 97% customer feed back, and they are covered by amazons guarantee, so I feel pretty save, we will see.

If it was one store I would worry, but there were quite a few different stores with the same item at various prices.
From one of the customer questions, the seller stated its OK to buy/sell just not set to up without a doctors script.

KnH

Post by KnH » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:40 pm

I also ordered a airfit P10 and swift FX nasal pillow mask.
I did ask through a chat window if cpap.com would price match and it was a No.