Newby Question - Titration test last night, Sucked!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SW 2.0

Re: Newby Question - Titration test last night, Sucked!

Post by SW 2.0 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:06 am

Thanks - great to hear!

The DME did send me a manual as well. They seem to be responsive thus far.

I have a Mac, so I guess the ResScan won't work?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:14 am

Unless you put Windows on the Mac with something like BootCamp or Parallels.. ResScan can't be used on a Mac but if it becomes critical that you get a ResScan report there are ways of getting it done.
Like if I could get a copy of your SD card then I could run a report for you and email it to you.
Shouldn't be an urgent issue though. The places where SH doesn't quite get the settings correct don't really affect the overall event reporting. Just a minor annoyance really.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SW 2.0

Post by SW 2.0 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:15 am

Good to know. Thank you for all of the help!

It's greatly appreciated.

SW 2.0

Post by SW 2.0 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:31 am

I swapped the WISP mask because of leaks to the F&P ESON mask, and last night's results improved. Leak scores went from 0 / 20 with the WISP to 6/ 20 with the ESON mask, the ResMed report now looks like this:

Image. I was able to get a more detailed report from the doctor's office that shows the hour by hour details :

With the ESON mask, I did not notice anywhere near as many leaks. In fact, I thought the leak score would have been much higher than a 6 out of 20. Any thoughts?

I woke up around 2:30 and couldn't sleep for a good while, and again at 4:30, but overall, I slept better than any of the 5 previous nights with the WISP.

Would greatly appreciate any interpretations on the results, and recommendations.

PS - I also wish there is a way to log in to the details the doctor is getting!

SW 2.0

Post by SW 2.0 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:35 am

Wow, no matter how I try to fix the links, the Dropbox images are not showing up.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:42 am

dropbox and images suck. I can do it but can't remember the steps.
Use imgur instead. Save the images to jpg too...makes them smaller and easier to manage.
I was able to see the last image you showed above at the dropbox link but it took forever using the "view image" thing and what I saw looked weird for a ResMed leak report. Where did you get that image?

Anyway....use imgur and follow the format here...make sure to read all 3 pages (links are in there)
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur
and how to organize and that's where the 3 pages come in
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepy ... screenshot

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SW 2.0

Post by SW 2.0 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:50 am

My doctor's dept manager sent me a pdf file of a report that he downloaded. The machine I have has a wireless connection that sends the overnight results to a database somewhere that he can log in to and view.

I'll check out imgur, thanks!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:14 am

I would think that the docs office would be using ResScan but that report didn't look like any that I have seen but maybe they customized it.
If you could use ResScan or SleepyHead...that would be ideal.
If not...do another screen shot of what they sent you and save it as jpeg and use Imgur and it will be easier in the long run.
Getting dropbox to show images immediately takes some special steps and special file/folder stuff and I don't remember how to do it...it can be done but it's a PITA.

In terms of leak numbers....24 L/min is ResMed's line in the sand but the machine actually will do a decent job up to around 30 L/min both in responding and flagging events...above 30 and it starts getting iffy and the further you go upwards the iffier you get.

Personally...as long as I am NOT being woke up with leaks and I feel decent and sleep well...I don't worry about the actual leak number as long as it isn't above 30 for any prolonged period of time. Small briefly leak spikes (as long as they don't wake you up) are unlikely to have much impact on therapy itself.
So I wouldn't worry about the "numbers" as long as I sleep well and feel decent...and if it stayed at 20 L/min all night I simply wouldn't care...now if it started staying well above 20 L/min all night then I would worry.
From the image I did see...your leaks were up and down and not at 20 all night long.
That's what we expect to see...some variation and as long as leaks don't wake us up and they aren't in large leak territory for prolonged periods of time...who cares what the number is.

Now if you are waking up with every little leak (even the tiny ones) then of course it needs to be fixed but because they are messing with your sleep itself and not necessarily therapy effectiveness.

I know we like to use "numbers" to validate stuff but in cpap therapy it isn't all about the numbers...it's about how well we sleep and how well we feel during the day.
My leak numbers are almost always all over the place...but I sleep through them and feel quite decent (I have other issues outside sleep apnea that affect both my sleep and how I feel) and I really don't care what the numbers are as long as I don't spend inordinate amount of time deep into large leak territory. I almost always spend a few minutes here and there but that's about it.

So don't fixate on numbers alone...they don't always tell the whole story and the best "numbers" in the world don't guarantee squat. insert more descriptive word if you wish. There is a big picture involved with lots of components that the numbers simply can't show us.

SW 2.0

Post by SW 2.0 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:22 am

Ok, trying the images again:

Here's the score data from my ResMed log-in:

And here's the more detailed analysis the doctor's office can log in and see:

SW 2.0

Post by SW 2.0 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:26 am

Good insight, thank you!
The only reason I was honing in on the leaks is that is the weakest area of my score.

What was also better for me was how much quieter the ESON mask is than the WISP. Amazingly better for me.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:37 am

You have some large leak spikes...not sure why (is it mouth opening or mask movement) but overall you stay below 24 L/min for the bulk of the night.
That may be one of those MyAir reports (I am not familiar with what detail is available with MyAir).

If that were my report and I was sleeping good and feeling good...I would say screw the numbers for now.
The large leak itself varies and at times worse than others. It's hard to see just how far it goes but there doesn't appear to be much time spent above 30 L/min.
It's not a real pretty graph but I have seen worse...in fact I have one that I set a new "worst" record with.
I had to work on it as it was a "headgear too loose causing mask movement leaks" but this might give you an idea what really bad is.
Remember the overall AHI in terms of accuracy...even if you had some prolonged really bad leaks it's only the time spent in massive leak that will impact the event flagging...the other parts of the night the data is going to be accurate. It's not like OMG I spent 45 minutes in massive big leak so my AHI is totally inaccurate...it might be inaccurate for that 45 minutes and that's all.

Here's my record big leak...36% of the night in big leak...and it didn't come as a big surprise...I woke up a gazillion times (it seemed like) with the mask moving all over the place...new headgear fixed the problem immediately.

SW 2.0

Post by SW 2.0 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks. Have no idea either, but that was my first night with this mask, it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few nights.

Wow, so that's what the data coming out of Sleepyhead or Rescan looks like? That's great.

I wish the Rescan was available on the Mac (I realize I could run Windows in Parallels, but I don't want to go there).

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:59 pm

That image above is a SleepyHead report.
ResScan reports visually look different but the data is the same but not so easy to see somethings sometimes. I have ResScan but rarely use it except for storage. Lots more work to rearrange things to suit me.
I don't have a similar ResScan report I don't think but you can get an idea about SleepyHead as that's the daily detailed report...there's lots more to it.

I wouldn't put Windows on a Mac just for ResScan...not worth the headaches and there's no critical need for it at the present time.

Main things for you to worry about you can see decently on the reports you are getting. At least gets you in the ball park to help you understand.