Acting Weird In My Sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepwiggler

Re: Acting Weird In My Sleep

Post by sleepwiggler » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks. I really don't like the idea of a chin strap I am not really a mouth breather. I did out the new mask and I like the full on better still talked in my sleep but I did expect a mask to stop that. I now that I need a medium face mask so I will purchasing that. I do feel like I slept better with it but we will see how the next couple nights go to.

To be honest I just want to get best out of my treatment and figure out these actions while dreaming. I have never acted out or been vocal in my dreams until recently. Also as for the meds I am definitely having a conversation with the doctor because its not good to be on all this crap at the dosage I am taking. Besides keeping my diabetes and depression in check I think they may be other ways or meds that may be more effective at lower doses to help with my rls/plmd.

borgready

Post by borgready » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Your dreams don't sound to bad but you don't know if the psych meds are suppressing your natural response to a restricted air supply. Some of the psych meds are supposed to keep you calm so I imagine they would do they same in your dreams as well.

Get a pulse oximeter and use it. I think they can be put on the ear lobe so when you go off during a dream you don't throw it across the room. You can get a low end pulse oximeter for around $200. This will be cheaper china knock off but it should be good enough. I like the throw away probes that connects with a long wire myself. The pulse oximeter will let you know if you oxygen is dropping to low from some not breathing or not breathing enough from shallow breathing or restricted air flow in the nose.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:43 pm

borgready wrote:Get a pulse oximeter and use it. I think they can be put on the ear lobe so when you go off during a dream you don't throw it across the room. You can get a low end pulse oximeter for around $200. This will be cheaper china knock off but it should be good enough.
please don't listen to the crazy man. a "low end" pulseox is around 30$, a great one is under 100.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

borgready

Post by borgready » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:57 pm

palerider wrote:
borgready wrote:Get a pulse oximeter and use it. I think they can be put on the ear lobe so when you go off during a dream you don't throw it across the room. You can get a low end pulse oximeter for around $200. This will be cheaper china knock off but it should be good enough.
please don't listen to the crazy man. a "low end" pulseox is around 30$, a great one is under 100.
Where the links to the one under 100, I would like to see that one.

Do you know of any that will work on a cell phone as an app? There should be some thing out there that is small and will fit on the wrist as a watch yet take the disposable probes. It then communicates to a cell by wifi or blu toothe when ordered by the cell phone and the cell phone will act as a display and recording device as well as and alarm as you can get speaker that are pretty loud.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:01 pm

borgready wrote:
palerider wrote:, a great one is under 100.
I've only posted it in the forum about a hundred times. do some searching.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

borgready

Post by borgready » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:24 pm

palerider wrote:
borgready wrote:
palerider wrote:, a great one is under 100.
I've only posted it in the forum about a hundred times. do some searching.
I saw a picture of one you posted recently. It was the wrist worn type. I didn't see any links. Do you own it and use it? Does it have an alarm that is loud enough to wake a person? Will it display on a smart cell phone? How long does the battery last?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:35 pm

borgready wrote:I saw a picture of one you posted recently. It was the wrist worn type. I didn't see any links. Do you own it and use it? Does it have an alarm that is loud enough to wake a person? Will it display on a smart cell phone? How long does the battery last?
research, it's an interesting concept, you should look into it someday.

borgready

Post by borgready » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:42 pm

palerider wrote:
borgready wrote:I saw a picture of one you posted recently. It was the wrist worn type. I didn't see any links. Do you own it and use it? Does it have an alarm that is loud enough to wake a person? Will it display on a smart cell phone? How long does the battery last?
yes its an interesting concept. So I asked you a question as part of my research. You who acted like you had something to say with your cheap ass $30 pulse oximeter. I thought as least you might own it.

My cheapo pulse oximeter $200 partially works. The screen barely puts out any light and the internal battery died. Its a couple of years old. I see they still make them though. http://www.pulseoximeter.org/cms60d.html

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:53 pm

borgready wrote:
palerider wrote:
yes its an interesting concept. So I asked you a question as part of my research. You who acted like you had something to say with your cheap ass $30 pulse oximeter. I thought as least you might own it.

My cheapo pulse oximeter $200 partially works. The screen barely puts out any light and the internal battery died. Its a couple of years old. I see they still make them though. http://www.pulseoximeter.org/cms60d.html
try amazon, douchebag.

and, oh, look, yours is about 100$. *lol*

borgready

Post by borgready » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:31 pm

palerider wrote:
borgready wrote:
palerider wrote:

try amazon, douchebag.

and, oh, look, yours is about 100$. *lol*
Yeah it was a cutting edge china knock off a couple of years ago.

I want a pulse oximeter that will use a smart phone as a display. Have you seen anything like that?

sleepwiggler

Post by sleepwiggler » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:09 pm

So this morning I was dreaming again and well you can start laughing now. I was a cop chasing a kidnapper. When I caught with him I could not shoot without hitting the kid so I attacked and swung my arm and caught him across the face freeing the kid. Ok, not so bad except I actually swung my arm in my sleep with a great deal with of force and almost hit my wife. Man talking about a close call. I would been black and blue for sure.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:54 pm

sleepwiggler wrote:So this morning I was dreaming again and well you can start laughing now. I was a cop chasing a kidnapper. When I caught with him I could not shoot without hitting the kid so I attacked and swung my arm and caught him across the face freeing the kid. Ok, not so bad except I actually swung my arm in my sleep with a great deal with of force and almost hit my wife. Man talking about a close call. I would been black and blue for sure.
I've had (at least) one of those, too.
Years ago (and I don't remember if it was before or after I started therapy), I was dreaming that some wild animals were trying to attack me and I was kicking at them. Next thing I knew, I was in the process of flying out of bed.......propelled by my right leg.......kicking. I woke up somewhere in mid-air and sort of caught myself before I got injured.
Some dreams are vivid and we manage to remember them.......some not so much and are forgotten.
You can have dreams in any sleep stage.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

sleepwiggler

Post by sleepwiggler » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:01 pm

Mine are quite frequent at least 2 to 3 a week were I yelling and throwing my arms what ever I say or do in the dream I am doing in my sleep. I have set up my trail cam and actually watched the 30 sec video it takes.

knothead

Post by knothead » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:41 am

sleepwiggler wrote:So this morning I was dreaming again and well you can start laughing now. I was a cop chasing a kidnapper. When I caught with him I could not shoot without hitting the kid so I attacked and swung my arm and caught him across the face freeing the kid. Ok, not so bad except I actually swung my arm in my sleep with a great deal with of force and almost hit my wife. Man talking about a close call. I would been black and blue for sure.

sleepwiggle,

This is how I got my nickname....

sleepwiggler

Post by sleepwiggler » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:21 pm

Loveit my wife says I getting worse last night was a weird on to but this time it was just a bunch of colorful explectives