3 yo daughter has sleep apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
borgready

Re: 3 yo daughter has sleep apnea

Post by borgready » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:08 am

The vaccinations are known to screw with the immune system. They are more likely to get colds and be much more allergic to things in the enviroment. So if you are following the doctors advice and getting your kids pumped up with every vaccination the doctor is pushing then you might want to rethink that approach.

If your kids can't breathe thru their nose, they will mouth breathe and that will cause snoring and the sleep apnea to be worse.

Are the tonsils and adenoids swollen up so bad they have to be taken out? I doubt that fixes the sleep apnea. Start looking for ways to boost their immune system. The vaccinations are not going to help but will likely make them more sickly.

cpap will not help them if they can't breathe through their nose.

The current vaccination program of today is nothing more than a way to fuck kids up early on and get them so they are frequent customers of the medical system. Once they are frequent customers the doctors will treat them to death. Yes the medical system is part of the eugenics program that is being implemted to control the population. Ever wonder why the govt is cracking down and trying to force everyone to take all the vaccinations. They poison you enough to make you sick and then the super germs will kill you.

sleepynina

Post by sleepynina » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:05 am

candlegirl76, can I ask what alerted you to your twins' apnea? Was it just noisy breathing / snoring? I've noticed this sometimes with my son, and he often seems tired, but his pediatrician didn't think it was anything to worry about. How much watching did you do, and what did you watch for before deciding to get the sleep study? Since my adult sleep study was with mask and electrodes, I have a hard time picturing my 3-yo standing for any of it, so I'm hesitant to push unless I think it really might be something.

I have a friend whose 4-year-old is responding well to CPAP, though he has a condition other than straight OSA. He's a very active kid, but he manages, especially now that he feels better from it. So it can be done! I hope your child's therapy and/or surgery go really well.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:17 am

Sleepynina - please take your son to another doctor, one who is not so ignorant about apnea in children (as too many doctors unfortunately still are), The potential consequences of having apnea are far more devastating than one night of mild discomfort and inconvenience of testing, or a possible future with Cpap), plus untreated apnea will mess up his schooling, though that's a lesser evil next to health. You are not in a position to diagnose him based on opinions from strangers on the internet, but if you have any doubt at all, you need to be his mother, not a friend letting him off the hook of one night's testing. At the very least press your pediatrician for referral to a pediatric neurologist or pulmonologist and don't try to second guess what might be going on by yourself. Sticking your head in the sand won't help your son's health or anything else.
Last edited by Julie on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:07 am

Julie wrote:Sleepynina - please take your son to another doctor, one who is not so ignorant about apnea in children (as too many doctors unfortunately still are), The potential consequences of having apnea are far worse than the one night of mild discomfort and inconvenience of testing, plus untreated apnea will mess up his schooling, though even that is a lesser evil next to health issues. You are not in a position to diagnose him based on opinions from strangers on the internet, but if you have any doubt at all, you need to be his mother, not a friend letting him off the hook of one night's testing (or a possible future with Cpap). At the very least press your pediatrician for referral to a pediatric neurologist or pulmonologist and don't try to second guess what might be going on by yourself. Sticking your head in the sand won't help your son's health or anything else.
Couldn't agree more with Julie's advice. Get that 2nd opinion ASAP.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:07 am

sleepynina wrote:Since my adult sleep study was with mask and electrodes, I have a hard time picturing my 3-yo standing for any of it, so I'm hesitant to push unless I think it really might be something.
The first step for your child would not be a sleep study. Instead, an examination by a pediatric ENT is needed. The ENT should evaluate the size and condition of the child's tonsils, adenoids and nasal passages.

After the examination, the ENT can make a good estimate of the likelihood and severity level of sleep apnea in the child. See,
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 0w&cad=rja

Conclusions: Results show that in a population of children with OSA, tonsillar hypertrophy as assessed
by lateral neck radiograph correlates positively with the severity of obstructive sleep apnoea. The TP ratio
has high sensitivity and specificity in predicting those with moderate/severe disease and this feature may
be used as a clinical screening method in prioritising patients with OSA for further assessment.
Even the ENT's visual examination can be very revealing:

Tonsil SizeImage

Depending on the outcome of the evaluation, the ENT may recommend surgical removal of the tonsils and/or adenoids or nasal surgery or merely a sleep study.

Don't concern yourself with a sleep study for the child until you have the ENT's evaluation and recommendations.
Last edited by ChicagoGranny on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:09 am

borgready wrote:The vaccinations are known to screw with the immune system. They are more likely to get colds and be much more allergic to things in the enviroment. So if you are following the doctors advice and getting your kids pumped up with every vaccination the doctor is pushing then you might want to rethink that approach.
Please provide links to peer-reviewed science. Unsubstantiated woo articles not acceptable.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:39 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
borgready wrote:The vaccinations are known to screw with the immune system. They are more likely to get colds and be much more allergic to things in the enviroment. So if you are following the doctors advice and getting your kids pumped up with every vaccination the doctor is pushing then you might want to rethink that approach.
Please provide links to peer-reviewed science. Unsubstantiated woo articles not acceptable.
Aha! Here's the REAL reason:
borgready wrote:I don't vaccinate my kids because I need those $20 co-pays to buy beer.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:51 am

borgready wrote:The vaccinations are known to screw with the immune system. .
Everything you just posted is total bullshit and has been disproved over and over again. I guess you prefer to bury your children rather then have them grow up healthy.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:44 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:Please provide links to peer-reviewed science. Unsubstantiated woo articles not acceptable.
+1
BlackSpinner wrote:Everything you just posted is total bullshit and has been disproved over and over again. I guess you prefer to bury your children rather then have them grow up healthy.
+1

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:45 am

I saw what you wrote Morbius. Good one!

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Hang Fire wrote:I saw what you wrote Morbius. Good one!
Thanks!

You know it's good when there's a race to delete it.

Anyway, its like

http://www.vaccines.gov/diseases/index.html

given the choices, who would NOT want their kids to get vaccinated?

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Trivia time!

What vaccine causes narcolepsy?

Sort of a trick question...

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:52 pm

My neighbours granddaughter has been through the same problem. The granddaughter had a sleep over at Gramas house and she noticed that she snored like crazy and would stop breathing for a few seconds. Granddaughter was taken to a pediatrician and it was discovered she needed her tonsils removed asap. Tonsils were removed and she has recovered very well... as a matter of fact she told her friend that she needed to have her tonsils out too... then she could eat all the ice cream she wanted .
The young lady in question was 4 or 5 at the time and is now 11, and has not snored or had breathing problems since. The tonsillectomy was a one night in hospital thing, with a couple of days at home "trying to be quiet" . A tonsillectomy is not a major problem, it is a small operation to remove the tonsils and a few days recovery, Mom even stayed at the hospital with her for her one night stay.
Good luck with whichever decision you come up with for your wee babe, anything medical to do with someone so young is a very hard decision.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Morbius wrote:
Hang Fire wrote:I saw what you wrote Morbius. Good one!
Thanks!

You know it's good when there's a race to delete it.

Anyway, its like

http://www.vaccines.gov/diseases/index.html

given the choices, who would NOT want their kids to get vaccinated?
idiots, maybe people that wanted their kids to die of whooping cough, or other easily preventable diseases.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

borgready

Post by borgready » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:54 pm

You gotta love how people buy into the government system. If they believe in the government and it can do no wrong, they usually believe in the medical system and it can do no wrong. You can show them time and time again how the government screws with people and how the medical system screws with people and they still want to believe in it. I call that stupidity.

Read the drug inserts that come with the vaccines and they list a bunch of side effects. And those are the ones they admit to. The doctor will push them on young women who don't know any better and are naive at the evils out there in control. The doctor will say they are perfectly safe. That is bull shit. Your odds are better taking the chance with the diseases. The likely hood of the shot causing problems is greater than the likely hood of problems from the diseases. Keep in mind the big pharma can not be sued for the vaccines it puts out. That vaccine screws up your kid, well tough shit. That's an acceptable loss. Its for the greater good. Well, you have to ask who's greater good is it benefiting. Big pharma makes a killing fucking people up. Shoot the kids up with as many vaccines as possible at an early age and this will make them screwed up for life. Within the first week of being born they try to vaccinate now. Heck they push the flu shots on pregnant mothers. That's not good. In the past that was not acceptable, so what has changed. Nothing. So now you have government try to mandate all kids be vaccinated. This is recent like in the past year. Next they will mandate it to the adult population. If those vaccines worked so good people would stand in lines to get them. They don't work that great so the govt has to shove them down people throats. You know damn well they have an evil agenda when the govt makes it mandatory that everyone take them. Yes certain doctors, rich people, govt people are exempted from this.

For the believers in vaccines, can you say Gardasil. Have you had your shot?

So yes if your kid is sickly and allergic to lots of stuff, then you might want to think about your kids vaccination schedule the doctors push. The allergies and the sickly kids are the lesser evils of the vaccinations. This gets you coming back to the doctor for antibiotics, surgery, psych meds, pain killers, sleep meds and list goes on as the doctor will medicate you to death if they have their way. If the doctors bills don't eat up your budget and you can still have more kids then you might want to try not vaccinating any future kids. Yes you have to be clever as the govt will make it difficult for schooling and medical treatment. The rich folks have home schooling or special schools and their own doctors that look out for them and keep them out of reaches of a doctor that would vaccinate them to death on some catch up schedule. Eugenics sucks when you are on the termination list.