My Airsense 10 Autoset leaked water

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleepy-Ash

Re: My Airsense 10 Autoset leaked water

Post by Sleepy-Ash » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:19 pm

no_more_headaches wrote:I am wondering how many of the people with leaking chambers put them into the dishwasher with hi drying temperatures.
My wife’s chamber just started leaking right after she did a dishwasher run on it.

The Remed rep I spoke to said there is a current batch of tanks on shelves that have a fault that causes them to start leaking with use. Of my 3 tanks that have leaked-- I have never run any of them through a dishwasher. In fact, this last tank failed so quickly I hadn't yet washed it. Because I use distilled water, I typically clean it throughly every month and this last water tank failed in less than 3 weeks.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:19 am

If you need a new water chamber try this one. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... amber.html
It's $10.00 less expensive then other sites. The shipping might still be free. This one according to Resmed should last 2 years.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

grlr64

Post by grlr64 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 am

I have gone through 3 water chambers now due to leaks on my nightstand. I am calling SleepMed to have it replaced. I see others are having similar issues.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:35 am

Does anyone have experience using the Dishwasher safe chambers for the AirSense?

Are they less susceptible to leaking?

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:40 am

pratzert wrote:Does anyone have experience using the Dishwasher safe chambers for the AirSense?

Are they less susceptible to leaking?
I have been using that Dishwasher Safe Water Chamber on my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO since 9-16-15.

No leaks so far.

Because of all of the reported leaks, I do have my VAUTO slightly elevated in a water tight plastic cover to avoid any damage to the stand it is on - if it ever leaks.

If it has not yet leaked in a couple more weeks, I plan on dismantling its "protection".

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

Phil B.

Post by Phil B. » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Not so fast my friends, here is a twist:

My ResMed Airsense 10 worked great for six months, without leaks. I then received, courtesy of insurance, a new tank. I guess the idea is to reduce the potential for bacterial by replacing it every six months.

A couple days after I began using the new tank, I notice the water leak for the first time. Yes, ruined side table, big mess, etc. After it leaked several times, I thought this is no problem because I still have the “old” tank that has never leaked. When I used the old tank, I still have a leak. SO...I dont think it is the tank at all. It has to be the seals inside, or some other issue or one heck of a coincidence that a new tank and an non-leaking old tank started leaking the same week.

dave940

Post by dave940 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 am

I too have replaced a good tank, just because I am sent a new one every six months. After my most recent resupply, I made the mistake of discarding the used tank, and a few weeks later, the replacement started leaking. Now I am waiting for another tank to arrive, and have learned my lesson, definitely keep the old tank if changing out to a newer one.
By the way, I had posted last April that a gummy, resinous material seemed to be leaking from my machine. I showed it to my local Apria office, and they replaced it with a new one. I now believe that the problem was because the non-skid rubber on the bottom of the machine was the culprit, it had deteriorated because of the puddle from the leaking humidifier tank.

dave940

Post by dave940 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:58 pm

I received the replacement water tank, and whadyya know, it has developed a trace leak as well, can't identify the source, but Apria has mailed a replacement that I should receive in a few days. I was later contacted by an Apria rep about it who was completely unaware of any problems with this water tank. She was interested in seeing the tank but was not willing to go out of her way to get it, such as paying for shipping. The office is about a 45 minute drive, so I may drop it off sometime when I have a reason to drive that direction during their business hours. I mentioned this message board and invited her to spend 10 minutes or so to educate herself on this phenomenon, but the stated that she "didn't have time". It's not like I was inviting her to read about how the earth is really flat or some other such nonsense, but I was really surprised that, being an "expert" professional in respiratory therapy, she couldn't take the time to see some user anecdotes.
By the way, I'm not ruling out that there is some other possible source of the water leak. For example, I believe it is possible in my latest case that either the gasket that seals against the air pump inside the unit, or the larger gasket that seals both halves of the water chamber, might have a trace air leak that allows humid air to condense inside the warm unit while running. Just a thought.

dave940

Post by dave940 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Bobby269 wrote:If you need a new water chamber try this one. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... amber.html
It's $10.00 less expensive then other sites. The shipping might still be free. This one according to Resmed should last 2 years.
I hadn't been keeping up with this topic lately and missed this post. Thanks for the link, I wasn't aware that Resmed made a dishwasher safe model. My insurance supplies a replacement every 6 months, but they only send the standard tank. Amazingly, from the supplier in your link, the dishwasher safe model is cheaper than the standard one.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 pm

dave940 wrote:
Bobby269 wrote:If you need a new water chamber try this one. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... amber.html
I hadn't been keeping up with this topic lately and missed this post. Thanks for the link, I wasn't aware that Resmed made a dishwasher safe model. My insurance supplies a replacement every 6 months, but they only send the standard tank. Amazingly, from the supplier in your link, the dishwasher safe model is cheaper than the standard one.
Unfortunately, the "Dishwasher Safe" tank also has reports of leaks.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

dave940

Post by dave940 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Using a new tank now for over a week, no leaks so far. I've decided to never open this one, and just give it a quick spray of disinfectant followed by hot tap water once a week, hoping to avoid future leaks.

DallasDak

Post by DallasDak » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 am

:!: Just wanted to give my experience with this leaking issue. I've been using my CPAP for about three years now. Haven't had many issues at all. Last night I woke up with some dry discomfort in my throat... I'm really sensitive to that sort of thing. I noticed my CPAP had a heating fault error in it but I didn't notice the water leaking because it was pretty dark. I jiggled the reservoir and restarted therapy and the heating actually went back on. In the morning I woke up and noticed the heating had turned itself off again. Then I noticed water all over my table. I carefully moved my machine and made extra sure not to tilt it too much so water wouldn't get into the board which is on the front side parallel to the screen. Water seemed to be accumulated in the machine so I removed the four star shaped screws under the heating plate and there was a small casing that was holding water. I read nearly every post in this thread about the tank and the circular seals. My seals seemed fine. I did notice humidity in the bottom of my tank where the metal is encased in plastic. I put water in my tank and put it on the bath vanity.. no leaks. Then I realized that the machine adds pressure. I put my thumb in one hole of the tank and added some light pressure with my mouth on the other opening and sure enough water started to push through the seem and drip out. This is just a night or two after running out of water and my machine ran dry for far too long. I've run dry only a few times in my several years but I don't think it's coincidental that this happened after a particularly long dry run.

Poor tank design and user error. Live and learn.

Cmszi

Post by Cmszi » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Mine just left a puddle this morning. I only fill my chamber half-way since I don't use up that much water. Thought I had emptied the chamber but there was still a little less than half of what I had filled. I later filled it with warm water and placed it on a paper towel. About 30 minutes later I found that it was leaking at the corner where it would stop when loading it into the device. Just a nice steady slow drip. After I emptied the chamber, I could see water along the seam and was able to squeeze the chamber to show movement where it was loose.
I found it interesting because I remember seeing water in the seam, but didn't think much of it and the chamber never leaked. I did notice water on the bottom of the chamber once or twice when I was just getting ready to clean it. Only thought that it was water left on the sink.
I called my supplier and was told that the chamber is supposed to be changed every 6 mos. Then, I was also told that the filter and nose pillow mask are supposed to be changed every two weeks. It's supposed to be for hygiene safety. I thought that it was only to make money. I am diligent about cleaning my equipment.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:26 pm

Cmszi wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:11 pm
I called my supplier and was told that the chamber is supposed to be changed every 6 mos. Then, I was also told that the filter and nose pillow mask are supposed to be changed every two weeks. It's supposed to be for hygiene safety. I thought that it was only to make money. I am diligent about cleaning my equipment.
I think it's more about making money IMHO.

With common sense cleaning and care this stuff will last a long time and doesn't need replacing.
The only thing I am half way religious about changing is the filter once a month but that's more because the house I live in is very old, out in the country, lots of dust, old furnace and vents, etc. The filter gets yucky looking in 4 weeks.

The only thing I have had fail was the water chamber and that was only after it slipped out of my hands and landed on the hardwood floor. No outward breaks but the seal was compromised. I had a spare chamber so no big deal.
In all my years of cpap use (coming on 9 now) I have never replaced the water chamber until I broke one. Haven't needed to and they always look brand new. Common sense cleaning and care works well for most people.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jcd17

Post by jcd17 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:43 am

My Airsense 10 tank also leaked after less than a year. There has to be a small crack or a separation between the metal tank bottom and the plastic top, but I can't find it. It did leak a month ago and I used silicone sealant around the tank joint, but it started leaking again two nights ago. I see that Resmed recommends replacing the tank every six months! The machine works beautifully other than this leak problem. I'm concerned about water getting into the heating element below the tank and starting a fire.