CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sheffey

Re: CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us

Post by Sheffey » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Krelvin wrote:Imagine, having to remove the SDcard from your CPAP machine each day to get a full report of its activities. How primitive.
I can't imagine thinking that looking at a report every day is of any value.

Do you not get to a point where your machine settings are optimized and your therapy is stable?

I do like to look at the leak and the AHI on the machine display as I am getting out of bed. A high leak number might alert me that my mask headgear is out of adjustment and I need to correct it.

But, you do what you need to do.
Sheffey

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Krelvin wrote:
RogerSC wrote:After reading all these instructions, I'm so much happier carrying my SD card to my computer, using Sleepyhead to import the data, and putting the card back in my cpap once a week.
Doesn't sound like you are a good candidate for it anyways since you only check once a week.
I do check every day, just takes pressing two buttons on the top of my cpap at the same time, turning a knob a little, and I get a good idea of what last night looked like *smile*. Once a week I'm looking for trends, and the details of pressure and leak variations each night over the last 7 nights. I don't have the time in my life (or the desire) to look at detailed data every day, but if you're sending the data to your computer daily, you only have to look at what you want to look at anyways.

I do see your point about disabilities, that makes a lot of sense to me.

Papit

Post by Papit » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:01 pm

MarylandCPAPer wrote:For the non-techies among us:
1. Would this work to transfer data from an A10 to a computer running Sleepyhead without having to insert the SD card into the computer each time?
2. Would we need a special kind of SD card for this to work, or would it work with the SD card that comes with a machine from a DME?

Thank you for this information.
Hi MarylandCPAPER.
1. If by "A10" you mean the AirSense A10, yes, wireless sleep data transmission from your CPAP to your computer should work just fine.
2. You need a special wifi card to insert in your CPAP machine for this to work and an SD card. See the 16GB FlashAir SD card specified in either of the two bottom links in my signature block. The SD card to insert in your computer can be the one supplied with your machine or a high speed SD card which you can buy later if you want the sleep data written to the card at faster speed. Both cards can be purchased from Amizon at reasonable cost.

Last edited by Papit on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machine: AirCurve 10 ASV, Mask: AirFit N30i
PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

manmosumama

Post by manmosumama » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:01 pm

ResScan looks for a removable media to load the sleep data. So, USB flash drive also works perfectly.
If you don’t like to keep inserting a removable media while just using ResScan and copying data, you don't need to use removable media any more by creating the image file on the hard drive.

1. Download virtual SD card maker
2. Create SD card image file and move it to any favorite location. (If you select the image file larger than 4GB, your hard disk must be NTFS format.)
3. Download ImDisk and install it.
4. Open notepad. Add following lines. (Path should be altered by your sd card image file’s location. p: means virtual SD drive letter p, so you can assign to any open drive letter.)

@echo off
ImDisk.exe -a -o fd -f "D:\Program Files\FlashPAP\sd.raw" -m p:

5. Save this file as SD.bat in your favorite location.
6. Open Task Scheduler. Select Create Basic Task from the Action pane on the right of the window. Under Create Basic Task, type in the name you like and click Next. From the Trigger select log on and click Next. From the Action select Start a Program and click Next. Click on Browser and select SD.bat. Click on Finish to create the Task.
7. Reboot your computer. Now, you can see new removable drive and use it for copying the sleep data by FlashPAP.