Nose getting plugged

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mikes

Re: Nose getting plugged

Post by Mikes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:38 pm

PoolQ wrote:I started at the same settings, maybe they are default. I increased to 6 and that was worse. I got down to 1 or 2 and that was better for a while. I then dropped the temperature and that was better again. I then went to off with water in the tank (passive) and better still.

Now I have it off, no water, and temp at 64! I finally found my perfect setting. It may change is winter.
I will look into the temperature, that may be it. It seems I have two settings though, hose temp and humidity setting ranging from 1-6
Mikes wrote:
tangram wrote:Doesn't hurt to try Armpit Yoga. Well, doesn't hurt much.

1. Decide which nostril you want unplugged.
2. Get in a sleeping position on the opposite side of that nostril.
3. Use a round object -- a tennis ball or doggie ball -- or use your fist to press inside of the armpit on the opposite side of the selected nostril.
4. Wait a minute or two.

Example: If you want to unplug your left nostril, position yourself on your right side. Take your left fist and press it into your right armpit. An alternative is to press on the inside of the right upper arm.

This can work wonders, often in seconds. It can be sensitive to the time of day, the body clock, and to how long you press. So if it doesn't seem to work, try it at a different time and experiment with how long you press.

A larger ball may reduce the amount of pressure you need because it has a larger surface area.

Usually I do this with the mask off. When the nostril opens, I put the mask on and resume therapy.

You can also experiment with this by sitting in a chair, twisting around and pressing the underarm on the top of the back of the chair.
I have never heard of this before....interesting. I will give it a whirl. Thanks